Player Discussion Matt Beleskey II (12/14 WAIVED)

Beleskey

• Sit Beleskey sit in favour of anyone.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • AHL him.

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • Continue playing Beleskey hoping he improves.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Bruins win playoff game 1, on the road vs a team they are 3-10 against the past three years. All without their 2nd line center, and two of their top three defensemen, then lose another one in game....

But hey let's find something to ***** about.

It's because he is not well liked over here.
If he was then the apologists would cry "he must be hurt".

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Such a disgrace. Easily Don's worst signing and he's had a few. I hope Vegas takes the $5 mil cap hit off our hands. Not likely.

I can't see Vegas taking a guy who's a healthy scratch when players like Schaller, Acciari or Riley Nash are still getting minutes. I think we are stuck with this guy.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I liked Beleskey last year.

This year, he has completely checked out and it was more than evident last night as he's got his head in his phone in the press box instead of watching the game.

BillnyeTheHockeyGuy*

Feb 19, 2016
New England
Yes you can - Sweeney does not have one good NHL player acquisition that did not come through the draft. That was Keith Gretzky

So the GM has to take the fall for, what you deem, bad signings/trades, but he gets no credit for picking the players? Last time I checked, managements work as a unit, not a one man show. You want to blame Sweeney for the signings/trades? Fine... Go ahead, I don't agree with it, but that's neither here nor there. Blame everyone in the front office then. He has Neely above him, he has pro-scouts...Blame them as well, not just Sweeney.

And it goes the other way as well. You want to credit Keith Gretzky for all these picks? Give credit to Sweeney and the amateur scouts as well. This isn't a situation where 1 guy is in charge of X and 1 guy is in charge of Y. They work as a team.

Just like the players on the ice work as a team....

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
What a disaster of a season. Makes you long for the days when Chris Kelly and his 3 million AAV was the biggest issue on the team.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'm just not sure what to think. Give me him in 15-16, I'll take him on the 3rd line on this team every day and twice on Sundays.

What... happened? Can we get rid of him? What will that take? Can he return to form? Ugh. It's a shame because him playing as well as he did in 15-16 can make or break a series. Instead, he's sitting for 60% of it, and would be better off sitting for the other 40...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm just not sure what to think. Give me him in 15-16, I'll take him on the 3rd line on this team every day and twice on Sundays.

What... happened? Can we get rid of him? What will that take? Can he return to form? Ugh. It's a shame because him playing as well as he did in 15-16 can make or break a series. Instead, he's sitting for 60% of it, and would be better off sitting for the other 40...

He was just awful today, awful, which was pretty much a sum-up of his whole season. I'd really not care to see him back next season, but talk about a decline. It was as bad as the Jimmy decline, maybe worse since Beleskey at one time was better than Hayes. :shakehead

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

a41b3920ecc5276b2e7c795691c0bbe4.jpg

Jokes aside, he looked nothing like the player he was last season. If I were Sweeney, I would offer a team like Las Vegas or any other team any combination of Vatrano/Colin Miller/Spooner to take him off our hands. It's a shame too because the Beleskey of old could have really helped the Bruins this season.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
a41b3920ecc5276b2e7c795691c0bbe4.jpg

Jokes aside, he looked nothing like the player he was last season. If I were Sweeney, I would offer a team like Las Vegas or any other team any combination of Vatrano/Colin Miller/Spooner to take him off our hands. It's a shame too because the Beleskey of old could have really helped the Bruins this season.

I'd subtract all but Spooner. The other two...might have something down the line.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Vegas does need to hit the cap floor and maybe they look at this year as him coming back from surgery not being up to his former level of play, but could bounce back? I would offer someone like Czarnik or Grezlcyk if they take Beleskey, it may be enticing enough for them when they look at the whole picture.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Might be worth another shot. I got of a kick out of one of his recent interview though. Something about 'I made a promise to the City of Boston...'. Seriously dude, the City of Boston doesn't give two craps about a bottom six forward. Just play better!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think he started off behind the 8 ball this year and never really got the ball rolling. He was awful this year. Looked like he was skating in mud

I expect him to be back on the team next year. Hopefully a full offseason of training and recovering will do him some good. If he can be like he was in the first half of his tenure here then I'll be happy. I liked that player a lot. The one we see now? Not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad