Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Paige wanted to work Sasha on her return because she felt she was the safest and most professional.

It's not terribly unlike Danielson's concussions, except there's more of a science to this. Paige was out for a year and a half, gets hurt within 3 months of returning. Thus, now they won't clear her.

Disappointing and devastating, but clearly they felt her back was a ticking timebomb and if it wasn't this, it would be something else, and probably soon.
As a Sasha Banks fan, do you think that the kick was unnecessarily hard?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As a Sasha Banks fan, do you think that the kick was unnecessarily hard?
Doesn't matter. If the move was off-limits, then it would've been made clear, and it wouldn't have happened. If she kicks too hard, they'd tell her to knock it off. If the kick was too hard, it wouldn't be the first time she delivered it and if other wrestlers weren't comfortable taking it, it would be addressed. Compare this to when Charlotte dropped Sasha on her neck at Summerslam, you saw reports everywhere of her being reprimanded. Nia Jax had a push dropped after she injured Bayley, this a few months after she almost killed Charlotte. Maybe it has been adressed, but there's never been any indication that Sasha has ever been in hot water. And we are astute wrestling fans, we can tell on TV when someone is in hot water.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Royal Rumble will have a 1 hour pre-show starting a 6pm and the main show starting at 7pm, making it a 5-hour show.

- Ticket demand is said to be at an all-time record high for the Royal Rumble this year.

Let's say 2.5 hours for both Rumbles with videos and whatnot to eat up the main card?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly the Rumble and WM have to be the easiest sells of all time. My dream was to go to a Rumble over a WrestleMania. I'll never forget when they had Raw in PIttsburgh we were there and they released it that day. Tickets went on sale after the show. My brother and I were in line and landed the tickets we wanted. Freaking incredible.

Reactions: The Gongshow

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Rumble matches are gonna be half the show forsure. Usually like an hour, the womens could be a 40-45.

Theres what 4 other matches?
AJ/SamiKO
Lesnar/Kane/Braun
Uso's/AA2.0
U.S Title
SethJJ/Bar

US title gonna be on the pre-show forsure, same with SD title. So really what 4 matches on the main card?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm an idiot and just heard/read about Paige having to retire. I don't know how I missed the discussion here. That is devastating news. :( :(

The girl just talked about going through some rough times and even contemplated suicide at one time, right? I know the WWE is not a charity, but i'd like to see Paige stick around and do something with the company just to keep her going and keep her engaged. She could fall down a dark hole with how the last couple years have gone.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I have to say if that Sasha kick ended Paige’s career most likely Paige’s career was ending soon anyway and something was going to happen.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm an idiot and just heard/read about Paige having to retire. I don't know how I missed the discussion here. That is devastating news. :( :(

The girl just talked about going through some rough times and even contemplated suicide at one time, right? I know the WWE is not a charity, but i'd like to see Paige stick around and do something with the company just to keep her going and keep her engaged. She could fall down a dark hole with how the last couple years have gone.
The report from PWInsider said management loves Paige and will put her in a non-wrestling role, and may even keep her on TV and have her coach at the PC too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am surprised they let her in the ring st all of a kick to the back was all it took.

Honestly she is lucky if that is the case. She was going to reinjure it no matter what if a kick could do it, and it could have been a lot worse.

A bad bump to the outside or something and you don’t even want to think about it

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
She can still have a vital role. She can play the deranged leader of Absolution and try to recruit more females to her group to try and take over the women's division. Usually that requires a pay off with Paige wrestling later on but that clearly won't be possible, so they'd need to get creative.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Again, I just don’t see how Sasha gets a free pass for booting someone in the spine the way she did.

I know there are Sasha marks in here but that kick was bullshit.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not sure I understand the idea of people calling out Sasha as if that move was so bad especially when they show you the spot was being done again and again and again. Blaming Sasha is silly. It's a dangerous sport and she had a history. That shit is not on purpose. Some parts of wrestling are stiff.

That's a cop out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Again, I just don’t see how Sasha gets a free pass for booting someone in the spine the way she did.

I know there are Sasha marks in here but that kick was bull****.

Because there isn’t any evidence that what happened was egregious, you just want it to be because you don’t like her. Joe almost killed Tyson Kidd, they didn’t stop doing the move nor was there heat.

the problem is Sasha knew of Paiges injury history and still kicked her like that, like really........

Then they don’t do the spot at all. Otherwise you get into a situation where someone else gets hurt because they’re doing something other than the way they were trained

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It had been done recently, without injury, because of the way the move was executed.
The way Sasha executed the move resulted in a fragile Paige getting injured.
Is Sasha to blame? Maybe. Would her execution of the move have injured a fully healthy Paige? If not, then we can't really blame Sasha. Paige shouldn't have been in there if she was right on the edge of breaking.
I feel bad for Paige, with all she's been through, but this wasn't the injury that ended her career -- that injury happened a little while back, and this just finished her.
So sad.
I hope she can be strong, get the support she'll need, and not go to dark places.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I can side with both camps. I think the kick was definitely very stiff and not how you pull off that spot. I also realize that Paige was likely a ticking time bomb waiting for injury.

Basically I think Sasha f***ed up but it was inevitable that Paige would have her career ended.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I can side with both camps. I think the kick was definitely very stiff and not how you pull off that spot. I also realize that Paige was likely a ticking time bomb waiting for injury.

Basically I think Sasha ****ed up but it was inevitable that Paige would have her career ended.

Don’t bring this logic in here.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If we're blaming Sasha for Paige's career ending, are we going to blame Seth for ending Sting's career with the bucklebomb (which has since been retired)?

I stand by the notion that, while Sasha may have had a little more momentum behind her kick (she literally kicks everyone like that, though), Paige should have NEVER been cleared if her neck was going to give out like that that easily.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If we're blaming Sasha for Paige's career ending, are we going to blame Seth for ending Sting's career with the bucklebomb (which has since been retired)?

I stand by the notion that, while Sasha may have had a little more momentum behind her kick (she literally kicks everyone like that, though), Paige should have NEVER been cleared if her neck was going to give out like that that easily.
Sting is like 96 years old.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sting is like 96 years old.
The bucklebomb ended Sting's career.

What about Joe ending Kidd's career? Are we going to blame him for a freak accident? It was an accident. Sasha works everyone like that. Like I said 3 times now, and others have said, Paige shouldn't have been cleared if her neck was in such bad condition.

We all know you don't like Sasha at all, but blaming her for this is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad