Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So looks like the only people I'd gift it to didn't need it relative to the cost, opened it up last night and overall it just made me realize how little I needed a gaming device of that scale. I guess I need to do some benchmarking against games and see if the gaming performance is better, but until I load up games and transfer stuff over, it's just... eh. I know I'm not comparing it to anything properly since it's a pure workhorse machine. I can't help but feel like the Scorpio edition was lame, just a couple green labels on the case and controllers. And compared to my XB1S it's been the exact same thing so far until I get a game going.

Hoping this changes once I find time to play something like maybe Witcher 3 or if I get Battlefront 2. Younger me would have been so much more excited.

The Scorpio edition did not cost anymore though. :) I get what you're saying. I think the main difference is Day 1 you're not playing some new game that you really can't on your new system but oh boy does Gears and Halo look good.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Wolfenstein 2 4k 60 (with dynamic res) with settings comparable to high on PC for xbox one X, im actually impressed

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Decided to start playing Oblivion again, since it's Enhanced and holy f***. The game looks amazing. Obviously still dated, but this is the type of difference they would repackage and call "remastered". Noticeably better.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Decided to start playing Oblivion again, since it's Enhanced and holy ****. The game looks amazing. Obviously still dated, but this is the type of difference they would repackage and call "remastered". Noticeably better.

Eh I think they would do it better but some of the enhanced I’ve seen is pretty nice. Not 500 dollars worth for all the games they enhanced but still at least they tried there which is cool

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Decided to start playing Oblivion again, since it's Enhanced and holy ****. The game looks amazing. Obviously still dated, but this is the type of difference they would repackage and call "remastered". Noticeably better.
Agreed. When I saw it on the list of enhanced games I thought 'eh, why not.'... I was pleasantly surprised at how great it looked and how fast everything loaded and how fluid it ran. Probably wont have time to really get into it but I am leaving it installed because on some rainy day I may go back to it.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I got the PS4 for MLB the Show but am now wanting an XBOX for the Halo collection, rare replay, Forza, and the ability to play some 360 games like Portal 2 as well.

Luckily it's almost black Friday so I'll be able to get a good deal. Any other games I should try to add cheap? I've seen deals with the console, a game like Battlefield 1 and then 2 free new release games advertised at Microsoft store.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If you want the halo mcc for multiplayer don’t. People only play slayer now. Tried finding games 2 days ago and found nothing but slayer. Found 2 guys a couple of times in a row as well

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
If you want the halo mcc for multiplayer don’t. People only play slayer now. Tried finding games 2 days ago and found nothing but slayer. Found 2 guys a couple of times in a row as well

That game has been out for a while so I get it. Also had such a bad launch I know it turned many people off. Even when it did work I got bored quickly after the nostalgia wore off. I would get Halo 5 now if he wants to play multiplayer.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I got the PS4 for MLB the Show but am now wanting an XBOX for the Halo collection, rare replay, Forza, and the ability to play some 360 games like Portal 2 as well.

Luckily it's almost black Friday so I'll be able to get a good deal. Any other games I should try to add cheap? I've seen deals with the console, a game like Battlefield 1 and then 2 free new release games advertised at Microsoft store.

Any of the Gears of War, Skryrim (even the 360 version is good), as previously talked about - Oblivion...

Portal 2 and Rare Replay are awesome. I personally am not into Halo as much anymore but they are still good games to play with friends and 5 looks amazing on the One X.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
How are you One X'ers liking your consoles?

I recently sold my PS4, Xbox One and 3DS. I'm thinking of getting one of these bad boys, or maybe a Switch. Or maybe nothing since 99% of my gaming happens on PC these days anyway. :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I recently sold my PS4, Xbox One and 3DS. I'm thinking of getting one of these bad boys, or maybe a Switch. Or maybe nothing since 99% of my gaming happens on PC these days anyway. :laugh:

Since you have a pc there’s literally 0 reason to get a one x. I’ll say PS4

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Since you have a pc there’s literally 0 reason to get a one x. I’ll say PS4

Yeah I've thought about that. I've mainly been using consoles for a select few AAA titles because of the trade in value from physical games and for multiplayer with friends who don't play PC. Lately the multiplayer dried up and I'm playing less and less new games.

The PS4 wasn't one of the options. I just sold my PS4. :laugh:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I am loving it. I just got a new gaming PC a few months ago but it had a 1050Ti in it doesn't do 4k. Not that I game on my PC on 4K. I got a PS4 Pro and a One X for my 4k in my living room and I stopped playing my PS4 Pro... I need to go back and play that Horizon expansion though lol. I really only have a PS4 for the PS4 exclusives. I get everything multi-plat on Xbox or PC.

Anyways, it's great! I am loving it. Its super fast and I am noticing that before I notice how beautiful games look. If you have a 4K tv and want a console it's the one to have right now. My buddy has AC:O on Ps4 Pro and graphics-wise, its very close but I think the XOX has better draw-distances and textures when up close. Also, the game loads a lot faster and then theres little things like when killing a guy on the PS4 version it sometimes takes a second or two for the loot they drop to show up next to their body... it's instant on the XOX. Or when using Senu (the hawk) if you fly too far away from Bayek you will get a loading screen when you want to go back. Never seen a loading screen after using Senu on the XOX.

But yeah if your PC can handle all the new games I would say go for a Switch if you had to pick between the two.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Not even a little true. My buddy and I play Big Team, Doubles, Halo 3, Slayer, and whatever that random objective mode is at will.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not even a little true. My buddy and I play Big Team, Doubles, Halo 3, Slayer, and whatever that random objective mode is at will.

I mean I believe you but I don’t know how. Searched 10 min on other game modes. And on top of that had the same 2 guys in my matches multiple times

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah I've thought about that. I've mainly been using consoles for a select few AAA titles because of the trade in value from physical games and for multiplayer with friends who don't play PC. Lately the multiplayer dried up and I'm playing less and less new games.

The PS4 wasn't one of the options. I just sold my PS4. :laugh:

Oh I read it wrong. Yeah you might as well get a switch and then sell if you can after your done with Zelda and Mario or whatever you want to play. Pick it up later for much cheaper if there’s anything else you want

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Well my Scorpio was a disaster but I think I received a bad unit as none of my friends had similar issues. I exchanged it but when it worked, it looked great. I think the OS was messed up.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
My Scorpio has been great. It turns out I actually like the normal controller over my (now traded in) elite controller.

The elites sticks were too loose and I always had reverb while in parties. Not any more.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Thanks for the feedback. Having a tough time pulling the trigger on an XBox, went through the same thing last year. If it's a ridiculous deal I'll do it but if not I guess I'll add more PS4 games since it seems like most are available on both systems these days.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I loved the 360, but haven't played any games really in a few years now.. wanted to buy the Xbox One but the lack of games was a put off, and Halo has fallen to shit since 343 took over.

But now kind of looking around, maybe if another good deal pops up for the holidays i'll put the money down... but I would need a new tv right? 4k to take advantage of it.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
The Battlefront II thread is insanity so I figured I'd post this here. Out of curiosity, has anyone been playing BF2 on Xbox and, if so, how are the bugs/glitches? I've seen a lot of negative feedback on that front.

Just curious because I have a friend with an Xbox who was considering it and I've only had one or two very minor issues on PC.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The Battlefront II thread is insanity so I figured I'd post this here. Out of curiosity, has anyone been playing BF2 on Xbox and, if so, how are the bugs/glitches? I've seen a lot of negative feedback on that front.

Just curious because I have a friend with an Xbox who was considering it and I've only had one or two very minor issues on PC.

I noticed a glitch when I got in a Awing during a galactic battle match, I was outside the map or something. Anyways after a couple hours on the trial I was not impressed enough to buy it. Especially with the loot system.

I guess EA dropped in game purchased with real money after the backlash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->