New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Well, not because I like it, but because I have to acknowledge that it is part of the teams history, I went against my better judgement and walked away from the last game with this:

I was looking at it wondering why it looked so damn big but actually fit well. I finally figured out the reason is twofold: 1. It's a sea of red that makes the jersey look way longer than it actually is and 2. the logo is smaller, adding to the sea of red. I still don't like it. In fact, it looks even worse when you see it up close. But it is a part of Devils history. I'm not delusional enough to believe me buying or not buying one will have any impact whatsoever on the future usage of the jersey by the team on the ice.

I got my white Hischier jersey back from being stitched. I pretty much feel the same as you do, though I don't hate these jerseys to the degree others do. That said, it does look odd when putting it on. :laugh: I don't notice it as much on the ice with all the players wearing them, but when I compare it to an old one, it definitely stands out.

I'm a jersey collector and I wanted to get one of Nico, so I have no regrets here.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
I noticed that it really depends on how the player is standing...

Here it looks like a completely different jersey
636438765689891623-NICO.JPG

DLzbPFRVAAA_01-.jpg:large

But here it looks very close to the old jersey...

DMD6tARVQAEDTXD.jpg

w768xh576_2017-10-09T214835Z_1337025143_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NHL-NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-AT-BUFFALO-SABRES.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So basically the jerseys are equivalent to the girl who looks good in the mirror picture she spent a half hour finding the right angle, yet when it comes to her at any other angle, she looks nothing at all like the mirror shot.

Yeah, that post and the pics are like, "if you can actually see the new uniform, it's awful, but if the player bends in such a way that you cant tell it's not the old uniform, it's okay". LOL

Reactions: Bosskarelli

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
The teams 6-2, and people are still bitching about the jerseys. Got news, they're not changing anytime soon, so get used to them

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
The teams 6-2, and people are still *****ing about the jerseys. Got news, they're not changing anytime soon, so get used to them
Got news: the team being 6-2 has nothing to do with the jersey's what-so-ever. In fact, it's probably a good thing the team is off to such a great start otherwise the fans would be bitching about it more as another way to express anger at the team sucking.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
So is it just me or is it impossible to buy a 2018 Devils custom home jersey on NHL Shop unless it's in size small? Every other size is crossed out. I've checked every day for the last week.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Got news: the team being 6-2 has nothing to do with the jersey's what-so-ever. In fact, it's probably a good thing the team is off to such a great start otherwise the fans would be *****ing about it more as another way to express anger at the team sucking.

Still don’t think most fans care as much as some on here want them to.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Got news: the team being 6-2 has nothing to do with the jersey's what-so-ever. In fact, it's probably a good thing the team is off to such a great start otherwise the fans would be *****ing about it more as another way to express anger at the team sucking.
I don't like the reds at all, but bought a white so I think I am as nonpartisan as it gets with this discussion. But I have to agree the majority of the fans at the games really don't care.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
No, they are not bad/different enough to make the entire fan base revolt and stop buying jerseys. However, if you asked the fanbase which jersey they prefer, 95% would say the old jersey.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey friends. Does anyone know if they sell the larger sizes of the Fanatics replicas at the team store? I mean 3x and 4x. I tried calling but got no answer. Thanks!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You're referring to Devils Den? I can check for you tonight.
I'll be there later so I can look. Thanks though. I'm really impatient and I'm about to buy one from the website but if I can be a cheap bastard and not pay for shipping I'll buy one tonight haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad