Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
By "niche" I mean it's an expensive product for people that are willing to pay extra for all the 4Ks and the supersamplings.

The One S is the "mainstream" Xbox if that makes sense...AKA the one most buyers should and probably will get.

Microsoft just doesn't seem as willing as Sony to shell out the cash for exclusives. Personally, I wish exclusives weren't a thing, but in the console wars it's very likely they are hurting Xbox.

I think in an ideal world, exclusives should only exist either from the console manufacturers own in house studios, or to make games that otherwise would not have been made.

I mean Bloodborne is a non-sony developed exclusive, and it probably wouldn't exist without sonys funding, and if you've played both it and dark souls 3 you can really see how a lot of the assets, lighting, and art came as a result of bloodbornes development.

I see no issue with the Uncharted and Gears type exclusives either. Though I agree it would be nice to see uncharted on PC.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
By "niche" I mean it's an expensive product for people that are willing to pay extra for all the 4Ks and the supersamplings.

The One S is the "mainstream" Xbox if that makes sense...AKA the one most buyers should and probably will get.

Microsoft just doesn't seem as willing as Sony to shell out the cash for exclusives. Personally, I wish exclusives weren't a thing, but in the console wars it's very likely they are hurting Xbox.

I get what you mean now. I took It the wrong way I guess.

Im with you 100% on wishing exclusives weren't a thing. These consoles are becoming more and more PC like anyways. Soon enough (maybe it wont be soon?) people will just start realizing they are buying a PC with a different interface than windows.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You can preorder the Xbox One X at Best Buy right now. Its not the project scorpio edition FYI. Just the normal one.

Release date: Nov 7th.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I get what you mean now. I took It the wrong way I guess.

Im with you 100% on wishing exclusives weren't a thing. These consoles are becoming more and more PC like anyways. Soon enough (maybe it wont be soon?) people will just start realizing they are buying a PC with a different interface than windows.
Consoles definitely offer less of a value proposition then they used to.

Well other than being able to get them for 250-300 bucks brand new. which if you want a pc at that price brand new you're not going to be playing many modern games.

But I think the reason they are still prevalent is because the movie, tv, and game industry demands the built in DRM. Most streaming services refuse to stream in full HD let alone 4k on PC because there just isn't adequate copy protection. So in that sense console and other set top boxes are always going to have a place.

Video games demand that too to a lesser extent. I couldn't see a lot of these ubisoft, bethesda, bungie, or other high production value AAA single player experiences being built from the ground up for PC. Typically game developed for PC trends towards games as services and online experiences because of the lack of strong DRM on the platform. I dont mind those types of games either but I do prefer single player games.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It really depends what kind of exclusives you are in to . RPG's.... Sony and I'm NOT in to them at all. Shooters. Halo, Gears I love so that makes a huge difference.

While it be okay to go with the S if you're not a hardcore game or own a 4K TV. You might want to future proof your purchase. Eventually you will probably have a 4K TV. Eventually it looks like the X will be replaced by something else. As mentioned, nobody knows when they stop producing duplicate games for the S but my guess it's when the next system comes out after the X.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I really wish Xbox would put out some more exclusives. Cuphead? Really? It doesnt interest me at all.

Its the definition of a hipster game. No thanks.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Not sure what a hipster game is but if a game with that type of production value and creativity is for hipsters than I'm a hipster. I mean it is just the megaman X controls but the hand drawn stuff looks fantastic.

When I talked about having proper exclusives cup head was what I was talking about. Thats a game that was originally just a boss rush game until microsoft stepped in and made it a full fledged game. Im perfectly okay with that being an exclusive because it wouldn't be what it is otherwise.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Meh, I hope we get a new Halo next year to optimize the X and another GOW a year after that. I'm still playing the shit out of GOW and it will being going 4K soon. They have been dropping new maps, skins and characters every month since release. Forza just lanuched along with NHL. Battlefront in over a month. Too much stuff going on at once. Really interested in Unknown and one of the other .... can't remember it from the event. I just don't have time for it all and gravitate towards games my friends also play. I decided against NBA this year, also will not get COD.

I can really see the lack of exclusives for RPG's but that's not my thing. I'll wait for a sale on Forza. Destiny is also out there, can't get in to it. How many games can you guys really play at once.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If I didnt love Halo so much I would jump ship to PS4. RPGs are my thing and they rule that department in terms of exclusives. But I love Halo.

I think I'll likely look to pick up a cheap used ps4 in the near future.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
If I didnt love Halo so much I would jump ship to PS4. RPGs are my thing and they rule that department in terms of exclusives. But I love Halo.

If that's your thing for sure. Nice thing is they have been out for a while and you should be able to find a cheap one. What would even be Xbox's best RPG

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If that's your thing for sure. Nice thing is they have been out for a while and you should be able to find a cheap one. What would even be Xbox's best RPG

As an exclusive? I have no idea. The best RPG available for Xbox One is Witcher 3, IMO, but its not an exclusive.

I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn sooooooooooooo much. It will never come to Xbox though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cuphead is the real deal for those curious. What an absolute gem. An absolute, hair pulling, **** dicking difficult gem. xD

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Kind of feel the same way about Uncharted and Playstation. It was the only reason I would ever buy a PS. Now I can add Horizon to that list.

Whats funny is last gen there were more RPG's on Xbox 360 than there were on PS3. Even some of the best JRPG's were on Xbox like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. No doubt those games would have a much larger following and probably have many sequels / add ons by now if they were on PS. It's too bad really. But I am not a JRPG fan at all really.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
As an animation fan, I've been drooling for Cuphead for years now. It is as gorgeous and grueling as promised. My brain still can't resolve the fact that it's controlling what appears to be a classic Max Fleischer cartoon. If I could beat all those Mega Man games as a kid, I gotta be able to beat this!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
As an animation fan, I've been drooling for Cuphead for years now. It is as gorgeous and grueling as promised. My brain still can't resolve the fact that it's controlling what appears to be a classic Max Fleischer cartoon. If I could beat all those Mega Man games as a kid, I gotta be able to beat this!

I thought the same thing about Mega Man 9.... Oh how wrong I was.

Reactions: Amorgus

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I really wish Xbox would put out some more exclusives. Cuphead? Really? It doesnt interest me at all.

Its the definition of a hipster game. No thanks.

I can't really comment on what's hipster or not, but it's quite a bit of fun! Really neat look to it as well. Well above my skill level but I've been muddling through.

Not one for everybody for sure, though.

It does have a pretty weird issue with the rumble on the XB1 controller though...seems to get stuck sometimes.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
I think it's weird how you can view people playing games on the Mixer channel that aren't even Xbox games like Zelda. Kind of like CBS having adds for ABC.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Last edited:

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Not sure if everyone is aware of the game share feature on Xbox one, but if you have a trusted friend you can access all their games and vice versa.

Just did it and am downloading Forza 7 for free. It's pretty sweet.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So the gamertag that i've had since like 2010 was forcefully changed to something like Vividfox21498 and I can't change it back to the original gamertag. Not only that, if I want a new gamertag of my liking i have to pay $10 to change it? WTF Microsoft!?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So the gamertag that i've had since like 2010 was forcefully changed to something like Vividfox21498 and I can't change it back to the original gamertag. Not only that, if I want a new gamertag of my liking i have to pay $10 to change it? WTF Microsoft!?

What was your gamertag? If you can’t change it back it was probably offensive if it wasn’t i would call microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->