Michael Dal Colle (C/LW)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Snow should’ve looked to trade him after that abysmal first half of the season in Oshawa 2 years ago.
MDC is under contract for 1 more year and there's still no clear path for him to make the Islanders.

Maybe Garf should call Peter Chiarelli.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I'd go MDC and Nelson for RNH in a heartbeat. Actually, a lot about that makes sense... until you get to the RNH contract.
No thank you. Guy just isnt that good and might acutally be softer than Nelson. Nelson has played very solid this year even if the points have come yet. Once he has JHS back that line will be a very good 3rd line. If we make any trade it has to be for goaltending of defense. I go back and forth with Nelson but I want to give him this last year to prove he can either be a scoring winger or decent 3rd line centre.

Reactions: macleod50

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Why RNH..there's so many other options out there..

I'd go for Sam Reinhart OR as I have said before Trochek..I'd overpay for both..

I have no idea what Buffalo would be looking for, however, we have the currency to pull it off without destroying the farm or even making a dent to be totally honest. I think before the season started, we could have gotten Trochek for cheaper...now..I think it would take a replacement top 6 (might even have to be a centre) and a 1st rounder + prospect...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Just looking around having my coffee
MDC 1-6-7 compared to Ross Johnston 1-6-7
Through about 16 games.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Why RNH..there's so many other options out there..

I'd go for Sam Reinhart OR as I have said before Trochek..I'd overpay for both..

I have no idea what Buffalo would be looking for, however, we have the currency to pull it off without destroying the farm or even making a dent to be totally honest. I think before the season started, we could have gotten Trochek for cheaper...now..I think it would take a replacement top 6 (might even have to be a centre) and a 1st rounder + prospect...
trochek is a great player for fl and they value him as we do Lee/bz ... what makes you think we could have gotten him ? he's one of their best /fastest players

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Well, they (Florida fans) seem to want to trade him for a top flight dman of McAvoy level talent. Not sure what we can do, but I'd at least try to see if we could get Trocheck...We would be a top 3 team with him.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Nothing left to do with MDC, but be patient. Has no trade value - just let him play and see if he can begin to put things together.

He has had some bad luck - a couple of crossbars and he has shown to be a slow starter.

I do believe he will start scoring - I like the line he is playing on right now - Stevens and Gionta.

He can get hot and steaky.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Well, they (Florida fans) seem to want to trade him for a top flight dman of McAvoy level talent. Not sure what we can do, but I'd at least try to see if we could get Trocheck...We would be a top 3 team with him.
without selling the farm ... sign me up !

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Although Dal Colle seems like a bust at this point, I would like to see him play with Barzal...
If he can't crack it with him, trade him ASAP...

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Michael Dal Colle is reasonably running the risk of being our worst draft pick in team history. Surpassing David Chyzowski who had a similar scouting report, but did play in the NHL and score a few goals. Surpassing Scott Scissions, who would have never garnered as much attention if Uwe Krupp's OT goal for Buffalo didn't separate us from our chances of drafting Jagr (which wouldn't have happened, anyway). Also, Scissions has injuries on his side. Duncan McPhersson who was supposed to be the heir apparent to Dave Langevin, but had injuries derail his career, and tragically died in the Swiss Alps in 1989. Kevin Cheveldaeoff; I saw him play one preseason game against the Rangers in 1992... never played in the NHL.

Right now, it appears that Micahel Dal Colle's first NHL game is not in an eyeshot. It is possible that he never plays. Was supposed to be a goal scorer and was the consensus 5th overall pick. Yes, Sam Bennett is struggling in the NHL this year, but MDC is struggling in the AHL, and was struggling in the CHL before that. Nothing about this prospect is comforting, hopeful, or reassuring.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Michael Dal Colle is reasonably running the risk of being our worst draft pick in team history. Surpassing David Chyzowski who had a similar scouting report, but did play in the NHL and score a few goals. Surpassing Scott Scissions, who would have never garnered as much attention if Uwe Krupp's OT goal for Buffalo didn't separate us from our chances of drafting Jagr (which wouldn't have happened, anyway). Also, Scissions has injuries on his side. Duncan McPhersson who was supposed to be the heir apparent to Dave Langevin, but had injuries derail his career, and tragically died in the Swiss Alps in 1989. Kevin Cheveldaeoff; I saw him play one preseason game against the Rangers in 1992... never played in the NHL.

Right now, it appears that Micahel Dal Colle's first NHL game is not in an eyeshot. It is possible that he never plays. Was supposed to be a goal scorer and was the consensus 5th overall pick. Yes, Sam Bennett is struggling in the NHL this year, but MDC is struggling in the AHL, and was struggling in the CHL before that. Nothing about this prospect is comforting, hopeful, or reassuring.
Agreed. We should’ve been looking to sell on him after that bad CHL year. Too late now.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Hindsight is 20/20. Since he is still young and can be protected, I think he would be a good sweetener on some deal for a piece like Trochek/Reinhart/RNH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad