Trade: [MIA/NYY] Stanton + $30m for Castro, Guzman, Devers

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sure worked out well for the Nationals right?

They had a Turner, Zimmerman, rendon, Harper and Murphy offense and it did nothing

Exactly.

No such things as guarantees in baseball. Yankees aren't even a lock to make postseason next year. There are fair few questions about that rotation.

Square Hammer*

Jan 22, 2017
I own about 5 wearable jerseys. 2 of them are baseball. 2 of them are hockey. One is a cheap jersey given away at the DC United game.

None of them have names on the back,or anything at all. They're all blank.

If Giancarlo Stanton comes to New York this offseason the first thing I will do is order a replica (none of that fake Chinese stuff) jersey from MLBShop with the Giancarlo number. First thing. If they have names on the back like they do at the Yankee team store I would accept that too. I will dish out 200+ of my own money for this to happen.

You’re still posting these non-sequiturs?

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Exactly.

No such things as guarantees in baseball. Yankees aren't even a lock to make postseason next year. There are fair few questions about that rotation.

Remember too every "expert" was blathering on how in this years ALCS there was no way the Astros battered rotation (even with Verlander) and bullpen could hang with New York's lineup. That juggernaut lineup scored three runs total in the four games at Minute Maid. Three runs, with Judge striking out about a thousand times it felt like. Definitely no guarantees in baseball.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Rosenthal retweeted this.

They can't get away this!

Even with them taking on 265 million, I don't see them as being out for Harchado next winter. They could conceivably sign one of those two, or hell, even both. Like I said before, Hal doesn't spend like his father but if they have the chance to add one of the best layers in baseball (again) I can guarantee you they go for it.

I'm guessing because a team that went to G7 of the ALCS just added a reigning MVP/one of the best in the game. & they kept Torres/Frazier/Bird.

People can have opinions. And that's mine. So. Someone asked. I answered. I would have told him either stay or go to one of those two teams. Just my opinion.

Everyone can have an opinion, but thats one of the weirdest ones I have seen on here in a long time. Can't force a guy to play somewhere and when he's given you his all, you owe it to him to try and move him somewhere he's ok with.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
tenor.gif

Yanks are signing this guy next

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Very good pickup for the Yankees. If healthy Stanton, Judge and Sanchez should be good for over 100 home runs combined. That rotation still has ? though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Very good pickup for the Yankees. If healthy Stanton, Judge and Sanchez should be good for over 100 home runs combined. That rotation still has ? though.

Does it though? Severino looks like an elite ace in this league. Tanaka and Gray as the 2-3 is pretty solid as well. Hopefully CC comes back on a cheap 1 year deal and then I'd really have no concerns about the staff tbh.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

From the replies

:cry: I can't even be mad at the yanks and their big cojones anymore. Their ability to go for the big moves when everyone else is hmm-ing and huh-ing is well documented. They have beaten me into submission.

If Giancarlo Stanton comes to New York this offseason the first thing I will do is order a replica (none of that fake Chinese stuff) jersey from MLBShop
Its a long offseason. I bet in a few weeks fanatics or fansedge or someone will a 20 or 30% off deal and you will still have it in time for spring training.

Reactions: Voight

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Jeter isn't even a Yankee anymore and he's still helping them win.

What a joke of a deal. Marlins fans should be pissed off.
Old man Loria is to blame for this. He totally handcuffed the team with this contract.

The Yankees are doing a huge favor by taking it on TBH. It's really risky for them as well.

At the end of the day, Jeter with this trade might've saved baseball in Miami. He is basking in all the blame and hate now when he'll be the hero 4-5 years down the line when Stanton's declining.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Old man Loria is to blame for this. He totally handcuffed the team with this contract.

The Yankees are doing a huge favor by taking it on TBH. It's really risky for them as well.

At the end of the day, Jeter with this trade might've saved baseball in Miami. He is basking in all the blame and hate now when he'll be the hero 4-5 years down the line when Stanton's declining.

To be fair, Stanton had every right to ask for the kind of money he got, I think he wanted 13 years w/ the opt out so if the Marlins were crap, he could leave, or if they were crap at least he'd have major job security.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
To be fair, Stanton had every right to ask for the kind of money he got, I think he wanted 13 years w/ the opt out so if the Marlins were crap, he could leave, or if they were crap at least he'd have major job security.
Yes, it was pretty much the perfect contract for Stanton. He held all the cards here.

That being said, everyone said the exact same thing when the Blue Jays acquired John Johnson, Mark Buehrle and Jose Reyes for peanuts - simply salary relief.

That turned out to be a pretty damn good deal for the Marlins ownership. Nearly every player they traded in that deal declined almost immediately.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yes, it was pretty much the perfect contract for Stanton. He held all the cards here.

That being said, everyone said the exact same thing when the Blue Jays acquired John Johnson, Mark Buehrle and Jose Reyes for peanuts - simply salary relief.

That turned out to be a pretty damn good deal for the Marlins ownership. Nearly every player they traded in that deal declined almost immediately.

Johnsons arm blew up, Buehrle stayed the same consistent starter until he retired, Reyes started getting hurt and yea he's declined but to this day he's still a decent player.

However Stanton is easily better than these players, is younger and about to enter his prime - I doubt he will decline.

Found out today that he's the same age as A-Rod when he was traded to the Yanks. Both recent (A-Rod won it year before was traded) MVPs with huge contracts who get traded for cheap....

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The only good thing Jeter has ever done off the field was refuse to buy an apartment in a building because he found out they turned down Mariah Carey for an apartment in the same building several years earlier for no good reason other than they thought she was a whore. Otherwise he’s proving in the last 2-3 months that all he rumors about him being a major POS off the field are true

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I own about 5 wearable jerseys. 2 of them are baseball. 2 of them are hockey. One is a cheap jersey given away at the DC United game.

None of them have names on the back,or anything at all. They're all blank.

If Giancarlo Stanton comes to New York this offseason the first thing I will do is order a replica (none of that fake Chinese stuff) jersey from MLBShop with the Giancarlo number. First thing. If they have names on the back like they do at the Yankee team store I would accept that too. I will dish out 200+ of my own money for this to happen.
Wow! Sounds like a big day for you!

Reactions: All Might

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad