Montreal is the worst team in the league.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Come back to me when you get past the second round bud. Until then you guys just look like a bunch that’s seen too much losing in too many years... Pathetic :laugh:
lol get used to losing, from what I seen tonight from them it was supposed to be a comeback game for them losing to Arizona, they started good but they just cant compete with skill it was brutal how outclassed they looked tonight!

New Leaf

Oct 16, 2008
Montreal's PDO was .975 before tonight's game and it'll be even lower now. There's going to be a bounce back for them. What remains to be seen is if there's going to be a panic move before that happens.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The habs have had 3 top 10 picks in the past 13 drafts... anyone who is coming them to the leafs who've had 3 in the past 4 years doesn't realize that our time was bound to come lol. EVERY single cup winning team since 2010 has had at least 4 or more drafted top 10 players in their lineup. Yeah the leafs have a better team than the habs, but its not because of good trades or smart development through the system, it's because they were lucky enough to suck long enough to draft amazing players. Good for them, Im happy for them. But to actually compare the 2 situations is nonsense.

I beg to differ. Nylander, Rielly, Kadri, Gardiner, Hyman, Brown, Carrick, and Bozak all developed with the Marlies at one point in their careers and now play key roles for the Leafs.

The trade for Andersen to solidify the Leafs goaltending by getting a #1 goalie after a decade was huge.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Montreal's PDO was .975 before tonight's game and it'll be even lower now. There's going to be a bounce back for them. What remains to be seen is if there's going to be a panic move before that happens.
all PDO means is poor shooters and poor defense/goaltending. Its not going to revert to the mean

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Come back to me when you get past the second round bud. Until then you guys just look like a bunch that’s seen too much losing in too many years... Pathetic :laugh:
Good news for you is you don't have to worry about getting past the 2nd round for a long long time now. Enjoy seeing losing for the next decade and I hope you enjoy every last second of it :popcorn:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
It's time to blow it up. I mean they suck anyway and have a shit prospect pool. It can't get any worse. Fire bargain bin and bring in someone who can flip Weber, Alzner, and Least for picks and prospects. Unfortunately Jesus Christ himself couldn't move that Price contract, but you do what you can.

Oh ya, and get rid of that ridiculous everyone must be bilingual rule. I can't believe the stupidity of that.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
So funny reading the Leafs fans circle jerking here. You haven’t won the cup yet...
Watching the permanently smug Montreal franchise implode is like Christmas morning and the last day of school all rolled up into one for Leaf fans. Seeing them desperately trading future stars for mediocre french canadian players to "fix" the problem is hilarious. In fact, this whole thing is priceless. Tee hee, see what I did there?

InAllOurLeafsCommand

Apr 9, 2017
That effort from Montreal last night was pitiful, just outclassed by the Leafs from top to bottom. Good luck blowing up that franchise with those Weber/Price boat anchors, Bergevin has successfully ruined the Habs for the next decade.

Reactions: MisterNoItAll

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Painful to watch last night. And yes, with a couple of huge contracts rebuilding will be difficult. Any way they can get Markov out of his KHL contract to provide leadership? This is Montreal. This sort of embarrassing effort is not acceptable.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I can't speak for all games, but the Habs threw a lot of garbage at the net last night and broke down a fair bit defensively. If that's common, it could explain the low PDO.

First period was a great example, 16 shots and only 1 dangerous chance (which didn't end up in a shot). Leafs had 2-3 good chances on the 6 shots they were credited with.

Reactions: TDK88

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
We have Price. It's reasonable to expect our PDO will get better.
Well, Price hasn't exactly been a hart contender the games he has played this season. I would hope for him to be mediocre this season if I were you, at least that would bring in some much needed exciting prospects in the draft. Let him start carrying you again when his massive contract kicks in

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Well, Price hasn't exactly been a hart contender the games he has played this season. I would hope for him to be mediocre this season if I were you, at least that would bring in some much needed exciting prospects in the draft. Let him start carrying you again when his massive contract kicks in
The problem is, the prospects aren't developed properly. Just look at Sergachev. A "bust" an traded away after one year with the club.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Timelines are never predictable, especially now with the new lottery. A good draft or two and things can turnaround quickly.
The thing they have against them is they can't go out and get the best management group like Toronto did. That was a big reason for the fast turnaround. They have a really bad GM calling the shots right now.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The thing they have against them is they can't go out and get the best management group like Toronto did. That was a big reason for the fast turnaround. They have a really bad GM calling the shots right now.
I figure he won't last much longer and a lot of the groundwork for the Leafs was laid over different regimes.

I'm not saying the Habs are destined to be a powerhouse in the near future, but how timelines are always tough to judge. Too many variables.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I figure he won't last much longer and a lot of the groundwork for the Leafs was laid over different regimes.

I'm not saying the Habs are destined to be a powerhouse in the near future, but how timelines are always tough to judge. Too many variables.
I think the fact everyone needs to speak French hurts the chances of getting a top notch management group.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
If it wasn't for Price the last few years this team would have been a bottom feeder

Price has been garbage all year and now injured... montreal is a bottom feeder

The on ice product is absolute trash. Fire everyone and blow it up

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia