New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
$

40% of the HFBoards Devils fanbase agrees: they hate it, and the designer needs to go in front of a firing line.

56% of the HFBoards Devils fanbase concurs: it's worse than what we had, but maybe we can forego the rifle.

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I will give it the season and see how I like the new design. But from the picture above, it is pretty damn clear which jersey is the nicer jersey. Hischier literally looks like he's wearing the practice jersey.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Posting again since I couldn't edit the last post since the thread was just closed but...

O'Neil wasn't talking about changing the jerseys, he was talking about adding 3rd jerseys apparently, he responded to TG responding to a fan question.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
$

40% of the HFBoards Devils fanbase agrees: they hate it, and the designer needs to go in front of a firing line.

56% of the HFBoards Devils fanbase concurs: it's worse than what we had, but maybe we can forego the rifle.

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

I think it'll look slightly better with the numbers added but my god it's awful.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Posting again since I couldn't edit the last post since the thread was just closed but...

O'Neil wasn't talking about changing the jerseys, he was talking about adding 3rd jerseys apparently, he responded to TG responding to a fan question.

True but the sentiment that "we would only do something with the jerseys if the fans wanted it" was a huge lie.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
True but the sentiment that "we would only do something with the jerseys if the fans wanted it" was a huge lie.

He said the only reason to make 3rd jerseys is if the fans want them, we will ask them. I don't like the new jerseys but that's not what this tweet was about.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
They didn't even try to improve the jerseys! It seems like they literally just wanted to change them for changes sake! To put THEIR stamp on the team and make it different from years past. And then they try to feed us this garbage about it honoring the teams history as if we are stupid. Every fan of this team knows that the Rockies, Scouts, and especially the Newark Bulldogs have absolutely no connection or relation to this team. The fact that they would use that to justify their changes and expect us to believe them is asinine. Do they think we started following this team last year?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
They didn't even try to improve the jerseys! It seems like they literally just wanted to change them for changes sake! To put THEIR stamp on the team and make it different from years past. And then they try to feed us this garbage about it honoring the teams history as if we are stupid. Every fan of this team knows that the Rockies, Scouts, and especially the Newark Bulldogs have absolutely no connection or relation to this team. The fact that they would use that to justify their changes and expect us to believe them is asinine. Do they think we started following this team last year?

Agreed, speak with your wallet and don't buy one. That's my plan.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hopefully in a few years when Addidas rolls out more jerseys the higher ups fix their mistake and give the fans a real gem. Perhaps the retro template with the red and black colors. I think most of us were on board and were excited for that possibility. Or at the very least bring back the normal jerseys.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I will do my absolute best not to purchase a jersey but theres definitely a chance I cave at some point and buy a Hischier jersey.

I sent one of the old ones away to be made up as a Hischier jersey. If you like the reebok, maybe buy a cheap blank now while still on sale.

I realize it will not be accurate according to what he will be wearing in the league but there's just no question which one will look better.

I will not be buying any of the redesigned ones no matter what, it's just an eyesore to me. I've always loved wearing our reebok design though. For me it's always been part of the fan experience of seeing a game, whether away or at home.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
there isn't a meltdown anymore

we've already melted into a pool of apathy

I'm still in the denial stage. I still imagine the old jersey when they take the ice for opening night and the addias jersey will have just been a nightmare or delusion.

I wonder if the lack of stripes and piping make it cheaper to manufacture. That is my best guess as to what they were trying to do there. Make it as cheap as possible and sell some ridiculous story about why they turned the jersey into a chunk of red tent material.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
there isn't a meltdown anymore

we've already melted into a pool of apathy

Haha. Regarding Nico, I believe he did wear the old jersey at the camp, meaning it's not a jersey foul to plant his name on an old one.

Upside of this whole affair is I was able to grab some jerseys on the cheap.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I already have my Zacha player t shirt and I'll be getting a Nico one. I've been only buying those over the past years anyway.

As a general rule I don't buy jerseys for the kids until they sign their first giving up UFA years long term deal. That will include Hall in this case. Fortunately procrastination saved me from Kovy and Larsson purchases.

I'll probably grab a Nico since he's the first number one overall pick. Was going to put Zajac on one of my blanks for this upcoming season and of course he goes down for months.

Hmm this is my tenure jersey year, maybe that becomes the Nico which will save me from having to buy a new abominable one. Two birds, one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad