Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The bucklebomb ended Sting's career.

What about Joe ending Kidd's career? Are we going to blame him for a freak accident? It was an accident. Sasha works everyone like that. Like I said 3 times now, and others have said, Paige shouldn't have been cleared if her neck was in such bad condition.

We all know you don't like Sasha at all, but blaming her for this is just wrong.
Sasha can control how hard she kicks someone in the back. Kicking someone like that was stupid, especially when their back was turned. I’ll always say that.

Joe injuring Kidd was a “Freak accident” - A kick to the back as stiff as it was is not a freak accident, especially when you consider Paige’s history. I’d say the same if someone hit Bryan unnecessarily hard in the head. If someone has a concussion history, do you belt them in the head?

I’m not claiming that Sasha is to blame for Paige’s career being over, but she should be smarter in how hard she delivers that kick especially when you see how Bayley did it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Sasha isn’t totally to blame but she’s not totally blameless either. She was reckless with that move. Of course the doctors clearing Paige take some heat as well.

This isn’t a black or white thing.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I disagree but understand where you're coming from.

The Bucklebomb was executed correctly. I assume the Muscle Buster was as well. The Sasha kick, in my opinion, was not executed as safely as it should be and while the result isn't really on her we shouldn't act like it was the same with the Bucklebomb.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I disagree but understand where you're coming from.

The Bucklebomb was executed correctly. I assume the Muscle Buster was as well. The Sasha kick, in my opinion, was not executed as safely as it should be and while the result isn't really on her we shouldn't act like it was the same with the Bucklebomb.
They're all freak accidents, imo. Sasha was unnecessarily rough with it, but she executes it like that to anyone. She probably should have had the wherewithal to realize that it is Paige and her recent injury, but you also assume she's healthy enough to take it (even with Sasha's added force) if she's in there. Whether she hit her in the wrong spot, it was the force of it itself, or it was just the "breaking point" that did it for Paige (which would have come eventually), who knows.

I don't say Sasha is blameless, but pitting the whole thing on her is wrong.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Sasha is fully to blame, or even mostly to blame, since Paige was a ticking time bomb. Sasha does kick like that often.

That said, if I'm management, I'm not telling her to ease up on the kicks fully but I am telling her to ease up on that one specific spot if she's ever doing it with another woman. I just personally don't like it. There's so much possibility of whiplash because the opponent is turned away from you. By all means go stiff if the opponent is turned towards you, but if turned away I don't like seeing that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Sasha is fully to blame, or even mostly to blame, since Paige was a ticking time bomb. Sasha does kick like that often.

That said, if I'm management, I'm not telling her to ease up on the kicks fully but I am telling her to ease up on that one specific spot if she's ever doing it with another woman. I just personally don't like it. There's so much possibility of whiplash because the opponent is turned away from you. By all means go stiff if the opponent is turned towards you, but if turned away I don't like seeing that.

I think that's a fair way to handle it, but you have to be careful with stuff like that because you can still hurt yourself

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don't like Sasha Banks, TBH. I've just heard too much stuff about her treatment of others.

But anyone blaming her for the end of Paige's career is an idiot. A degenerative spinal condition can literally be triggered by almost anything. Edge has said a minor fender bender could put him in a wheelchair for life. No, I don't think she kicked Paige considerable harder than anything else I've seen, but it really doesn't matter as almost any bump could have triggered this eventually. And possibly done worse. I'm glad Paige knows the facts and can move on to a healthy life.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Okay so I think we all generally agree.

Sasha isn't REALLY to blame but she was being somewhat unsafe. Let's move on.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Roman Reigns was reportedly named as a customer (along with Mark Wahlberg among others) of steroid distributor, Richard Rodriguez.

There's a video with a phone call of Rodriguez himself naming Roman Reigns, but with this not even being mainstream news (although, there is news of his arrest from earlier in 2017 for it) so it's still suspect at this point.

FOX could also offer WWE up to $400-million per year for the broadcasting rights, which is more than they offered UFC. They offered UFC a shade over $200-million, and any FOX-WWE deal is contingent on what happens with the UFC. UFC reportedly is seeking $450-million from FOX.

Last edited:

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Roman Reigns was reportedly named as a customer (along with Mark Wahlberg among others) of steroid distributor, Richard Rodriguez.

There's a video with a phone call of Rodriguez himself naming Roman Reigns, but with this not even being mainstream news (although, there is news of his arrest from earlier in 2017 for it) so it's still suspect at this point.

FOX could also offer WWE up to $400-million per year for the broadcasting rights, which is more than they offered UFC. They offered UFC a shade over $200-million, and any FOX-WWE deal is contingent on what happens with the UFC. UFC reportedly is seeking $450-million from FOX.

This would almost certainly also entail FOX retaining some type of creative rights? If not rights, some kind of veto power? That's a massive deal.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I'm not so mad about Reigns, but f*** Wahlberg. :laugh: That guy posted this huge article about eating healthy and how it's been great to his life. If you are roiding up, just admit it. Don't take part in tons of men's health articles about eating right and feeling better.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not so mad about Reigns, but **** Wahlberg. :laugh: That guy posted this huge article about eating healthy and how it's been great to his life. If you are roiding up, just admit it. Don't take part in tons of men's health articles about eating right and feeling better.
Honestly, I listened to a bit of the interview. Him mentioning Roman was really random and out of nowhere. It's still way too early to say anything in that regard but I guess time will tell.

As for Wahlberg and pretty much any actor, I'm confident the majority of them are on stuff when they get certain roles that call for it. It's not like they get tested or anything. They have all the money at their disposal to get the best stuff along with the best trainers and diets to go along with the gear. It's really not surprising.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bobby Lashley finished with Impact last night.

It was reported about a month ago, that WWE wanted to bring back both EC3 and Lashley

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I get it. I might have felt differently if they didn't bring him back at the end of 2016 and into 2017 as well. That run was just unnecessary.

Oh I definitely agree, but my hate for the booking of Goldberg runs deep. There is nothing more that pisses me off than lazy part timers who look like gold at the expense of people who sell tickets 24/7. I understand the Lesnar thing. I get it. He's a special breed. Goldberg coming back to make him look like a hero to his son... f*** that. I hated it. I hated his matches. I hated it so much. :laugh:

Reactions: Loosie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad