North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Any consolation I will cheer on NorthBay in the game next Tuesday night at the Sudbury Arena. I think they did well in most of their deals this year and scored big with all the picks in the deal with Sarnia. 3 picks in 30 in a deep draft is amazing. NorthBay should land some very good prospects.

WJ

Reactions: Uncle

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
There are no hotel rooms available in Kingston so NB has to stay in Peterborough and bus into game. This league never ceases to amaze me.

It's all bad enough that you guys have to play a home game on the road in Sudbury, now you guys can't even get hotel rooms in Kingston?

If I was Butler, I would use these disadvantages as a rallying cry. You guys are getting no respect etc etc. Take out your frustrations on the Frontenacs!! Here's hoping you guys make a series out of it!

Ex Ranger Jake Henderson will prove his worth in this postseason. He was an excellent defensive player here in Kitchener. No doubt he's serving you guys well.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
It's all bad enough that you guys have to play a home game on the road in Sudbury, now you guys can't even get hotel rooms in Kingston?

If I was Butler, I would use these disadvantages as a rallying cry. You guys are getting no respect etc etc. Take out your frustrations on the Frontenacs!! Here's hoping you guys make a series out of it!
There is a huge kids tournament in kingston this weekend, 216 teams, which is why there are no hotels. I don’t quite understand why the closest place they could find is Peterborough? That doesn’t make any sense.

Reactions: Old hound

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hello citizens of the Gateway city. what could possibly be happening in Kingston for there to be no rooms! Seems unheard of for a city that used to be the capital. Anyhow I don’t think the Battalion will be an easy bite to swallow. Should be interesting.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
There is a huge kids tournament in kingston this weekend, 216 teams, which is why there are no hotels. I don’t quite understand why the closest place they could find is Peterborough? That doesn’t make any sense.
Right, ok now it makes sense.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
John McLellan hired as Senior Manager Marketing today. One word of advice, 'listen to the fans'!!!

A great start would be offering redemption nights as this seemed to be a real issue with some past STH.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
John McLellan hired as Senior Manager Marketing today. One word of advice, 'listen to the fans'!!!

A great start would be offering redemption nights as this seemed to be a real issue with some past STH.
I see that. Don't know if this is good or not. He had a hard time selling the Centennials in the last 5+ years of their existence and we all know what happened then.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I see that. Don't know if this is good or not. He had a hard time selling the Centennials in the last 5+ years of their existence and we all know what happened then.

I was always told John McLellan was a complete fall down in terms of marketing, hence why he has jumped from job to job for years. He did a horrible job of Marketing the Centennials......for years!!.....Only in North Bay Ontario would they make the horrible mistake of hiring this bum again!! lol......So what city do you think the Battalion will be relocated to within the next 5 years ? The OHL gives the city of North Bay a second chance at having a OHL team....and what do they get.....2 years straight lowest attendance!!.....I am not saying this to start something on here....but IMHO and the opinion of many others is North Bay does not deserve a team!!

Greatger

May 11, 2007
I was always told John McLellan was a complete fall down in terms of marketing, hence why he has jumped from job to job for years. He did a horrible job of Marketing the Centennials......for years!!.....Only in North Bay Ontario would they make the horrible mistake of hiring this bum again!! lol......So what city do you think the Battalion will be relocated to within the next 5 years ? The OHL gives the city of North Bay a second chance at having a OHL team....and what do they get.....2 years straight lowest attendance!!.....I am not saying this to start something on here....but IMHO and the opinion of many others is North Bay does not deserve a team!!
LOL I'm glad you said it. LOL

Reactions: randomhero4life

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
What is the reason for poor attendance in North Bay? Is the economy or a general lack of interest in OHL hockey? North Bay use to be a real rival of the Rangers back in the Hatcher days. That was exciting hockey.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
So are the Battalion fans going to pack the Sudbury Arena on Tuesday? I will be there rooting for you guys.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So are the Battalion fans going to pack the Sudbury Arena on Tuesday? I will be there rooting for you guys.
That's so weird to have a rival team host another's home playoff game. Props to all the Wolves fans who come out to cheer either team on. Battalion playoff hockey is whole other level of quality hockey.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
That's so weird to have a rival team host another's home playoff game. Props to all the Wolves fans who come out to cheer either team on. Battalion playoff hockey is whole other level of quality hockey.

To be honest I always supported the Northern Ontario teams, i never had any hate what so ever for them.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit

"Battalion playoff hockey is whole other level of quality hockey".......Enjoy it while you can!! Playoff games in Sudbury and they rehired John McLellan......Clock is ticking on this franchise!!

Reactions: howndawg

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
"Battalion playoff hockey is whole other level of quality hockey".......Enjoy it while you can!! Playoff games in Sudbury and they rehired John McLellan......Clock is ticking on this franchise!!
Who cares who their marketing director is? I'm surprised they even have one. The Battalion never even advertised their playoff tickets during their first two playoff runs. This guy could completely drop the ball and accomplish more than the team has in previous years.

tsn

Jan 15, 2018
Any consolation I will cheer on NorthBay in the game next Tuesday night at the Sudbury Arena. I think they did well in most of their deals this year and scored big with all the picks in the deal with Sarnia. 3 picks in 30 in a deep draft is amazing. NorthBay should land some very good prospects.
Thanks Wolf

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
tickets on sale now at the battalion site for the home game on the 29th. Looking to buy 2 tickets beside one another, will i have trouble buying them at the door the day of? all those extra online fees seem a bit much.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
tickets on sale now at the battalion site for the home game on the 29th. Looking to buy 2 tickets beside one another, will i have trouble buying them at the door the day of? all those extra online fees seem a bit much.
Wont sell out , your good

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
....year Batt moved I heard Abbott sold his game for 80 mill....that and the fact he has an ultra guaranteed gate for 10 more years should keep them inplace until Sudbury win a OHL title or win the division!!~~!~!!~

cub

Apr 11, 2012
....year Batt moved I heard Abbott sold his game for 80 mill....that and the fact he has an ultra guaranteed gate for 10 more years should keep them inplace until Sudbury win a OHL title or win the division!!~~!~!!~

Have no idea, what you are stating or implying here, maybe you can speak clearly on this point. Also, by the way are you coming to Sudbury to watch North Bay?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...the NB Battalion lose ONE playoff game....the curling is drawing about 12,000 a day..the Battalion get ALL concessions...BEER...and I belive $2,50 a ticket..do the math...not hurting...first crowd for Kingston MIGHT get 3,000.....I for one would not be surprised..playing Butler hockey to see a first round upset....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad