Player Discussion Matt Beleskey II (12/14 WAIVED)

Beleskey

• Sit Beleskey sit in favour of anyone.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • AHL him.

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • Continue playing Beleskey hoping he improves.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I can't see them playing him with Krejci. I think he's going to be very far down the line-up if at all.

I think they'll give him a shot to rebound. In reality it's not like there are many better options to play that 1LW spot at the moment anyways, so why not see what you can get out of him?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I can't see them playing him with Krejci. I think he's going to be very far down the line-up if at all.

I certainly hope he isn't playing with Krejci . Let's hope he is reinvigorated and finds a spot in the bottom 6 . I don't expect much offence out of him , just hit everything in sight and be somewhat useful.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I think they'll give him a shot to rebound. In reality it's not like there are many better options to play that 1LW spot at the moment anyways, so why not see what you can get out of him?

I think they'll give him a shot, but he will very much be in a group of probably 4-5 players trying to get that slot

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I think they'll give him a shot, but he will very much be in a group of probably 4-5 players trying to get that slot

Agreed. Ideally that spot goes to Bjork or DeBrusk in the near future, but especially if they're going to try Pastrnak on that RW this year, I'm not sure either will be ready to play 16ish minutes a night there. At the very least Beleskey might be a good stop-gap there for a while until some of these younger guys are a bit more seasoned...or with any luck, he returns to form a bit and you actually get something good out of him.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
He's got a $3.8 million cap number of course he will have another opportunity, which is besides the point because if he recovers form he will be a very useful player that can move up and down the lineup.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Twenty goal season

Loved him as a Ducks

We get this guy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. Ideally that spot goes to Bjork or DeBrusk in the near future, but especially if they're going to try Pastrnak on that RW this year, I'm not sure either will be ready to play 16ish minutes a night there. At the very least Beleskey might be a good stop-gap there for a while until some of these younger guys are a bit more seasoned...or with any luck, he returns to form a bit and you actually get something good out of him.

If the 2012-16 Beleskey is not good enough to play we are looking at the 1971 Bruins forwards

Big ****ing bounce back

Asked a vet about all the kids coming in and seemed hopeful and excited but mentioned Beleskey in a very positive way

That was it for me if this guy thinks it I'm in

20 goals

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He looked pretty good at times in his first season when he was firing the puck as soon as he got it. I thought he could have had 20 goals if he wasn't snakebitten.

But last year he was truly horrible.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last year Kevan Miller was hailed a bum and a bad contract turned how he's pretty damn good on a bargain

Beleskey will be that guy

I know a lot of people didn't watch the Ducks but he was really good

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He looked pretty good at times in his first season when he was firing the puck as soon as he got it. I thought he could have had 20 goals if he wasn't snakebitten.

But last year he was truly horrible.

Horrible nails it

He was so bad I hated seeing him on the ice

He has a lot to prove and he does

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
25 points seems like realistic expectation. 10 goals 15 assists and hell I'd take it

Go read through last summers posts and you will wonder if Ancestry.com doesn't link me to Nostradamus

Take all your pizza delivery money and put it on Beleskey & Backes over 40 goals in 2017-18

You do that you will own Domino's

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
He is the classic very good playoff cash in player of the year. Happens a lot. Hope I am wrong it's just my take.

Unless he went to the school that finally taught Miller how to skate that is his biggest concern. He was beyond slow last year. You can't hit what you can't catch, or pop a rebound faster than a defender clears it. If he didn't work on that then I don't expect much

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
All I would ask is 15g-15a and forecheck to open up space for the others. He can do that on the 3rd or 2nd line easily. His game will work even better in the playoffs. Hoping for a bounce back season because he didn't even look like a pro player last year.

There's several players with alot to prove or ones coming back from injury. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
All I would ask is 15g-15a and forecheck to open up space for the others. He can do that on the 3rd or 2nd line easily. His game will work even better in the playoffs. Hoping for a bounce back season because he didn't even look like a pro player last year.

There's several players with alot to prove or ones coming back from injury. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Agreed, said it before, if we see year 1 Beleskey I`ll be satisfied but if any of that dumpster fire he called a game last year creeps in this year, enjoy the view from up top. Not that it`s recommend to have a load of kids in the lineup at the same time but the B`s can`t afford to continually dress anyone who isn`t contributing in a positive way

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
He wasn't on the Getzlaf and Perry line most of the season. He did his regular season damage on the Kesler line.
So Kesler was his center for part of the season and Getzlaf the other. Two high end big physical centers, maybe that's what Beleskey needs. Make Backes the third line center and see if Beleskey can be a fit. Beleskey is a crasher, not high in the skill department.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This exhibition season will be big for Beleskey to prove he belongs with the Bruins. If not he could be traded or sent to the AHL. Don't think they buy him out while still paying Seidenberg and Hayes.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I would

Pastrnak likely won't be playing till December 1 at earliest

Lot off opportunities

I can't seem the bruins organization letting a guy like pasta sit on the shelf all the way till December. That's controversial to their season.

And their fan base.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
He wasn't on the Getzlaf and Perry line most of the season. He did his regular season damage on the Kesler line.

This is a half truth that should die.
What is true, he played more minutes with Kesler than he did with Getzlaf and Perry.
What isn't true, in the time he was with Getzlaf and Perry he was more productive than with Kesler.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This exhibition season will be big for Beleskey to prove he belongs with the Bruins. If not he could be traded or sent to the AHL. Don't think they buy him out while still paying Seidenberg and Hayes.

Is AHL an option for the bruins? This could very well happen. Way too much competition for Bels.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This was literally one of the dumbest signings in the last 30 years for this team. A guy coming off a career season, having a ridiculously high shooting percentage that was in no way, shape or form, sustainable, and he's the one you throw UFA dollars and cap space at? Did you learn nothing from watching PC make that same mistake with a guy coming off a career year, when he grossly overpaid Chis Kelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark