Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
its almost definitely a demo. Microsoft has a habit of not labeling demos as demos on the store.

Edit: i looked into this, its a f2p remix of forza 6. So it is in fact the full version, but its not the same as the console version.
Got to play it last night. Great single player game so far but unfortunately theres no online offered.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Played that free with gold game, Gone Home, last. What a crappy, crappy game. I thought it was a ghost mystery and it's not that at all. It's an hour long and I can't believe people were happy paying $20 for that steaming pile.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Not sure if everyone is aware of the game share feature on Xbox one, but if you have a trusted friend you can access all their games and vice versa.

Just did it and am downloading Forza 7 for free. It's pretty sweet.

Yeah my friend explained it to me,,,,, you have to make your Xbox not the main one or something. It was kinda of confusing, I might give my Day One to my father and he won't go online. If I just put the games I have that I think he will play on the main HD, Forza being one he can just play them off line, right?

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Yeah my friend explained it to me,,,,, you have to make your Xbox not the main one or something. It was kinda of confusing, I might give my Day One to my father and he won't go online. If I just put the games I have that I think he will play on the main HD, Forza being one he can just play them off line, right?
All you need to do is login as the profile you want to share with. Then you make that console a home console in settings while logged in. You will have access to every downloaded game, Ea access shares as well. I imagine your father will need to have an internet connection and Xbox live gold account, but that's just a guess. You could try creating a profile on your day one, gamesharing with it and going offline to see if it still works.

It's actually a really simple process (3 minutes) and I believe you can share to 5 different Xboxes a year, though only 1 at a time.

Edit: Or simpler, you can just install every game you think he'd want on the hd and he can just use your profile offline.

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yeah he's going to be offline so that's what I'm going to do. As long as games don't routinely require updates..
As long as he's signed in to your account it will work, the game share feature is pretty simple though and I'd recommend it, it will save you the hassle of randomly getting logged out if he's playing on your account. Plus, he won't have to get Live, he can leech off yours so it doesn't matter if he's online or not.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah all in my opinion but this update is the worst home version and to me it feels way laggier then any Xbox dashboard ever

At least I use pins more now though :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah all in my opinion but this update is the worst home version and to me it feels way laggier then any Xbox dashboard ever

At least I use pins more now though :laugh:

For me it's been much smoother than before. A couple of my gaming friends who've been very critical of the dashboard's previous versions have been pleased for the first time with it. Took a while to find everything but it's easier to find things via the Guide now.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
For me it's been much smoother than before. A couple of my gaming friends who've been very critical of the dashboard's previous versions have been pleased for the first time with it. Took a while to find everything but it's easier to find things via the Guide now.

I expected it to run the same or like they said faster (even though I disagreed with almost everything else). But for me it’s laggy (usually when I want to see something that’s far down and I spam the dpad down)

I hate that you need to hit an extra button just to view messages and the party and I’m sure you have to do the same to accept a invite. It’s nice that you can mute the party easier though and delete conversations fast in the messages

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
I liked the aesthetic of the first version of the dashboard better but it sure seems faster now.

Little question, I don't have cable TV so is it possible to change that ugly default background image telling me how to plug my cable everytime I open my Xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad