Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's hard to tell without all the information. He very well could look better, but he also could look worse

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
8-10pm on Network TV? Hello PG era forever!
I don't know if Fox would want pure PG going from UFC to WWE. What is interesting is Fox potentially looking at buying WWE to avoid losing TV rights which is what they wanted to do with UFC before the value ballooned up.

Smackdown also being on FS1 would secure them as the B-show for one, and I think wouldn't be the best thing for them while Raw is on the main network. WWE on Fox in general just seems like it'd be weird, but I don't know. We bitch about three hours but WWE will have a lot of problems getting that roster in a two hour setting considering they specifically grew Raw's roster at the draft because of the 3 hour slot.

As for Undertaker, I have no interest in ever seeing him again if it's not for the HOF. He's old, he's slow, he can't work anymore. Every year I have to hear about how much better he's looking only for him to stink up the joint. His last great Wrestlemania match was against CM Punk, and his last great match was against Brock Lesnar in the Cell. Since then he's tailed off significantly. It's kind of sad to see considering his in-ring work was getting better with age and then he drastically fell off.

Cena/Taker is also about 5 years too late.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
will always be happy to see the undertaker, but the whole thing died when he lost to Brock. its useless to have him in the card with nothing on the line (by that i mean the streak. please no titles)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I didn't mind Taker losing to Brock at 30. They should've had a rematch for that at 31 where Taker loses again and retires because of it. And they should've set up 31 to have Reigns win the title at the Rumble instead of being in the match itself and they should've had DB win the Rumble and challenge Reigns but ultimately lose. Of course, that would've been a heel Reigns but you know whatevs.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
We ***** about three hours but WWE will have a lot of problems getting that roster in a two hour setting considering they specifically grew Raw's roster at the draft because of the 3 hour slot.

The biggest problem WWE have is that everyone is over exposed. You don't even want to have everyone on TV every week, so I can't call not being able to fit everyone on TV a problem in the slightest.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The biggest problem WWE have is that everyone is over exposed. You don't even want to have everyone on TV every week, so I can't call not being able to fit everyone on TV a problem in the slightest.
Maybe so, but the report also says that Fox would look to have more programming from WWE to fill UFC's slot. You just know WWE would turn that into a third brand or something and give us an extra two hours of content a week.

Although, on the bright side, it does cut down on seeing Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, The Bar, Miz, etc. in about 2-3 different segments every week and Smackdown shows still fly by even when they're bad, so that's a plus.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undertaker retires every year and then decides he isn’t. The checks he gets cut from Vince are nice too.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
True but then why bother with the whole symbolism of leaving his gloves, coat, hat, etc. in the ring.

Granted I haven't watched wrestling since the Attitude Era but, still....

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
True but then why bother with the whole symbolism of leaving his gloves, coat, hat, etc. in the ring.

Granted I haven't watched wrestling since the Attitude Era but, still....
Like we've said, Undertaker retires every year. He just comes back.

The difference last time was that he was getting a hip replacement, so looked to be really done.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They should move to 2 hours and then if Fox wants more programming, just make NXT the show that gets aired live. Raw would benefit greatly from being lessened to 2 hours. Keep some faces off tv for a week, keep feuds fresh.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Reby posted a picture of Matt in full Broken gear at their compound ring and said it was a "big day"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There was a report out that if someone offered ridiculous money, similar to UFC’s sale, that he may do it.

I would hope Fox does it just to get Vince out. Chances are that without someone like Vince running it and they go all WCW on who they get to run the show that it tanks hard enough for them to cancel it. Then wrestling can pretty much start fresh and rebuild competition rather than having the monopoly environment that it is currently. At least a more level playing field.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Apparently the mixed-match challenge thing is for charity and each team represents a different one with the winning team winning 100 grand for their charity.

But the matches are pre-determined? Does that seem kinda sketch to anyone else? Like Bliss/Strowman are representing Connor's Cure which is the WWE created charity.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
PWI is reporting Paige wont be cleared to return to to the ring and her in-ring career is done

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Apparently the mixed-match challenge thing is for charity and each team represents a different one with the winning team winning 100 grand for their charity.

But the matches are pre-determined? Does that seem kinda sketch to anyone else? Like Bliss/Strowman are representing Connor's Cure which is the WWE created charity.

I hope the Human Fund charity wins!

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
also Alvarez* says the MMC is Ryan Ward's baby and will probably appeal to the "NXT is better" crowd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad