Trade: [MIA/NYY] Stanton + $30m for Castro, Guzman, Devers

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's signed through age 38, and at some point starting around age 32, the contract will become a disaster.
Which is why I don't.understand the outrage over the deal. The Marlins made a good deal to get out of his contract without retaining much.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Its possible, I mean A-Rod was productive for the life of his, Stanton obviously isn't as good as he was but who really knows. i think 32 is calling it waaaay too early.

I said starting around that point. Just as a simple example look at Pujols. At Stanton's current age, many probably thought Pujols wouldn't have declined as much as he did.

32, give or take a year or 2 is when everything comes crashing down for most players.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Stanton has one of the worst contracts in NA's top leagues.
He will be worth it for at least the first 5-6 years. Add the fact New York will market the f*** out of him. Even of he sucks the last half of the deal he'll have made the team more money than what they paid him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He will be worth it for at least the first 5-6 years. Add the fact New York will market the **** out of him. Even of he sucks the last half of the deal he'll have made the team more money than what they paid him.
You don't know that.

He was far from stellar the season before and has a history of injuries. Even if he falls in line with his career averages, he's not worth his contract.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You don't know that.

He was far from stellar the season before and has a history of injuries. Even if he falls in line with his career averages, he's not worth his contract.
You don't know that he won't be for that amount of time, or even longer.

The only undeniable thing here is that he and the yankees are going to make a ton of money from marketing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad