Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah I saw the report, too, from PWI's Mike Johnson. Apparently WWE doctors won't allow Paige to return to a physical role, and further testing from the injury she suffered at the house show came back worse than expected. Apparently her situation is similar to Edge's condition that forced him to retire.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sasha is probably going to get lit up now by the fans... (Well, those that know)

I'm not a HUGE Paige fan, but i do enjoy her work and found her pretty good. She's so young and her career is over by such an irresponsible kick. There was zero excuse for Sasha to use that kind of force to the back of the neck, zero. I know people will swoop in and defend her, but it was a f***ing bullshit move and she should have known better.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Sasha is probably going to get lit up now by the fans... (Well, those that know)

I'm not a HUGE Paige fan, but i do enjoy her work and found her pretty good. She's so young and her career is over by such an irresponsible kick. There was zero excuse for Sasha to use that kind of force to the back of the neck, zero. I know people will swoop in and defend her, but it was a ****ing bull**** move and she should have known better.

Did you even bother to watch the footage? Paige landed how she was supposed to, forearm first, literally if it wasn't sasha it would have been someone else doing a power move on paige and with the same outcome, if not worse.

The doctors were apparently against her even coming back to begin with but she went against their word and wrestled anyway and this was the outcome.

Blaming sasha for a freak accident ticking time bomb is dumb.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought Sasha's kick was unnecessarily stiff/violent, but I don't think she's the sole cause of Paige's career potentially being over. This is years of accumulated bumps and injuries.

And remember, she may "only" be 25, but she has 13 years of wrestling experience. For comparison's sake, 28 year old Bayley has 10 years of wrestling experience while being 3 years older.

She's had a ton of matches over her career, and while it may suck that she could be retiring at 25, it isn't surprising.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did you even bother to watch the footage? Paige landed how she was supposed to, forearm first, literally if it wasn't sasha it would have been someone else doing a power move on paige and with the same outcome, if not worse.

The doctors were apparently against her even coming back to begin with but she went against their word and wrestled anyway and this was the outcome.

Blaming sasha for a freak accident ticking time bomb is dumb.
I have watched it, and here's Bayley's kick, and Sasha's... look at the difference. Sasha absolutely belts her in the back as opposed to pushing off like Bayley. She should know not to kick her so hard, it's called professionalism. I wouldn't call it a freak accident. She kicked her hard... Freak accident is Joe injuring Tyson Kidd.

Here's Bayley doing it a night or two before...

giphy.gif

Here's Sasha... If you can't see that it's much, much harder I don't know what to say.
b6jlibt1ep601.gif

Again, not saying that she tried to injure her or that she did it on purpose, but she used a LOT of force in that kick. It's something you simply don't do when someone isn't facing you. You learn that right away in training. Again, not saying that she's the direct reason her career is likely over, but Christ, it's just not cool to kick someone like that, especially in the spine.

Sasha has a history of doing stupid things. It's not the first, nor will it be the last, unfortunately.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
While Sasha may have had unnecessary force behind her kick, if that’s what it took to end Paige’s career she should have never been cleared to begin with.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have watched it, and here's Bayley's kick, and Sasha's... look at the difference. Sasha absolutely belts her in the back as opposed to pushing off like Bayley. She should know not to kick her so hard, it's called professionalism. I wouldn't call it a freak accident. She kicked her hard... Freak accident is Joe injuring Tyson Kidd.

Here's Bayley doing it a night or two before...

giphy.gif

Here's Sasha... If you can't see that it's much, much harder I don't know what to say.
b6jlibt1ep601.gif

Again, not saying that she tried to injure her or that she did it on purpose, but she used a LOT of force in that kick. It's something you simply don't do when someone isn't facing you. You learn that right away in training. Again, not saying that she's the direct reason her career is likely over, but Christ, it's just not cool to kick someone like that, especially in the spine.

Sasha has a history of doing stupid things. It's not the first, nor will it be the last, unfortunately.

What is this history of doing stupid things to which you're referring to?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
What is this history of doing stupid things to which you're referring to?
I would say that her petty bullshit with Alexa for one. She stiffed her numerous times in NXT, and even on the main roster. I've watched some situations where she legit boots and punches Alexa. I remember their feud on RAW, there was a spot where Alexa was to scramble to the outside of the ring, and Sasha legit booted her in the back.

Before that there was a situation on SD where the RAW divas were in the ring, and the rest of the SD roster came out, Alexa jumped on the apron and Sasha legit punched her in the face.

She does petty shit.

Again, not saying that she meant to injure Paige, but she does do dumb shit at times and goes a little hard.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
While Sasha may have had unnecessary force behind her kick, if that’s what it took to end Paige’s career she should have never been cleared to begin with.
And i don't disagree with that at all, but you simply have to be safer if you're Sasha in that situation.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
if you that was malicious by sasha in any way shape or form, you're clearly watching the wrong sport.

that was a stiff kick at best and if thats all it took to force paige in retirement, she shouldn't have been in that ring to begin with.

AKA NOT SASHA'S FAULT.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
if you that was malicious by sasha in any way shape or form, you're clearly watching the wrong sport.

that was a stiff kick at best and if thats all it took to force paige in retirement, she shouldn't have been in that ring to begin with.

AKA NOT SASHA'S FAULT.
You don't see the difference in the two clips? Look at the whiplash generated from Sasha's kick compared to literally no whiplash at all from Bayley's kick.

Again, not saying Sasha ended Paige's career but she certainly does not need to be reckless like that. Paige's back is turned to Sasha, she is supposed to have 100% trust in whatever Sasha is going to do. Sasha gave her and other women a reason to be skeptical and not trust her in those situations.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

AKA NOT SASHA'S FAULT.
I get that, and i understand that. That said, a car could have 150,000 km's on it and could die tomorrow... or in 10 years time. It doesn't mean i should hit the engine with a sledgehammer. Sasha stiffed her in the back when she wasn't expecting it. (Well, she was expecting it, but not that hard, obviously)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You don't see the difference in the two clips? Look at the whiplash generated from Sasha's kick compared to literally no whiplash at all from Bayley's kick.

Again, not saying Sasha ended Paige's career but she certainly does not need to be reckless like that. Paige's back is turned to Sasha, she is supposed to have 100% trust in whatever Sasha is going to do. Sasha gave her and other women a reason to be skeptical and not trust her in those situations.
Bayley did it properly where you push off and bend your knees in. Sasha full on double-boots her in the back. I understand that there are some Sasha fans in here, and i quite enjoy her ring work, but she in no way should have kicked Paige the way she did. It was f***ing stupid, and it's just as stupid when people defend it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would say that her petty bull**** with Alexa for one. She stiffed her numerous times in NXT, and even on the main roster. I've watched some situations where she legit boots and punches Alexa. I remember their feud on RAW, there was a spot where Alexa was to scramble to the outside of the ring, and Sasha legit booted her in the back.

Before that there was a situation on SD where the RAW divas were in the ring, and the rest of the SD roster came out, Alexa jumped on the apron and Sasha legit punched her in the face.

She does petty ****.

Again, not saying that she meant to injure Paige, but she does do dumb **** at times and goes a little hard.

I'm having a hard time believing this stuff. If Sasha was legitimately doing this stuff, she would have been let go.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm having a hard time believing this stuff. If Sasha was legitimately doing this stuff, she would have been let go.
I don’t care if you don’t believe it. She’s shown it time and time again that she’s a bit of a twat. It sucks because she’s a good worker, but she’s shown that she’s a bit of a an egotistical idiot with Bliss.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I hope this doesn't lead to a downward spiral for her. She must be devastated. Hopefully she can stay with the E in some other role.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don’t care if you don’t believe it. She’s shown it time and time again that she’s a bit of a ****. It sucks because she’s a good worker, but she’s shown that she’s a bit of a an egotistical idiot with Bliss.

I know you don't care because this kind of talk seems a lot more like confirmation bias on your part than an actual reflection of reality. You have it in your head that she's this way and you think this stuff supports it so you say it does with no actual verification that the evidence supports it. You believe this stuff because you want to believe it not because there's actually any truth to it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Paige wanted to work Sasha on her return because she felt she was the safest and most professional.

It's not terribly unlike Danielson's concussions, except there's more of a science to this. Paige was out for a year and a half, gets hurt within 3 months of returning. Thus, now they won't clear her.

Disappointing and devastating, but clearly they felt her back was a ticking timebomb and if it wasn't this, it would be something else, and probably soon.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I know you don't care because this kind of talk seems a lot more like confirmation bias on your part than an actual reflection of reality. You have it in your head that she's this way and you think this stuff supports it so you say it does with no actual verification that the evidence supports it. You believe this stuff because you want to believe it not because there's actually any truth to it.
I’m not the only one who thinks this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad