Negativity Thread

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Thanks for this. Really has nothing to do with the Blues winning in Chicago though.

It has about as much to do with the Blues winning a future game in Chicago as every other game the Blues have already played there in the last five years. To say you can't do something because you haven't done it yet is pretty silly. Pretty much the textbook definition of hyperbole. That's the point I was trying to make.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Not to de-rail the glowing negativity of this thread, but just because we haven't done something doesn't mean we can't. I can drive a car. I couldn't do that when I was 8. I couldn't do it until I learned how, and now I can.

Spain-train-crash.gif
:shakehead

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It has about as much to do with the Blues winning a future game in Chicago as every other game the Blues have already played there in the last five years. To say you can't do something because you haven't done it yet is pretty silly. Pretty much the textbook definition of hyperbole. That's the point I was trying to make.
But driving a car is something you learn and can always do.

Winning a hockey game really isn't something that you can just learn in your mind and never fail at it or forget it again.

Confidence goes a long way in hockey games. In a game, let alone a playoff game, the Chicago Blackhawks have a huge advantage against the St. Louis Blues at the United Center as we speak.

Could the Blues win a game there? Sure. But why should anyone expect them to win multiple games there as if they've suddenly figured out how to beat the 'Hawks? Going against evidence really isn't the most logical thing to do, it's just the optimistic way. And this is the negativity thread. ;)

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Is it that much harder to imagine the Blues being able to win a game or two at an elite team's rink than it is to imagine them finally winning a Cup? If the latter is going to happen, then the former would seem like less of a stretch.

For the Blues to find post-season success, they're going to have to do something we've never seen before.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I was at the game and saw pure hatred from backes toward tarasenko. He basically body checked him shoulder to shoulder into the boards during warmup and then passed a puck to someone that wasn't him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was at the game and saw pure hatred from backes toward tarasenko. He basically body checked him shoulder to shoulder into the boards during warmup and then passed a puck to someone that wasn't him.

Tarasenko doesn't meet the age requirement to be considered a real teammate.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Is it that much harder to imagine the Blues being able to win a game or two at an elite team's rink than it is to imagine them finally winning a Cup? If the latter is going to happen, then the former would seem like less of a stretch.

For the Blues to find post-season success, they're going to have to do something we've never seen before.

Or did you mean:

Manage to enter the playoffs via ways other than by ambulance?
Manage to win more than two games in a single series?

Actually move beyond the mythical third round of the playoffs?

I mean there's a lot of stuff we've likely never seen them do, I'll need a more concrete example.

RR10*

Another first round exit

Looks like we will face Chicago once again and the only way I see us beating them over 7 games is if both Kane and Toews are injured which wont happen.

Nashville is too solid to give up the first place and they have an easier schedule down the road.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Here we go again. Welcome back RR10. You don't have ever nothing else to say except whine if we loose. :arr:

Last edited by a moderator:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Looks like we will face Chicago once again and the only way I see us beating them over 7 games is if both Kane and Toews are injured which wont happen.

Nashville is too solid to give up the first place and they have an easier schedule down the road.

Old Faithful. Or is it Old Faithless?

Thanks for this. Logged on today to read this post, and pretty sure I could have written it verbatim before looking.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

So if we beat them can we count on you admitting you were wrong?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

GOOD WORK....Now say if Toews and hossa get hurt :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

ClayMoney9

The Snake Bites
May 5, 2014
The Lou/Como
As a team:

- Gives Chicago and LA way too much respect. We could be able to beat them if we turned up the physicality. Maybe throw a cheap shot or two their way to get the many hotheads of Chicago and LA off their game. I hate to advocate that sort of thing but at this point we need all the help we can get.

- Can't handle pressure. Every Blues fan needs to realize that we do better without all the fancy playoff videos and online articles projecting us going far in the playoffs. Playoff strategy for this year should be: the less pressure put on our team, the better.

Offense:

- Berglund- needs to focus on his game and find his role within the team. He's not quite a scorer, he's big but has no physical game. He's an okay winger, but not that good at making plays either. My advice- pick one aspect of his game to focus on and work on that exclusively. Unless drastic improvement is seen, I will celebrate the day he finally leaves.

- Stastny- being under-utilized in light of his skill as a center. (that's what we signed him for right?). Should be on the second line with Tank and Schwartz. A few weeks of systems work should be enough to make that line tops in the NHL.

- Backes, Oshie, Steen- a solid line that shouldn't be broken up. However, they need to be more conscious of their ice time. When the clock ticks past one minute, they don't have the legs to defend a counter attack. Backes needs to work on controlling his temper and watching his concussion numbers. Oshie needs to realize that even NHL players need basic training sometimes, eat some humble pie and sign up for skating lessons. I've never seen any player get less out of his strides. Also, if you're going to fall down so much, go the Hartnell route and donate to charity so at least someone benefits from it.

- Lehtera, Lindstrom,- Lehtera has sort of fallen off the map since the glory days of the STL line. Neither of them are huge offensive contributors and I wouldn't mind seeing either of them go

- Ott, Reaves, Goc- The real weakness of this line is Ott. Used to be a great faceoff guy for the stars, where did that talent go? He falls down every time he takes one, needs to learn how to balance his weight and work on what to do once he wins. We know that Reaves and Goc can grind out some points. Reaves needs to work on his conditioning. I get that being quick isn't his job. But NHL players should be able to get more out of a shift than the 30 seconds Reaves gets before he starts dragging his feet. Conditioning, faceoffs, and systems work should give this line plenty to work on in the offseason.

Defense

- Jackman- ohhhh Jackman. The player you love to hate. He's the weakest link in our otherwise amazing defense. Always loses it when he pinches, always misses the hit, always takes dumb penalties. A great guy, but has no place on our team at all.

- Other than that, our defense has several points to work on: making breakouts cleaner, hitting the net from the point, and getting guys out from in front of our net. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing opposing players chill in our crease while their offense rips shot after shot to the front of the net.

Goalies

- Elliott- Needs to learn to poop BEFORE he suits up.

- Allen- Saved my best for last. No one wants to criticize this guy. Flops around in the crease, doesn't get square to the shot, lets in easy and flukey goals. Always a gamble on how he will do in the shootout. Has made it clear earlier in the season that he can't handle playing in a starting role or even playing in multiple games without folding. Is anyone else seeing this? I feel like I'm the only one.

Coaching Staff

- Need to work on more cohesion in the offensive zone. It's very hard to see what systems are being utilized on what line. I'd like to see more work behind the net from our bigger lines and more shots from the point on our less productive lines (if we could hit the net). Too much dumping and chasing- to the point of embarrassment at times. This is 2015 not 1971. Extensive work with Allen should be done to give him confidence in the net and eliminate flopping.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Bump bump bump....actually had the cottonmouth kings song in my head with that. This thread has been too quiet all things considered lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad