Player Discussion Matt Beleskey II (12/14 WAIVED)

Beleskey

• Sit Beleskey sit in favour of anyone.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • AHL him.

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • Continue playing Beleskey hoping he improves.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I don't understand how some of you can chalk up Beleskey's poor play solely to injury when he played a full 28 games before getting hurt. He had a horrendous stat line to start the year (3 G, 3 A, -7) before going down with that lower body injury against Buffalo. He looked like someone who had a few too many eggrolls while over in China.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
“I made a commitment to this city, they made a commitment to me, and I owe a much better year than this year,†Beleskey, who has a limited no-trade clause, said during the team’s break-up day. “I can guarantee it won’t happen again.â€

The Bruins attempted to shop Beleskey at the trade deadline according to one source, and while a deal did not materialize then, it’s still a possibility this offseason, and it’s more than possible that Beleskey could get plucked by the Vegas Golden Knights.

Until then, however, the Bruins will prepare for an improved Beleskey to show up to their camp come September.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/b...t-beleskey-get-back-on-track-with-the-bruins/

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Beleskey will have the best season of his career in 17-18.

Sure hope so. I want to like him, and if he plays like we all know he can, I know I will. Always rooting for Bruins to do well, but sending a special hopeful thought his way for next season. If he has a slightly better season than 15-16, that will be more than enough to make up for this lacklustre one. I would settle for what he brought that year, though, that was fairly solid value for his cap hit.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I would still try to trade him. No excuse for a professional player to get a nice contract and come into the season as he did. If he is still here come camp then hopefully he will have busted his tail over the summer getting into the best shape of his life. Getting back to his old form would be a nice boost for the Bs.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Coming off his worst season, Matt Beleskey has something to prove

Matt Beleskey’s sputtering 2016-17 season came to a close in his annual exit meeting with Bruins general manager Don Sweeney.

There was a lot Beleskey wanted to forget, such as the knee injury that cost him six weeks. His three goals and five assists — the lowest point total of his career — wasn’t much to remember, either.

“Don said the best thing I could do for this team is be the player I can be, and that’s what I’m trying to do. They picked me up for a reason, to play my game, and that’s the aspect I need to bring.

“One thing I’ve been good at is rolling with the punches. And to be honest, I didn’t expect them to protect me. It’s business, so no hard feelings on that aspect.â€

Beleskey said the knee still hindered him at the start of the summer but is “feeling better now.†He spent the first 3-4 weeks of the offseason home in Ontario with his daughter, Ivy, who was born in March.

He altered his diet to what he called “simplified eating†and said he has lost a few pounds, and changed other aspects of his training, such as adding exercises to improve his breathing.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...thing-prove/mGn6HNjYL51GhEP5yWIcrN/story.html

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I would still try to trade him. No excuse for a professional player to get a nice contract and come into the season as he did. If he is still here come camp then hopefully he will have busted his tail over the summer getting into the best shape of his life. Getting back to his old form would be a nice boost for the Bs.

You guys are tough, you know he was injured all year?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He can't do worse than an 8 point season. Can't change the contract but being in shape alone should show an improvement. Find a way to be useful even if the offense was an anomaly.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hoping for a 20/20 season and playing an honest, hard game while he floats from 2nd line to 3rd line, depending on team injuries, players hot and cold streaks etc etc. Basically similar to his first year on the Bruins but with a slight uptic in offensive output seeing as he needs to play like he has something to prove.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Hoping for a 20/20 season and playing an honest, hard game while he floats from 2nd line to 3rd line, depending on team injuries, players hot and cold streaks etc etc. Basically similar to his first year on the Bruins but with a slight uptic in offensive output seeing as he needs to play like he has something to prove.

I would settle for a 10g-25pts season in a 4th line role.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think 15 Gs 20As would be pretty reasonable for a 3.9 mil contract as long as he plays his hardnosed style.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
$3.9 million for a fourth liner? No thanks.

He's no doubt first in line to be shiped out of town as soon as the team will need money to extend the next wave of ELC/trade for a high Cap hit player/sign another UFA.

But his salary doesn't mean anything on the ice. He's signed, the team is Under the Cap even if Pasta ends up with Draisaitl Cap hit. If Beleskey on the 4th line, 3rd line, 2nd line, 1st line, pressbox, AHL, is what is best for the team, than be it.

Hope he rebounds and have the best year he can have. That would be good for him, the Bruins and his trade value.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I hope it wasn't one of those knee injuries that results in permanent loss of speed.

If he's lost a step, he's in trouble. Needs the speed to play his physical brand. Doesn't have the hockey sense to compensate on the offensive side, either.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
He's no doubt first in line to be shiped out of town as soon as the team will need money to extend the next wave of ELC/trade for a high Cap hit player/sign another UFA.

But his salary doesn't mean anything on the ice. He's signed, the team is Under the Cap even if Pasta ends up with Draisaitl Cap hit. If Beleskey on the 4th line, 3rd line, 2nd line, 1st line, pressbox, AHL, is what is best for the team, than be it.

Hope he rebounds and have the best year he can have. That would be good for him, the Bruins and his trade value.
I think all Beleskey is is a 4th liner. It's not meant to be an insult. He struck gold by playing on a first line with Getzlaf and Perry and cashed in. He's an expensive Danny Paille, very serviceable and when expectations reflect what he actually is maybe we can be happy with the quality 4th line LWer.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I think all Beleskey is is a 4th liner. It's not meant to be an insult. He struck gold by playing on a first line with Getzlaf and Perry and cashed in. He's an expensive Danny Paille, very serviceable and when expectations reflect what he actually is maybe we can be happy with the quality 4th line LWer.

He had his best year in BOSTON!

That's here, in our town.

To heck with the 4th line crap we need him to be fighting for a spot top 6.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

As 4th-liners do.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I think Beleskey could go 20G/30A playing alongside Krejci (if he returns to form) and Pastrnak next season. With Pastrnak's somewhat new-found playmaking ability and hopefully a healthy Krejci, he'd be a good complement to that line...and he definitely has shown the ability to cash in when his linemates play well.

Doubt it would happen alongside Krejci and Backes though, so they'd definitely have to break up the first line to do it. I think it's more likely we see 10+G/30 pts out of him on the 3rd line this year.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I think Beleskey could go 20G/30A playing alongside Krejci (if he returns to form) and Pastrnak next season. With Pastrnak's somewhat new-found playmaking ability and hopefully a healthy Krejci, he'd be a good complement to that line...and he definitely has shown the ability to cash in when his linemates play well.

Doubt it would happen alongside Krejci and Backes though, so they'd definitely have to break up the first line to do it. I think it's more likely we see 10+G/30 pts out of him on the 3rd line this year.

I can't see them playing him with Krejci. I think he's going to be very far down the line-up if at all.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

He wasn't on the Getzlaf and Perry line most of the season. He did his regular season damage on the Kesler line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad