Trade: [MIA/NYY] Stanton + $30m for Castro, Guzman, Devers

Sep 19, 2008
Giancarlo Stanton is in Hal's box, and Giancarlo Stanton is coming to the Yankees! Oh my goodness gracious, of all the dramatic things.

Of all the dramatic things I have ever seen, Giancarlo Stanton standing right in Hal Steinbrenner's box is announcing he is here. Giancarlo Stanton is a New York Yankee. And there we go John.

You should see what is going on in the Yankees dugout. The grin on Aaron Judge's face. Masahiro Tanaka knew. Big sized Giancarlo Stanton is now a Yankee. Attention fans, he is here and now we don't have to discuss who takes that place in the lineup.

Reactions: Del Preston

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Good luck, AL East

Depends on Judge making adjustments. If he can stop striking out, then teams won’t be able to pitch around him anymore. I feel he was the victim of many borderline calls since he was a rookie, it was kind of absurd in the playoffs.

Also Sanchez is essentially useless if teams just throw curveballs. He has to wake up too.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The Jeter thing reminds me of Gasol getting traded to the Lakers for peanuts when Jerry West was on his way out. Almost like a parting gift. Although it's clear here his massive contract killed his value. I still thought the Dodgers were going to snatch him last minute.

Predictable.

Yup. Lol, almost inevitable. Its almost kind of sad that two teams pitched for him enthusiastically to no avail and the the Yankees just come in and snatch him. They certainly don't think small in the Bronx. With that kind of legacy to uphold you can't, really.

I'm mildly annoyed but at least a premier player is going to a baseball Mecca and won't have his career wasted down there anymore.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Depends on Judge making adjustments. If he can stop striking out, then teams won’t be able to pitch around him anymore. I feel he was the victim of many borderline calls since he was a rookie, it was kind of absurd in the playoffs.

Also Sanchez is essentially useless if teams just throw curveballs. He has to wake up too.

And if only I could marry Megan Markle instead of the prince. Sometimes, things just aren’t in the cards. Judge will always strike out above a 20% cut. Whether he drops below 30% is the question, but he very well could be pitched harder this year.

Reactions: Voight

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Yikes. A silver slugger award winner needs to wake up. Watch out baseball.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yikes. A silver slugger award winner needs to wake up. Watch out baseball.

Once it was clear he just swings at every single curveball, he didn’t accomplish much, like his sub .200 OBP in the postseason shows. Great regular season, sure, but the book was out on him late.

But now he’s the #3 guy on the offence. That should help.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Once it was clear he just swings at every single curveball, he didn’t accomplish much, like his sub .200 OBP in the postseason shows. Great regular season, sure, but the book was out on him late.

But now he’s the #3 guy on the offence. That should help.
Small sample size.

Why wasn't the book out on him after his amazing rookie season?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Small sample size.

Why wasn't the book out on him after his amazing rookie season?

The one where he’s played 50 games? Come inn. And his OPS+ dropped 40 points so clearly there was an effect.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The one where he’s played 50 games? Come inn. And his OPS+ dropped 40 points so clearly there was an effect.
Totally unreasonable to expect him to keep the rookie pace with historic numbers.

He was still by far the best player at his position his sophomore season. I don't see why 13 playoff games should change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad