Trade: [MIA/NYY] Stanton + $30m for Castro, Guzman, Devers

Sep 19, 2008
Before people complain I have been advocating the Yankee club for nearly 16 years, and for nearly 3 years before the Nationals came to town!

I am so happy that they made this big deal!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Just read that even with Stanton NY is still expected to be below luxury tax threshold. If so, this is even more of a no-brainer. Stanton essentially replaces CC’s money (25M last year)...not to mention Castro and his 10M are gone as well and what Miami is paying. Great move by Cashman as much as it pains me to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The Jeter thing reminds me of Gasol getting traded to the Lakers for peanuts when Jerry West was on his way out. Almost like a parting gift. Although it's clear here his massive contract killed his value. I still thought the Dodgers were going to snatch him last minute.

Yup. Lol, almost inevitable. Its almost kind of sad that two teams pitched for him enthusiastically to no avail and the the Yankees just come in and snatch him. They certainly don't think small in the Bronx. With that kind of legacy to uphold you can't, really.

I'm mildly annoyed but at least a premier player is going to a baseball Mecca and won't have his career wasted down there anymore.

except jerry west wasn't the grizzlies GM when that trade was made. chris wallace was

but it's really no surprise that jeter ends up dealing stanton to NY. it'll be interesting to see if NYY top prospects like torres or florial are involved

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
If he opts out, that's a good thing for the Yankees.

Why is that?

Just not a fan of silly, predictable, nonsense.

He rejected two other trades. Just not my style at all, and again I've been in and out of baseball for a few years. But after last years post season it brought back the drive, and now this just knocks it away for me again, for now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

He rejected two other trades. Just not my style at all, and again I've been in and out of baseball for a few years. But after last years post season it brought back the drive, and now this just knocks it away for me again, for now.

Player works his ass off to be good enough to warrant a NTC, then people get mad when he uses it. If he didn't want to play in St Louis/San Fran, why on earth would he waive his NTC?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

He earned that NTC. - I would direct blame at the Marlins owners for gifting him that horrendous contract.

It is pretty funny seeing a post like this considering you're a Phillies fan. Remember they signed Cliff Lee on a sweetheart deal in additon to already having a rotation with Halladay, Hamels and Oswalt?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Player works his ass off to be good enough to warrant a NTC, then people get mad when he uses it. If he didn't want to play in St Louis/San Fran, why on earth would he waive his NTC?

I’m just baffled why a guy from California wouldn’t want to go to California, especially a team that’s shown you they know how to win as of late and why the hell didn't LA try to get him? Or did they briefly? I forget

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad