Montreal is the worst team in the league.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I know he's young, but that Drouin trade is looking bad. They traded a potential #1 19 year-old D just a few onths ago.

Reactions: Lilou

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Well, Price hasn't exactly been a hart contender the games he has played this season. I would hope for him to be mediocre this season if I were you, at least that would bring in some much needed exciting prospects in the draft. Let him start carrying you again when his massive contract kicks in

Even if we end up at the bottom of the standings we still might not get a top 3 pick. We'll get an exciting prospect for sure but we can't just hope the team to keep underperforming and expect to get a franchise player in the draft as a result.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How can Montreal even blow it up if they wanted to? The Weber and Price monster contracts will be hard to move.
That's the thing. They are in such a tough situation with those contracts. Price can assure them of never getting a top pick with his play. And it's a tough contract to move.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
People think Weber is too slow for the way the NHL game is played now? He's 32 years old. He's signed until he's 41 (FOURTY ONE!!!!!). Almost 9 more years!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I pray Montreal can't move him. That's 9 more years of our young elite core eating Montreal for breakfast! Going to be glorious (already is, really)

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Montreal's PDO was .975 before tonight's game and it'll be even lower now. There's going to be a bounce back for them. What remains to be seen is if there's going to be a panic move before that happens.

Not all PDOs even out by the end of the year, some stay low and some stay high. PDO just shows what a good team should do.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Even if we end up at the bottom of the standings we still might not get a top 3 pick. We'll get an exciting prospect for sure but we can't just hope the team to keep underperforming and expect to get a franchise player in the draft as a result.

But if they get better this year you can pretty much guarantee you won't get a franchise player in the draft.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Can't see how they get out of this mess. Price will limp back and when he does, he will keep them from the bottom of the standings so a tank ain't happening. Can't see anyone trading for him either... who wants to gamble on an injury prone, yet admittedly very good goalie, who may not be healthy for the half the remaining term on his deal, at 10.5m a year??? Several recent examples show GM's won't spend huge bucks on one goalie and handcuff themselves, never mind figuring who has 10.5 in space to spare. Weber at 8 for another 9 years?? Ug. MB is probably on the phone to Lou now asking if he'll subdivide robidas island for a weber inclusion.

Yes as a Leaf fan I revel in the habs spiral... been hearing about their greatness for 30 plus years now. I realize us Leafs haven't won a thing... but I sure like our direction over theirs 100 times out of 100.

member 256847

I can't speak for all games, but the Habs threw a lot of garbage at the net last night and broke down a fair bit defensively. If that's common, it could explain the low PDO.

First period was a great example, 16 shots and only 1 dangerous chance (which didn't end up in a shot). Leafs had 2-3 good chances on the 6 shots they were credited with.

Season story so far.

DMR

Apr 29, 2010
Wait so you're bragging about your team never winning a cup in any of those exciting seasons yet are criticizing Leafs rookies for not making it past the best team in the east last year? There's lots of room on our bandwagon. You don't have to be bitter and miserable!

The best team in the east last year was the one representing it in the Final. Obviously that’s not Washington.

Reactions: schnapshot

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Bergevin should be terminated. His moves make no sense to me.

It was all down hill after the PK trade and that's not a knock on Weber.

Also, Drouin was a very good top-6 winger whose been put into a huge role as a #1C, probably prematurely. You can always find young talent that catches fire and scores up front (look at Vegas and their lack of superstar fire power). Subban & Sergachev are a strong foundation for a team, he screwed up a good thing.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I've been saying for years that Bergevin was our JFJ.

Totally and utterly inept, and he's got Burke's pompous ass truculence/belligerent attitude to go with it.

He's the total package of idiocy.

Isn't it brutally obvious that it's a kids league nowadays ? I cant think of too many other GMs who traded their young studs (Subban, Sergachev) for older guys this many times recently. It's so easy to do and neither trade was even an attempt at filling the center hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad