North Bay Battalion 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
No one is arguing the on ice product so stop bringing it up. I keep hearing " you better support this team or you will lose it". Well, the barn door swings both ways. Don't take your season ticket holders for granted!! And yes, I will be renewing my 2 seats?

Can we stop this nonsense and start talking about hockey? There must be a general ***** and moan section somewhere on HF boards.

North Bay has enough negative bull@#$^, without starting crap about the best thing to hit our community in years.

Would you rather have bobble heads, free tickets,duffle bags etc. or have one of the best major junior organizations in the country to cheer for.

Honest to God, I wonder about this town sometimes.

GO TROOPS GO!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
folks used to complain about the Attack marketing too.
Winning a Championship healed a lot of hurt feelings.
Oh and a new video scoreclock they installed!
Be patient, you've got a club a lot of fans are envious of.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...marketing is up against free live TV of the home games.....which I never understood...who else does that????

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
...marketing is up against free live TV of the home games.....which I never understood...who else does that????

Shows home games? Any team that's sponsored by Cogeco, I'd imagine.

If you have Center Ice on Cogeco you can watch the entire OHL.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
North Bay hosting CHL Canada-Russia game Nov 10, 2016....

NORTH BAY, Ont. – The first of two Ontario Hockey League games in the 2016 Canada-Russia Series will be played at North Bay on Thursday, Nov. 10, the Canadian Hockey League announced Thursday.

The series, pitting Russia against teams of Canadian players from the OHL, Western Hockey League and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, is to serve as part of Hockey Canada’s selection process for the national team that will take to the ice in the 2017 World Junior Championship, scheduled Dec. 26 to Jan. 5 at Montreal and Toronto.

The second game for Team OHL will be played at Hamilton on Nov. 14.

“We’re very pleased to have been selected to host a Canada-Russia Series game and to have our fans get the opportunity to welcome visitors and national television viewers to the Gateway City,†said Scott Abbott, owner of the North Bay Battalion.

“Fans have provided the Battalion with tremendous support since the team’s arrival in the city in 2013, and I’ve been asked many times when we’d be hosting an event such as this. We’re happy to say that the time now is coming and that we can help put North Bay in the national spotlight through this event.â€

The series is to open in the WHL, at Prince George, B.C., on Nov. 7 and at Edmonton on Nov. 8. After the games at North Bay and Hamilton, the series shifts to two Quebec centres, Baie-Comeau on Nov. 15 and Chicoutimi on Nov. 17.

“The rivalry between Canada and Russia is one of the greatest in hockey,†OHL commissioner David Branch, the president of the CHL, said in a news release. “For the 14th straight season we look forward to bringing the CHL Canada-Russia Series to communities across our country.â€

The World Junior Championship will feature players born in 1997 or later. Among the 1997-born players on the Battalion roster are centre Brett McKenzie and defencemen Riley Bruce, Zach Shankar and Mark Shoemaker.

Ticket information for the game at Memorial Gardens will be released soon, with Battalion season ticketholders receiving priority.

All games are to be telecast in English on Sportsnet and in French on TVA Sports.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Ticket information for the game at Memorial Gardens will be released soon, with Battalion season ticketholders receiving priority.

There's a little perk for the STH's.....

three dog night

May 3, 2014
With North Bay stunning loss in Peterborough tonight and the Ice Dogs win over Flint the margin for third place is down to three points big game Saturday at the Meridian Centre.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
With North Bay stunning loss in Peterborough tonight and the Ice Dogs win over Flint the margin for third place is down to three points big game Saturday at the Meridian Centre.

The Petes are only five points back but admittedly have a key injury (Timleck) and a tough schedule to finish the season including two games against Barrie, one against Niagara and one against nemesis Oshawa who almost always beats the Petes. It's a safe bet that Niagara is your biggest threat.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The home and home vs Sudbury, while not a complete gimme, is a nice buffer though. Getting two wins there helps keep pace if we manage to drop one down the stretch.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
By the look of the lack-luster performance last night in Peterboro, I'd say Stanley has his work cut out for him. It was a slow start right from the goaltending out.
Damn I wish Wood would move his feet in those snow-shoes. Also, the lack of hitting didn't help either. Petes were making them look like pilons out there. Better get their butts in gear.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
A one for six weekend - looks like Stan was right back at the end of their first year in the Bay when he said he was concerned that Barclay Goodrow and company had spoiled local fans with their exciting and successful level of play. The second year with Nick Paul and company was a decent follow-up but didn't quite progress as far. Now that the third season is here, it's looking like the first round might be all she wrote. Amadio's success this year will be remembered as will 'steady-eddie' Jake Smith's saves but it doesn't seem that they have the horses to lead them far. Next season is a big question mark too.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Good game for the Ice Dogs why did they not start Smith or put him in the game at some point felt sorry for the back up.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
A one for six weekend - looks like Stan was right back at the end of their first year in the Bay when he said he was concerned that Barclay Goodrow and company had spoiled local fans with their exciting and successful level of play. The second year with Nick Paul and company was a decent follow-up but didn't quite progress as far. Now that the third season is here, it's looking like the first round might be all she wrote. Amadio's success this year will be remembered as will 'steady-eddie' Jake Smith's saves but it doesn't seem that they have the horses to lead them far. Next season is a big question mark too.

The usual brick wall defence seemed to be absent tonight. It looked like more people were trying to score than protect the house, which unfortunately led to Kment being hung out to dry. Well we split the best of six in half at least!

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Excellent article, Brock.

You asked several questions I would have asked as well. It was very interesting to hear his critique of McKenzie's game after him being passed over at the draft last year. I was also unaware he had the opportunity to coach a young Big Z.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Notes and observations from today’s workout:

1) Mike Baird(??) played LW with Mike Amadio and Mathew Santos;
2) Zac Poirier (he of the 5 game suspension) played his usual RW spot on Brett Mckenzie’s line. In the past it seemed that suspended players moved in and out of the rotation with various combinations during a workout and his replacement took his former spot;
3) There was a 3rd ‘keeper (name unknown) participating fully in the drills;
4) Riley Bruce was in street clothes and did not suit up. He probably won’t play this weekend.

So, missing for the next 3 (at least) are: a 15 goal scorer (of which there are only 3 others on the team), a top 4 defender, and a useful winger (Daniil Vertiy). It appears the Battalion will be 1 skater short of a full lineup. While not wishing to denigrate Sudbury Wolves, what looked like money in the bank (4 points) a month ago seems somewhat less assured now.

In trying to do the math on some of the possibilities, it looks like any team landing in a tie with NB will have the tie-breaker by virtue of more wins. Does anyone have any feelings or predictions on how this might play out by the end of Sunday’s games?

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
According to Estabrooks on Cogeco sports today, the Troops only need two points to clinch home ice for the first round. If they can't manage two points from Sudbury after two consecutive games maybe they don't deserve home ice. Hope they're not looking to get them on Sunday.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It should be a good series regardless of who NB plays. NB likely finishes 3rd. I would favour the Petes & Niagara over NB in a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad