Negativity Thread

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Why do you say that? Do you know of a plot to murder me??? My father lived to 94, my mother to 86, but, she probably could have lived to 100 if she hadn't been agoraphobic, and just lain in bed for her last 7 years. My father's mother was 97, and still walking 3 miles a day, never having been in a hospital bed in her life. She was completely healthy and could have lasted another 10 years +. My father's father also lived into his 90s (92). My Mother's mother also lived to 94, and her father was 87. I am going on 73, and can still run fast, still can lift 55 kilos over my head, and lift weights every day. I haven't required any medicine (so far-thank goodness). Unless I run in front of a train, bus or tram, I should last, at least, another 20 years, or so. But, I suppose that The Blues could easily go another 20 without winning The Stanley Cup, or even get into The Finals. But, I can and do still hope they will. :naughty:
Talk about some good genetics man

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Since this is the Negativity thread, let me have a go at it:

All this heartbreak and disappointment is what happens when you steal an awarded franchise away from another city; move the Blues to Baltimore and break the curse. Only people who have and still are benefitting from the debacle is the Wirtz family.

Blues will never win the Cup and all Blues fans, even the most optimistic ones, know this is the damn gospel truth.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I love how Benn is suddenly reviled for his "sitting" tactics, and yet PK Subban continues to be adored by some Blues HF members, despite using the same tactic even more often. Blues HF can be a confusing place ...

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why do you say that? Do you know of a plot to murder me??? My father lived to 94, my mother to 86, but, she probably could have lived to 100 if she hadn't been agoraphobic, and just lain in bed for her last 7 years. My father's mother was 97, and still walking 3 miles a day, never having been in a hospital bed in her life. She was completely healthy and could have lasted another 10 years +. My father's father also lived into his 90s (92). My Mother's mother also lived to 94, and her father was 87. I am going on 73, and can still run fast, still can lift 55 kilos over my head, and lift weights every day. I haven't required any medicine (so far-thank goodness). Unless I run in front of a train, bus or tram, I should last, at least, another 20 years, or so. But, I suppose that The Blues could easily go another 20 without winning The Stanley Cup, or even get into The Finals. But, I can and do still hope they will. :naughty:

I was just ****ing with you. :P

I love you man.

Btw enough for positive this is negative thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I love how Benn is suddenly reviled for his "sitting" tactics, and yet PK Subban continues to be adored by some Blues HF members, despite using the same tactic even more often. Blues HF can be a confusing place ...
And arguing against a conglomerate “Blues HF” seems to be the epitome of Blues HF. The broad stroke criticisms would be better if they came with quotes and instead focused on the individuals in said group.

As far as I’m concerned: Sitting on players is bad, m’kay, and leadership isn’t worth discussing at this point.

Reactions: RoarBacon

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
And arguing against a conglomerate “Blues HF” seems to be the epitome of Blues HF. The broad stroke criticisms would be better if they came with quotes and instead focused on the individuals in said group.

As far as I’m concerned: Sitting on players is bad, m’kay, and leadership isn’t worth discussing at this point.
I did say "some". Without editing. :)

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So Captains lead by getting farted on. That makes sense.
Rather have my Cap get farted on than take a stupid penalty and have our top defenseman taken off the ice. Someone like Thorburn or Jaskin should have been the players to tear him off of the Cap.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Rather have my Cap get farted on than take a stupid penalty and have our top defenseman taken off the ice. Someone like Thorburn or Jaskin should have been the players to tear him off of the Cap.
Benn's face would have been about knee high if someone wanted to come in and do something about it. Just sayin'.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Benn's face would have been about knee high if someone wanted to come in and do something about it. Just sayin'.
And then that person gets suspended for multiple games for kneeing someone in the head and Blues are on a five minute penalty kill for a stupid penalty....

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
And then that person gets suspended for multiple games for kneeing someone in the head and Blues are on a five minute penalty kill for a stupid penalty....
And?

Hey, if we're going to embrace the tank we all need to be on the same page. :laugh:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Since this is the Negativity thread, let me have a go at it:

All this heartbreak and disappointment is what happens when you steal an awarded franchise away from another city; move the Blues to Baltimore and break the curse. Only people who have and still are benefitting from the debacle is the Wirtz family.

Blues will never win the Cup and all Blues fans, even the most optimistic ones, know this is the damn gospel truth.

Baltimore stole The Browns away from St. Louis, and now you want them to steal The Blues! :eek:

Reactions: PiggySmalls

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Baltimore stole The Browns away from St. Louis, and now you want them to steal The Blues! :eek:

Actually, Baltimore put in a bid for an NHL team and was to be awarded one, St. Louis didn't and yet got -their- team thanks to the meddling of the Wirtz family in an effort to sell off the arena. A certain man named Sid enters the scene and suddenly the city of St. Louis has an NHL team.

-That- is clear cut theft.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Actually, Baltimore put in a bid for an NHL team and was to be awarded one, St. Louis didn't and yet got -their- team thanks to the meddling of the Wirtz family in an effort to sell off the arena. A certain man named Sid enters the scene and suddenly the city of St. Louis has an NHL team.

I know the story. I lived in Chicago at the time. Blame The Wirtzes, don't blame The Salomans for wanting a team in St. Louis.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

Yeap, thank you Blackhawks for the Blues.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

I know the story. I lived in Chicago at the time. Blame The Wirtzes, don't blame The Salomans for wanting a team in St. Louis.

Umm... I actually did blame the Wirtzes :D.

It's not the Saloman's fault that they were approached with an offer for a hockey team and it was gained in the manner the Wirtzes gained it and I don't remember blaming them; if I had, I would have included them in my OP (underlined quote). At least they didn't get moved to bloody Saskatoon.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Dead last at central and 3rd lowest at western. Even Arizona is ahead of us.

This team in paper is stacked.

I still have big hopes for Blues like I did have pre-season. f***, first time in many years I really believed in Blues, I still do. I believe this group.

I would like to us win, but it would not make things better knowing Yeo isn't the right coach for this team. Or is he?

I'm not sad, I'm like shock mode. I don't understand how we can suck. Its not all coaches fault.

Somebody needs to wake up this team. Grow some balls.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
The Blues make easily one of their best trades ever. They have young players with talent about ready to make a positive impact. They have ownership willing to spend to the cap and add depth that has been desperately needed.
So, what is the problem?
The coaching? Sure. The lack of a legit goalie? No doubt.
But if those two things weren't bad enough, 13 games into the season Petro, Schenn, and Schwartz who were easily 3 of the best players throughout last year, have been consistently playing significantly below what any of us should have expected. On their best nights so far, they have been OK. On their worst nights or at least their worst shifts, they have been atrocious. Mostly, they have been bad to average. Uggghhhh.
That's what I have for negativity. Frustration.
It almost makes the frustration worse that ROR has been unbelievably good, Perron better than before, Fabbri looks like a soon to be solid top 6 contributor, and Sanford - good, Barbeshev - improved. ... Uggghhh.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Ok one more thing to get off my chest. I had no high expectations for Maroon. I was hoping he'd be a decent bottom 6 guy who would bring some much needed intensity to help Schenn, Schwartz, and Eddy in that department.
Instead, Maroon deservedly went from top line to 3rd line to 4th line to healthy scratch in 13 games and Blues fans (at least the ones who don't know him personally) were mostly in consensus that the plummet in playing time took longer than it should have.
His contract doesn't matter ... other than I am glad it's only one year.
PM was betting on himself. So far, it looks like most bets placed in Vegas.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The Blues make easily one of their best trades ever. They have young players with talent about ready to make a positive impact. They have ownership willing to spend to the cap and add depth that has been desperately needed.
So, what is the problem?
The coaching? Sure. The lack of a legit goalie? No doubt.
But if those two things weren't bad enough, 13 games into the season Petro, Schenn, and Schwartz who were easily 3 of the best players throughout last year, have been consistently playing significantly below what any of us should have expected. On their best nights so far, they have been OK. On their worst nights or at least their worst shifts, they have been atrocious. Mostly, they have been bad to average. Uggghhhh.
That's what I have for negativity. Frustration.
It almost makes the frustration worse that ROR has been unbelievably good, Perron better than before, Fabbri looks like a soon to be solid top 6 contributor, and Sanford - good, Barbeshev - improved. ... Uggghhh.
Petro has not been good for the majority of the season. I kind of figured that Schenn would not produce as well as last season, but he's not someone I'd point a finger at. He's doing fine. Schwartz...a complete no show so far. It's funny how Perron was always bagged on here for not contributing when it mattered, yet he's kind of helped keep us afloat. I think, this being a negativity thread, we need to focus on the guys that aren't pulling their weight. Yeo isn't managing his talent properly, nor is he making in game changes when the opposing team adjusts to our strategy. This is Hitch, minus the defensive acumen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad