Negativity Thread

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
As a team:

- Lehtera, Lindstrom,- Lehtera has sort of fallen off the map since the glory days of the STL line. Neither of them are huge offensive contributors and I wouldn't mind seeing either of them go

Defense

- Jackman- ohhhh Jackman. The player you love to hate. He's the weakest link in our otherwise amazing defense. Always loses it when he pinches, always misses the hit, always takes dumb penalties. A great guy, but has no place on our team at all.

- Other than that, our defense has several points to work on: making breakouts cleaner, hitting the net from the point, and getting guys out from in front of our net. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing opposing players chill in our crease while their offense rips shot after shot to the front of the net.

Goalies

- Elliott- Needs to learn to poop BEFORE he suits up.

- Allen- Saved my best for last. No one wants to criticize this guy. Flops around in the crease, doesn't get square to the shot, lets in easy and flukey goals. Always a gamble on how he will do in the shootout. Has made it clear earlier in the season that he can't handle playing in a starting role or even playing in multiple games without folding. Is anyone else seeing this? I feel like I'm the only one.

Coaching Staff

- Need to work on more cohesion in the offensive zone. It's very hard to see what systems are being utilized on what line. I'd like to see more work behind the net from our bigger lines and more shots from the point on our less productive lines (if we could hit the net). Too much dumping and chasing- to the point of embarrassment at times. This is 2015 not 1971.

At least you got your wish with Lindström gone. Unfortunately, all the other problems you mentioned still exist.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
At least you got your wish with Lindström gone. Unfortunately, all the other problems you mentioned still exist.

We lost our best scapegoat. Maybe he filled that slot and they were able to play better with that.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
The players, media, and fan base are all acting like we are the leafs. That is the only thing negative I have to say.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Coming to the conclusion the blues are just one of those teams that are destined to never win a championship. That is until they move to a different city, then they will win a cup within the first 5 years.

I'm being sarcastic in the negativity thread. Although I do wish I didn't love this team so much, because then living smack in the middle of STL & Chicago I could easily jump ship, to be a Blackhawks fan. My dad is a Hawks fan, come to think of it evey one in my family that follows hockey is a Hawks fan. Except for my wife, who is loyal to all my teams (Red Sox & Blues, only 2 sports I really follow) of course she doesn't really follow the sports herself, she just roots for who I root for when they're on TV. I'll stop babbling now...

:dunno:

byfuglien

Mar 23, 2014
Europe
Lethera has shown the last months that he is a third liner at most. Stastny has been average all season, utter waste of money. Oshie the same,wouldnt mind us trading him sooner rather then later. Our D men are the worst at pinching and holding the blueline in the entire leauge. Offensively Pito and jaybo are exciting as a gravel. Always backing up, how fun....

And another year coming, we have no good goalies, what a shocker. I have 0 faith in Elliott/Allen.

Hitch need to go. There is no "joy" on the ice, we are way to negative and afraid to make a mistake on the puck. He drags the team down.

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
Lethera has shown the last months that he is a third liner at most. Stastny has been average all season, utter waste of money. Oshie the same,wouldnt mind us trading him sooner rather then later. Our D men are the worst at pinching and holding the blueline in the entire leauge. Offensively Pito and jaybo are exciting as a gravel. Always backing up, how fun....

And another year coming, we have no good goalies, what a shocker. I have 0 faith in Elliott/Allen.

Hitch need to go. There is no "joy" on the ice, we are way to negative and afraid to make a mistake on the puck. He drags the team down.

Is this an overly sarcastic post like some others...or serious?

We're struggling, but good lord...is there anything about the team you do like? I get that everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I'm not trying to say you're wrong...but the tone of your post sounds like we're somehow in 29th place and have been out of the playoffs for months.

We're 1 win away from clinching a spot, and 3 points behind Nashville, with 2 games in hand on them. Sure, they've played some pretty miserable hockey recently, but it's not like the season's over.

There's a chance they could bow out like last year, but chances are equally good that they right the ship, get themselves in place, and make a run. I know it's tough when we have to go through the all too familiar end of season Blues frustration, but we're still in a very good position. I'd much rather be in 2nd and scrapping to get to 1st than in LA or Chicago's spot, where they're currently trying to make sure they stay out of a Wildcard spot.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
No word on Tarasenko!

What will the blues do? Lose like a team? Or just lose, everyman for themselves?

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Is this an overly sarcastic post like some others...or serious?

We're struggling, but good lord...is there anything about the team you do like? I get that everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I'm not trying to say you're wrong...but the tone of your post sounds like we're somehow in 29th place and have been out of the playoffs for months.

We're 1 win away from clinching a spot, and 3 points behind Nashville, with 2 games in hand on them. Sure, they've played some pretty miserable hockey recently, but it's not like the season's over.

There's a chance they could bow out like last year, but chances are equally good that they right the ship, get themselves in place, and make a run. I know it's tough when we have to go through the all too familiar end of season Blues frustration, but we're still in a very good position. I'd much rather be in 2nd and scrapping to get to 1st than in LA or Chicago's spot, where they're currently trying to make sure they stay out of a Wildcard spot.

You need to take this post to the Positivety thread ;)

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
My negative post. Blues collapse again this year in first round of playoffs. That said I have lived and died with every game this year. I also have been entertained and loved every game this year watching the Blues. The Blues give us a good team to cheer for almost every year. Like some Chicago Cubs fans, I may not live long enough to see the Blues win it all, but I will be there every year cheering them on and hoping against hope that this is finally our year. :D:D:D

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
My negative post. Blues collapse again this year in first round of playoffs. That said I have lived and died with every game this year. I also have been entertained and loved every game this year watching the Blues. The Blues give us a good team to cheer for almost every year. Like some Chicago Cubs fans, I may not live long enough to see the Blues win it all, but I will be there every year cheering them on and hoping against hope that this is finally our year. :D:D:D
You're really not very good at this negativity thing. There's no smilies allowed here :(

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
They'll bomb again like they have their entire existence. Playing their worst hockey at the most critical time. Seems on par.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
i like the fact that multimoodia started this thread

Who else could've? I mean really.
If I left it up to others then they'd be focusing on Elliott or Jackman or something instead of ensuring everyone e,braces the full spectrum of suck, the vortex of potential negativity that is the St. Louis a blues.

Somebody had to step forward.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
They'll bomb again like they have their entire existence. Playing their worst hockey at the most critical time. Seems on par.

The only question is which bridge will we all be meeting at for the mass suicide. If there are enough of us we could just make a new bridge out of Blues fans!

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Who else could've? I mean really.
If I left it up to others then they'd be focusing on Elliott or Jackman or something instead of ensuring everyone e,braces the full spectrum of suck, the vortex of potential negativity that is the St. Louis a blues.

Somebody had to step forward.

you missed a lot of high quality posting during your hiatus. there was a guy who legitimately wanted the Blues to reacquire Chris Stewart and Bryce Salvador. I was secretly hoping it was your alt account.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
you missed a lot of high quality posting during your hiatus. there was a guy who legitimately wanted the Blues to reacquire Chris Stewart and Bryce Salvador. I was secretly hoping it was your alt account.

I wouldn't have included Stewart. I woulda gone for something like trading for Salvy and...I dunno Reto Berra or something.

Oooh...Jovanovski. Yeah.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
57865463.jpg

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
To quote the famous line from Seinfeld "I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become hopeless. When you're hopeless you don't care."

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You know what might be the most frustrating? The fact that beyond Allen who played his ass off and Backes and Ott, who probably came off a little foolish but still, it didn't even look like they gave a damn.

Backes might take a dumb penalty and Ott is an idiot, but Jesus christ, at least I can tell they give a damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad