Montreal is the worst team in the league.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
As a non-traditional American Leafs fan, I never shared the hatred for Montreal. I've always hated Detroit instead. I used to say my two favorite teams were the Leafs and whoever was playing Detroit that night.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It’s time to fire their GM. He’s changed everything on a team that has zero depth and talent other than price. Time for the team to pull their heads out of their backside and remove him. He has done nothing to provide talent and depth to this roster.

Reactions: Menzinger

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Time for a rebuild.

Might be able to move Weber at 50% retained. Price and Patches would go for a good haul too.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
What happened to Galchenyuk? He was always hyped to the heavens here. He doesn't seem to be an elite 1c like many believed him to be.

I'll bet money that when he gets traded he'll go on a tear. There will only be a few Montreal fans who will be surprised when it happens. You can see the talent, he just hates the organization at this point.

Reactions: Riddum

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
As much as I dislike Montreal.. they clearly are not the worst team in the league. They are better than Arizona and Buffalo at the very minimum.

But that Weber for Subban trade will hurt them for years to come. IMO they should try a quick retool and move Galchenyuk (I think he can improve vastly on another team).

Reactions: Raymoondo

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
They play pretty hard, which I can respect, but the talent just isn't there to actually win games anymore... Unless Price comes back 100% and starts single handedly winning games for them again (pretty unlikely).

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Why do they always show the Habs GM after every goal against? Noticed it while watching the condensed replay earlier today.

What point does it serve? Must be someones agenda or something.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
It's perplexing how they're trying to force Drouin to be a #1C, as if he didn't already have huge expectations to meet. I mean wtf are you doing?

grim

Sep 22, 2005
ottawa
Does Marc Bergevin know what he's doing? What part of managing an NHL team has he not mismanaged? Centres. Wingers. Defencemen. Goalies. Rookies. Prospects. Contracts. Coaches. Media. Russians? [mod] Snappy dresser though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Johnny Steps

New Leaf

Oct 16, 2008
I can't speak for all games, but the Habs threw a lot of garbage at the net last night and broke down a fair bit defensively. If that's common, it could explain the low PDO.

First period was a great example, 16 shots and only 1 dangerous chance (which didn't end up in a shot). Leafs had 2-3 good chances on the 6 shots they were credited with.

I don't care what system a team is running because at the end of the day Price is not going to stay at .877, Drouin is not going to shoot at 5.2%, Pacioretty is not going to shoot at 7.1%, etc. It won't hit 1000, but only 0 to 2 teams stay this low a season. I just don't see this Canadiens team being among the worst NHL teams. They lack forward and defensive depth. They're not a good team. But worst? I doubt it.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I get you don’t like the Habs and that’s fine, but ****ting on the city and it’s people and calling it a hell hole? Just plain classless if you ask me. And so are the people who liked your post.

You poor guy, welcome to the internet, this **** gets said all the time on the internet. dont be so butt hurt. Dont like it? ignore it. Done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad