Negativity Thread

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Tarasenko will always be a liability when it comes to defense. Schwartz cant handle the physicality of the playoffs. Our coach has no idea how to adapt on the fly. Our GM is currently living in a different reality. Boumeester is washed up, and is worse than Jackman. Shatty will never be more than above average offensively, and gets beat way too much in his own zone. Backes is in the bottom 5 captains in the league. Stastny is overrated, and is nothing more than an average 2nd line centerman.

Did i forget anything?

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Tarasenko will always be a liability when it comes to defense. Schwartz cant handle the physicality of the playoffs. Our coach has no idea how to adapt on the fly. Our GM is currently living in a different reality. Boumeester is washed up, and is worse than Jackman. Shatty will never be more than above average offensively, and gets beat way too much in his own zone. Backes is in the bottom 5 captains in the league. Stastny is overrated, and is nothing more than an average 2nd line centerman.

Did i forget anything?

Your list was like the Blues. Started out strong but eventually lost in the end.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Realistically I think we'll make the playoffs but it's good to expect them not to, because then you won't be as disappointed when the inevitable happens.

Gonna make my expectations as low as possible, even if Armstrong somehow traded for Crosby. I just can't.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I guess this fits here...

None of you can get under the skin of Sens and Bruin fans like me. Step your game up STL HF.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
The Blues will never win the cup.

giphy.gif

rivermanfan

Oct 19, 2015
Lots of fine whining!!

It always amazes me when I read the posts here how everyone completely freaks out about this team. Everyone wants to see Hitch and Army chased out of town with pitchforks! I think this entire board would completely implode if we were ranked in the bottom 5 of the league instead of the top 5!

Yes I understand that it sucks that we have flamed out in the playoffs in recent years. The fact that 5 out of the last six winners have been out of the west, and 3 of those from our own conference (Blackhawks), makes matters pretty tough. I'm not saying that meritocracy is ok, but the Blackhawks went through a 40 year drought before going on their run here in the last few years. There were some very lean years for them in this period.

The solution to win is not always to blow up the system every time you don't win the Cup. Is it a coincidence that at least 3 former Blues coaches have gone on to win multiple Cups (Arbour, Bowman, Quenneville)? Are we going to add Hitch to that group?

Just putting it out there...let the flames begin!!!:madfire:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'll whine however much I damn well please. I've been a fan for nearly 20 years and have seen them do diddly squat. Many posters here have been fans much longer than I have, and have seen an equal amount of success. What we have now obviously is not working. Should I just silently sit and watch another season come and go?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
What is the solution then? Stick to the status quo despite the fact that the Blues have been continually bounced in the first round?

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
You can still be a fan and not like the direction the team is headed, or question the management that's in place. This is a forum for discussing such topics

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
A better team than this years' lost to Minnesota last season. Minnesota. Armstrong responded by keeping the coach, trading skill away, and managing to get slower somehow. As the team has predictably not performed to previous years' expectations this season, the rumors circle around band-aid trades, but no mention of getting rid of the coach who admits he doesn't have answers for how the club needs to improve. Hitchcock has been outcoached in 4 consecutive post-seasons. The same issues the team has had in the post-season, lack of reliable scorers, can't penetrate collapsing defenses, lack of effective adjustments, still plagues us. We're giving up more goals and scoring fewer goals than ever under Hitch. We play our worst hockey when everyone is healthy. I don't understand how someone can look at the team playing on the ice and think to themselves that this team has a fighting chance as is. Only the absolute miraculous best case scenario can lead to the Blues even playing in June at this point.

Side note: I am willing bet absolutely anything that Hitchcock does not win another Stanley Cup as a coach in the NHL.

Insanity is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different result
-Einstein
-Michael Scott

Einstein never said that.

rivermanfan

Oct 19, 2015
I'll whine however much I damn well please. I've been a fan for nearly 20 years and have seen them do diddly squat. Many posters here have been fans much longer than I have, and have seen an equal amount of success. What we have now obviously is not working. Should I just silently sit and watch another season come and go?

Fan for 30+ years here and won't say that they have never done "diddly squat". With the exception of a few years ago this team has always "been in it". Granted we've never gone all the way and won it, and that sucks, but only one team wins it all each year. We've made a lot of progress from the basement dwelling team we were a few years ago and are perennially "on the brink" of breaking out. Have we made it over the hump yet? No, but consistency in management is a foundation in just about any winning team. Do we have the right combination to make that happen? Maybe, maybe not, but every year we have finished at or near the top of our division with these guys. All I'm saying is that change for changes sake in team management rarely brings Cups.

BTW you do have a constitutional right to whine!!:yo:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I know a lot of Blues fans, and I've been one myself for quite sometime. Never, in the entirety of my life, have I heard more people complaining, and going to great lengths to bend facts or just blatantly making stuff up to try to prove that they have a leg to stand on. Even in the 80s and 90s, when we went fourteen years without getting past the second round, people didn't complain this much. There were several years of reloading, taking a step back and then trying again, and people were generally accepting and realistic about that. But now all of a sudden it's unacceptable for some reason. I don't see where people are getting their sense of entitlement, I guess. Seems to me like a case of bad expectations.

I expect this team to do well, and I want this team to win it all more than I want most things. But I can be patient. I enjoy the games because they're my team. And of course, there are things that I don't love about this team, but there are plenty of reasons to be happy and to be excited about this team's future. But to expect that every year we ought to be in the Cup finals is ridiculous. Hell, LA didn't even make the playoffs last year. To me, it's enough that we are a competitive team night in and night out, and that when I turn on the TV there's a pretty good chance that we're going to win that game. When the playoffs come around, we stand as good of a chance as anybody of breaking through. It's not a foregone conclusion that this team won't do well in the playoffs this year. You can pontificate all you want, but there's nothing tying regular season success to post-season production, there just isn't. Again, look at the Kings and Blackhawks who just squeak into the playoffs every year and then go on a run and get it done. I have faith that this team can do that, because they show me that they know how to win games, even when it isn't pretty. I refuse to hang onto past failures, because there's too many of them. And they don't bear on this season's results anyways. This is not the same team as last year, and yet some folks insist that we can't possibly do well. You can sit around and say "well you know our GA/GF isn't as good this year" all day, but the fact of the matter is that we're still doing better than 26 other teams. Seasonal results are relative. We are a top 5 team right now, and thems the facts.

I don't care that people want to criticize this team. This is the place for that discussion to happen. What bothers me is the bile that comes along with it, and the lengths that some people go to to drag players and coaches' names through the mud. It's totally uncalled for, and it's downright unsportsmanlike at times. When you can only look at this team by seething at it, of course you're going to be unhappy! So why should anybody trust your judgement? There's no reason for me or anybody else to accept arguments made by people who only want blood and vengeance out of this team. People aren't mad that this team isn't performing well this year (because we are performing well this year), people are mad because nobody hung for the Minnesota loss last year. It's shameful. And it makes people create this impossibly high standard for the team where any loss is taken as a sign of the end times. Great teams lose. Great teams make mistakes. Great teams find ways to win a majority of the time anyways, and we do that. But to hold a team that is currently over .500 to the grinder in the same way that I'd expect a team like the Leafs or Blue Jackets to treat their team is insulting to the integrity of this team.

I look at it from the point of view of justice. This team is successful until they prove to me that they aren't (i.e. innocent until proven guilty). They have my faith because I love this team. That doesn't mean I can't or won't criticize them, or offer my opinion on how they might be better, but I refuse to act like they owe me anything or that they are failures from the start. I know they'll probably let me down again, but hey that's part of being a Blues fan. They can have my faith anyways, and I wouldn't give it to anybody else if they paid me a million dollars for it. I just wish other people could enjoy it in that way too. So I do get defensive about this team, but I find it hard to sit around and let other people get the facts wrong, either intentionally or because they didn't even bother to check, in order to disparage the team that I love.

That's all I've got to say about that.

rivermanfan

Oct 19, 2015
I know a lot of Blues fans, and I've been one myself for quite sometime. Never, in the entirety of my life, have I heard more people complaining, and going to great lengths to bend facts or just blatantly making stuff up to try to prove that they have a leg to stand on. Even in the 80s and 90s, when we went fourteen years without getting past the second round, people didn't complain this much. There were several years of reloading, taking a step back and then trying again, and people were generally accepting and realistic about that. But now all of a sudden it's unacceptable for some reason. I don't see where people are getting their sense of entitlement, I guess. Seems to me like a case of bad expectations.

I expect this team to do well, and I want this team to win it all more than I want most things. But I can be patient. I enjoy the games because they're my team. And of course, there are things that I don't love about this team, but there are plenty of reasons to be happy and to be excited about this team's future. But to expect that every year we ought to be in the Cup finals is ridiculous. Hell, LA didn't even make the playoffs last year. To me, it's enough that we are a competitive team night in and night out, and that when I turn on the TV there's a pretty good chance that we're going to win that game. When the playoffs come around, we stand as good of a chance as anybody of breaking through. It's not a foregone conclusion that this team won't do well in the playoffs this year. You can pontificate all you want, but there's nothing tying regular season success to post-season production, there just isn't. Again, look at the Kings and Blackhawks who just squeak into the playoffs every year and then go on a run and get it done. I have faith that this team can do that, because they show me that they know how to win games, even when it isn't pretty. I refuse to hang onto past failures, because there's too many of them. And they don't bear on this season's results anyways. This is not the same team as last year, and yet some folks insist that we can't possibly do well. You can sit around and say "well you know our GA/GF isn't as good this year" all day, but the fact of the matter is that we're still doing better than 26 other teams. Seasonal results are relative. We are a top 5 team right now, and thems the facts.

I don't care that people want to criticize this team. This is the place for that discussion to happen. What bothers me is the bile that comes along with it, and the lengths that some people go to to drag players and coaches' names through the mud. It's totally uncalled for, and it's downright unsportsmanlike at times. When you can only look at this team by seething at it, of course you're going to be unhappy! So why should anybody trust your judgement? There's no reason for me or anybody else to accept arguments made by people who only want blood and vengeance out of this team. People aren't mad that this team isn't performing well this year (because we are performing well this year), people are mad because nobody hung for the Minnesota loss last year. It's shameful. And it makes people create this impossibly high standard for the team where any loss is taken as a sign of the end times. Great teams lose. Great teams make mistakes. Great teams find ways to win a majority of the time anyways, and we do that. But to hold a team that is currently over .500 to the grinder in the same way that I'd expect a team like the Leafs or Blue Jackets to treat their team is insulting to the integrity of this team.

I look at it from the point of view of justice. This team is successful until they prove to me that they aren't (i.e. innocent until proven guilty). They have my faith because I love this team. That doesn't mean I can't or won't criticize them, or offer my opinion on how they might be better, but I refuse to act like they owe me anything or that they are failures from the start. I know they'll probably let me down again, but hey that's part of being a Blues fan. They can have my faith anyways, and I wouldn't give it to anybody else if they paid me a million dollars for it. I just wish other people could enjoy it in that way too. So I do get defensive about this team, but I find it hard to sit around and let other people get the facts wrong, either intentionally or because they didn't even bother to check, in order to disparage the team that I love.

That's all I've got to say about that.

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad