North Bay Battalion 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troops fan

Mar 24, 2014
OHL wake up. Get some quality referees in this league. Scott Ferguson and Sean Pindar are f@#$/^& terrible. Pete's full value for the win today, played better then us, not a problem. Those 2 s#$* refs are reason for me to stop going to junior games...god awful...GOD AWFUL.

Could not agree with you more. In 3 years I have been blown away at how poor and inconsistent the refereeing is. Has anyone let these guys know it is a physical game and hard body checks are allowed. Congrats to the Pete's on a well deserved win. The Batt's will bounce back. Let's just hope the next 2 clowns that referee have a feel for the game of hockey.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
OHL wake up. Get some quality referees in this league. Scott Ferguson and Sean Pindar are f@#$/^& terrible. Pete's full value for the win today, played better then us, not a problem. Those 2 s#$* refs are reason for me to stop going to junior games...god awful...GOD AWFUL.

NO kidding. Absolute incompetent referees.
I left after the Shankar penalty. Poirier just before that didn't deserve the CTH.

Referees should not be the difference in the game. I don't pay to see them.

Bubba P

Nov 12, 2012
NO kidding. Absolute incompetent referees.
I left after the Shankar penalty. Poirier just before that didn't deserve the CTH.

Referees should not be the difference in the game. I don't pay to see them.

Scott Ferguson did the Barrie game on Saturday. It was the same thing. BRUTAL!

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Luckily for the Battalion, the Petes have the worst PP record in the League. Four of five Petes goals were even-strength. Should be a good game tomorrow night -we'll see which Petes team shows up.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Recap:2-0 big win!

Well it's April fools and the Petes are still playing hockey??:laugh:

After the last night's game Mike Amadio tried to retrieve the game puck for Smitty, J**RKoff captain Cornel fired the puck away from him and Prophet took it to the dressing room. Keep your puck losers! Smitty still got the shutout and the Battalion won 2-0 have a nice drive up to the Bay!!

Lets pack the place tonight 7th man.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Great bounce back win after what could have been a crusher of an O/T loss the previous game. And what a couple of unlikely goal scorers.

As far as "packing the place", a look at the seating chart indicates many seats are available. Could be a new low in the 3 year history of the franchise. If so, kind of interesting for game 5 of a playoff series, coming off a win in game 4.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Well it's April fools and the Petes are still playing hockey??:laugh:

After the last night's game Mike Amadio tried to retrieve the game puck for Smitty, J**RKoff captain Cornel fired the puck away from him and Prophet took it to the dressing room. Keep your puck losers! Smitty still got the shutout and the Battalion won 2-0 have a nice drive up to the Bay!!

Lets pack the place tonight 7th man.

The Petes rang the post twice in period one looks like lot of seat left tonight.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Good game... What a fun and stressful series.... Amadio and Smith have been great.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Considering it was a Friday, combined with the importance of last night's game, a crowd of 3300 isn't what you would expect. That's pretty much the same attendance as nearly every other regular season game this year. Back in the honeymoon first season, it was more of a crowd in the 4000+ zone (and juicy 50-50 pots in the $7K range). Its like the club hasn't been able to maintain a high level of interest in the wider community other than the hard core group that regularly shows up. Cost might be a factor for some families with 2 or more kids but perhaps the numbers would tick up if Cogeco didn't offer every game live. Its ok for radio coverage to be live but maybe cable should only offer the game on a day-after basis. Lets recall that old saying - those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Well stated, hardclimate. Crowd size last night, and so far, has been disappointing but not totally surprising. Several weeks ago a contributor here criticized me for my doom and gloom regarding attendance. I believe part of the comment was something like: “just wait until the playoffs, the Gardens will be rockingâ€. Here is a 3-season Home Game 3 comparison:
2014 – vs. NIA. in game 5 first round series, down 3-1 after 2 losses in St.C.: 3,800+
2015 – vs. BAR. in Game 3, 2nd round series after 4 straight away games (3 of them wins): 3,700+
2016 - vs. PBO in game 5, tied at 2 after road win the night before: 3,300+.
I presume playoff success will translate into increased attendance numbers, but it just might take a little longer this year, and I don’t know how long the Battalion can last. If they get past Petes, Barrie or Kingston just look too strong.

It might be useful to remember the following:
When the Centennials left after numerous abysmal seasons of attendance, the new game in town became Tier 2 Skyhawks. They had the top or close to it average in the country in the range of 2200-2500 for several seasons and then settled back to 500 or so. When the Nipissing Lakers arrived, they had game numbers of 3,000+ and had an average in the top 2 or 3 in the country, 2800 or so, in the early going. They soon dropped back to 1000 approx., even for playoff games (pre-Battalion).

I went to the arena Tuesday morning to purchase tickets for Friday’s game. Remembering similar situations in the last 2 years, I figured early arrival would be important to snag a decent spot in line. At 8:35 I walked up and there was only a staffer there. There were hundreds of seats available in the 4 prime sections. The staffer said these season ticket holders had already declared no interest in the playoff tickets or had not responded to the team’s request for commitment. Therefore the team simply released the whole bunch for public sale. As a result, I purchased a pair 2 seats from centre ice about 10 rows up. Good for me, but should this be possible? What does it all mean? I have no idea, but I am not liking the vibes I am getting at this point in the North Bay Battalion’s history.

On a more positive note, last night's game was top-notch sports entertainment. And Mike Amadio is simply the best hockey player to wear a North Bay uniform in 20+ years.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Poirier a minus-5 in Peterborough? This kid has been an astounding disappointment. We are in trouble next year if this kind of effort is what we have to look forward to from a guy we're expecting to provide some offense.

And Riley Bruce...what is there to say?

The rest of this team needs to up their game on Tuesday or they're done. Amadio's line can't play all 60 minutes.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Did you guys watch that crap last night ? Up by 3 goals and for reason they (or Stanley) decided to play defensive hockey. Which we all know they don't have this year. (Giving Liberati away didn't help either).
Anyway, it made me stop & think what this team is going to be like next year without Amadio. I give full credit to the Petes who wanted it more than we did.
I guess we all knew this team won't go far this year, but have a look at Barrie. The Steelheads have taken them to a game 7. Who would have thought.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hey Battalion fans. Long time Wolves fan here. Thinking of making the trek tomorrow night. What are my chances of scoring a good ticket at the gate? Thanks.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Did you guys watch that crap last night ? Up by 3 goals and for reason they (or Stanley) decided to play defensive hockey. Which we all know they don't have this year. (Giving Liberati away didn't help either).
Anyway, it made me stop & think what this team is going to be like next year without Amadio. I give full credit to the Petes who wanted it more than we did.
I guess we all knew this team won't go far this year, but have a look at Barrie. The Steelheads have taken them to a game 7. Who would have thought.

Haven't seen you at the games, home watching reruns of Shane Parker's coaching style? That's six playoff rounds we won in three years, appears "Stanley" knows what he's doing!!!!

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Haven't seen you at the games, home watching reruns of Shane Parker's coaching style? That's six playoff rounds we won in three years, appears "Stanley" knows what he's doing!!!!
Myself, along with many hundreds of other STH chose not to attend the playoffs. My reasons is that I can't be at all the games so why would I have to dish out $80 and not be able to go, to support them ?
I have supported them for the last three seasons and have missed 8 games this season due to games that I could not attend. I have not seen the Battalion offer us ticket redemption nights for these games apparently it is too much work for them to issue a free ticket off a already bought ticket. Seems kinda lame to me. But a little goes a long way and many STH I've talked
to feel the same way. I'm sure they notice the attendance drop next year but there will always be the new oddball that will commit to 3 years. Myself I will purchase the games I am sure I can attend before giving them any money.
MartyHiggins I sure hope you aren't one of those nut cases on the Facebook Battalion Fan Club too ? We don't need people like you on this site.

Last edited:

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Myself, along with many hundreds of other STH chose not to attend the playoffs. My reasons is that I can't be at all the games so why would I have to dish out $80 and not be able to go, to support them ?
I have supported them for the last three seasons and have missed 8 games this season due to games that I could not attend. I have not seen the Battalion offer us ticket redemption nights for these games apparently it is too much work for them to issue a free ticket off a already bought ticket. Seems kinda lame to me. But a little goes a long way and many STH I've talked
to feel the same way. I'm sure they notice the attendance drop next year but there will always be the new oddball that will commit to 3 years. Myself I will purchase the games I am sure I can attend before giving them any money.
MartyHiggins I sure hope you aren't one of those nut cases on the Facebook Battalion Fan Club too ? We don't need people like you on this site.
Hey Greatger..don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.. It's actually negative people like you that we don't need. GoTroopsGo!

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015

If I miss games, I have buddies at work or friends who will buy my pair of tickets in an instant. I guess it's hard trying to sell a single seat. Try getting a friend rather than staying home, kicking the dog and complaining, Enjoy the hockey!!!!!

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Congrats on a great series, best of luck the rest of the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA