New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Many collars around the league are indeed trash. The Habs and Hawks are AWFUL.
Habs looks like a toilet seat to me
And the Hawks one is definitely a pilgrim collar. The way they have them set up is trash. The circular neck but with a pentagonal area for the NHL shield. Teams with open laces got the most shitty end of the stick on that. How’s the stitching on the Adidas? Similar to the Reebok one where it’s layered zig-zag?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Looks like the fonts for the names and numbers are one area that remained totally unchanged, right? I haven't peeped a customized one up close yet.

By the way, all kidding and personal tastes aside, I'm glad a bunch of yall are enjoying the new unis. In the end we all root for the same team.

3-4 people doesn't make a bunch

Reactions: BenedictGomez

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Yea the collars were messed up for everyone. Thing is there was really nothing to do with the collars. They were perfect as is and couldn't be improved upon. Problem is the old collars were RBK collars. Adidas needed to put their stamp on something and make it theirs. To them better an ugly original Adidas than a good looking RBK

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
3-4 people doesn't make a bunch

If it's a handful or otherwise, no skin off my back.

I've criticized the redesign previously because I feel they missed the mark in a number of ways and I'll be sticking with my older reeboks.

When it comes to fellow fans however, if some are digging the new jersey then I'm glad they're happy with them that's all.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Counted 7 addidas Devils jerseys at MSG yesterday (not including mine). I think we can put to rest that these won't sell. We will see more and more and more as the season goes on.

gomek

Jul 10, 2007
I just get so annoyed when I see the new jerseys that I haven't been able to bring myself to watch a game yet. I'm probably now reading twice the amount of news feeds and blog posts than I used to, to make up for it. At least that much has been very enjoyable this season.

I also come by this thread from time to time to give myself some solace that I'm not alone. So thanks everyone for that.

It's kind of odd, but if some said to me last season "The Devils will have a dream season, but they'll do so in the ugliest K-mart jersey imaginable" I'd have to say "OK" but somehow I'm not sure I would have predicted how much of damper it has been for me.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I just get so annoyed when I see the new jerseys that I haven't been able to bring myself to watch a game yet.

That's.... a tad extreme, no?

I mean, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all, but that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, unless the team fashion statement is what you're really truly invested in.

gomek

Jul 10, 2007

I mean, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all, but that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, unless the team fashion statement is what you're really truly invested in.

I know it sounds extreme but it's (still) annoying to me to watch (where reading about it is a little better). Part of what I love about following hockey is the tradition and the legacy. So it's not really a 'fashion' thing as much as a 'heritage' thing.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I know it sounds extreme but it's (still) annoying to me to watch (where reading about it is a little better). Part of what I love about following hockey is the tradition and the legacy. So it's not really a 'fashion' thing as much as a 'heritage' thing.

Fair response, and perhaps I should have worded it in a less snarky way. I still think not watching at all is too extreme, but thanks for the reply in a considerate manner.

That said, the product on ice is not as drastically different as the "on-the-rack" look might suggest, IMO. But to each their own.

gomek

Jul 10, 2007
For what it's worth, until the NHL works out the issues with blackouts, watching games is not terribly convenient either, so that does play a part as well. (Though I guess that's for another thread).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The wider white stripes on the home jersey is the only thing that really sticks out to me when watching the games. I'm actually glad they didn't put the waist stripes on if they would be as wide as the ones on the sleeves.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Update: These new jerseys still look like crap.

winner.jpeg

Reactions: Its a Trap and tr83

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the road white's are at least less noticeable. The home red's are worse.

I still don't detest them, just don't care for them at all.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

There are some people who legit stopped following the team because they moved to Newark in a brand new amazing building so yeah nothing really surprises me when people say they haven't watched because of a jersey.... And that's coming from someone who really hates these new ones too.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
There are some people who legit stopped following the team because they moved to Newark in a brand new amazing building so yeah nothing really surprises me when people say they haven't watched because of a jersey.... And that's coming from someone who really hates these new ones too.

I don't know about that. Stopped following the team? They probably just don't go to as many games because Newark is a wretched hellhole. Bringing your kids to a game and walking through Newark Penn and seeing some of that stuff is not exactly pleasant. But most everyone agreed Continental was a generic nothing arena

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I think this is the real reason they HAD to get rid of the hem stripe. Someone really likes the idea of equal-sized stripes. Dunno why.

But why did the elbow striping have to be changed from normal to obscene floaties? I mean you could have matching without matching thick wide stripes

Interesting is that with all the empty space they created by removing the hem stripes you would figure they may make the crest larger to cut into that. But they didn't do that

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know about that. Stopped following the team? They probably just don't go to as many games because Newark is a wretched hellhole. Bringing your kids to a game and walking through Newark Penn and seeing some of that stuff is not exactly pleasant. But most everyone agreed Continental was a generic nothing arena

I remember being at one of the fan club meetings where people bitched and moaned about Newark and how they were done if we actually went there so yeah while it's definitely a small amount of people there was definitely some. I haven't been to any of the fan club stuff since then either because that was enough for me.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The whites definitely look better than the reds but I have always thought that even with the bottom stripes anyway. I'm not gonna go out of my way to purchase a jersey cause I never wear them anyway. Our old jerseys were definitely better but I think the longer this season goes on people will forget about it, especially if our success continues. I'm much happier being 4-1 wearing these jerseys than being 1-4 wearing the old ones.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I'm still getting one of each, but torn on who.

I always like to get a jersey of a player I like, regardless of skill, and one of a great player.

Hischier Road and Prout Home it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad