Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So we are two weeks out from Scorpio or X. I looked at my Amazon order and it says TBA to deliver. When do they usually get these things to you on release dates. Mine was also marked 2 day prime, so I changed it to 1 day for $11.99

Going to bump my own question. Anyone experienced with ordering launch day products with Amazon, the rep I spoke to was useless. "it's sold out, and we don't have it yet..."

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It worked, I'm sorry :( lol. I'm going to try it out tonight. I would think they are giving out codes for this when you buy the new one so If I end up doing so I will send you one.

I could be wrong, but unfortunately I believe that promotion was pre-order and limited supply around launch.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So is anyone splurging on a One X??

I've been planning to buy a second Xbox for awhile now, and almost bought an S 2 months ago, but decided to wait. Didn't pre order though, so hopefully I can get my hands on one at launch!

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So is anyone splurging on a One X??

I've been planning to buy a second Xbox for awhile now, and almost bought an S 2 months ago, but decided to wait. Didn't pre order though, so hopefully I can get my hands on one at launch!

Pretty sure you will be able to nab a regular X no problem. Someone told me Best Buy didn't allow pre orders on Scorpio and they will be handing out tickets for launch.

Amazon updated shipping, will have my on the 7th.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Whats funny is its one of the fastest selling Xbox's but they should be readily available (at least on launch day) so either they ramped up production and made a ton to fit demand unlike other companies or people are just timid of it and are waiting before they sink the money into it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
It's just the Scorpio edition you won't be able to get retail.
That's what it sounds like, I heard some bestbuys are even handing out tickets on launch day for chance to get a Scorpio. I really don't care.. I just want the system itself.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Whats funny is its one of the fastest selling Xbox's but they should be readily available (at least on launch day) so either they ramped up production and made a ton to fit demand unlike other companies or people are just timid of it and are waiting before they sink the money into it.

I don't think they pre-sold many. They sold out of Scorpio's but there wasn't a large amount of them. Some Gamestops got like 6 of them. Microsoft refuses to release sales numbers.

#1 you won't be playing any games day 1 on it that you can't play on the One, they will just look better
#2 You don't need it really unless you have a 4K display.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't think they pre-sold many. They sold out of Scorpio's but there wasn't a large amount of them. Some Gamestops got like 6 of them. Microsoft refuses to release sales numbers.

#1 you won't be playing any games day 1 on it that you can't play on the One, they will just look better
To your #1 duh. The only thing it does is make current compatible games look better on 4k, load faster and sometimes have better framerate. There arent currently any plans for xbox one x exclusives. Kind of a moot point.

Your #2 is true.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008

I'm not sure #2 is quite true.

Some results are showing a drastic improvement in load times as well as higher frame rates in certain games. That's worth it to some people.

On the other hand, even if you have a 4K, I'm not sure you necessarily need a One X. 4K is beautiful, but not a huge change from couch distance IMO.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I'm not sure #2 is quite true.

Some results are showing a drastic improvement in load times as well as higher frame rates in certain games. That's worth it to some people.

On the other hand, even if you have a 4K, I'm not sure you necessarily need a One X. 4K is beautiful, but not a huge change from couch distance IMO.

I did read some games will run 1080P at 60FPS rather than 4k but if you're spending the money you should really have the display or plan on it. Heck, Spencer said many times it's for 4K. Couch distance depends on size of display. If you're 10 feet with a 32 inch why bother. I'm about 8 with a 65 inch, it is a dramatic difference with 4k.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I did read some games will run 1080P at 60FPS rather than 4k but if you're spending the money you should really have the display or plan on it. Heck, Spencer said many times it's for 4K. Couch distance depends on size of display. If you're 10 feet with a 32 inch why bother. I'm about 8 with a 65 inch, it is a dramatic difference with 4k.

I'm about 10 feet away with a 60 incher, and while there is a difference, I haven't found the difference between 1080p upscaled vs native 4K in gaming to really be worth it. Of course, I don't have HDR, which can really change a picture.

Noticeable sure, but twice the price of a One S?

Now consider enhanced graphics and maybe 60 FPS and you've got me interested. :laugh:

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I'm about 10 feet away with a 60 incher, and while there is a difference, I haven't found the difference between 1080p upscaled vs native 4K in gaming to really be worth it. Of course, I don't have HDR, which can really change a picture.

Noticeable sure, but twice the price of a One S?

Now consider enhanced graphics and maybe 60 FPS and you've got me interested. :laugh:

Well if you're in the market for one than maybe you want to future proof your purchase but if you can wait I'm sure the X will drop in a year. My day One is getting slow so I've been waiting for this.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Anyone else in Canada pre-order from Amazon? Mine says arriving tomorrow, but it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Microsoft Studios GM says they acknowledge the call for more XB1 exclusives, although that doesn’t mean they’re going to make games that aren’t also available on PC. Says they are currently making some unannocued games, though they don’t say if they’re AAA or not.

Now, I don’t necessarily agree they need to make strong exclusives like Sony does. Nintendo needs them to move units because the platform doesn’t have as much appeal from a general perspective as Sony or Microsoft’s offering, but we know multi platform games like Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty sell the best, and even thought XB1 lacks exclusives demand has been very strong for the XB1X. But at the same time, a minorities opinion can affect a company pretty significantly.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Well if you're in the market for one than maybe you want to future proof your purchase but if you can wait I'm sure the X will drop in a year. My day One is getting slow so I've been waiting for this.

I too am running the OG One.

Honestly, I just like new tech. It's a slight problem. :laugh:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Anyone else in Canada pre-order from Amazon? Mine says arriving tomorrow, but it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Mine says shipped and arriving on the 7th. Says it was shipped on the 5th.

As far as exclusives... The question really is are the games you want to play and do play on the One or X. For me they all are. Gears and Halo cannot go without. I do not play RPG's. The rest of the games I like are available on both systems. I like Forza too.

Speaking of Exclusives for consoles, Player Unknown Battleground is set for 12/12/17 release on Xbox

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad