Player Discussion Matt Beleskey II (12/14 WAIVED)

Beleskey

• Sit Beleskey sit in favour of anyone.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • AHL him.

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • Continue playing Beleskey hoping he improves.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Beleskey is a ditch digger. If he's not ditch digging, his overall game suffers. The Bruins need him to grind, be hard on the puck and along the wall, crash the net. We rarely saw that this year from him.

Yep... and he was doing it 24/7 last year. Just completely night and day with him. I remember at the end of the season last year he was 3rd or 4th on "who do you want back on this team next year"... behind Bergy, Marchand, and Pasta I think. What the hell happened?

If he can go out there, hit everything that moves, crash the net, raise some hell, and hopefully score a few gritty goals, I'll forget everything. But has there been ONE game this year where he's done ONE of those things? Seems unrealistic to expect he'll do 'em all. Hopefully the atmosphere brings it all back. He's way better than what he was this season. So disappointing.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Bad start to the year and then a knee injury. Would love to see him return to form, they could surely use it to break Ottawa's trap and get their defense hearing footsteps

Really hoping this is the case.

I completely agree that last year he was exactly what this team needed in the playoffs.

He talks the game, but it isn't translating on the ice.

Hoping for a breakout this playoffs.

In fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he surprises us.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I hope he can step up his game in the playoffs the way he dd for the ducks,if he doesn't than he needs to go ,for what ever they can get for him or for nothing even if they have to pay part of his salary.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
It seems the Bruins have a number of promising prospects that are scheduled to break in around the same time over the next few years.

Too many to reasonably expect to stay with the team.

I could see a scenario where they pair the cap anchor contracts, like Beleskey's, with promising prospects in a trade for middling picks or something.

Clears roster spot for the keeper prospects and meaningful cap relief.

Makes sense to me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope Belesky has even a decent playoffs, and entices another team to gamble and take him off Boston's hands this summer.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Wow.

Nobody needs the playoffs to justify their contract (and, at this point, his spot in the league) more than Beleskey....

...and...

where is he?

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Isn't this the type of game Beleskey and Backes are supposed to thrive in, since apparently they weren't paid to produce.

shhh, that only gets accepted around here by the time their play is near-corpse like and people have no leg to stand on (much like the have no more legs to skate on).

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Sick of his act. A complete zero. Stupid to even have him in the lineup. Maybe he will score a goal or something, or maybe lay a nice hit, and gosh forbid make a contribution other than turning the puck over or getting behind the play.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
no point of beating up a rock

this one is on Sweeney

he has to get rid of Beleskey one way or the other

place him on the expansion draft, if not waive him, if not buy him out

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If anybody is gonna do something about Borowiecki it needs to be him

If he's gonna let him run around then I don't see a point in having him in over Blidh or Debrusk at this point. Blidh will at least make Anderson uncomfortable. Debrusk will maybe create offense

It's been a rough year. There have been a couple of flashes of the guy we saw in the first 3/4 of last year but for the most part he's been non-existent. I don't think it's an effort issue, however- I think he started off behind the 8 ball this year and never caught up

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Would be tough to trade him with that contract and no trade clause.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
shhh, that only gets accepted around here by the time their play is near-corpse like and people have no leg to stand on (much like the have no more legs to skate on).

Bruins win playoff game 1, on the road vs a team they are 3-10 against the past three years. All without their 2nd line center, and two of their top three defensemen, then lose another one in game....

But hey let's find something to ***** about.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Would be tough to trade him with that contract and no trade clause.

I "think" he has a modified NTC but could be wrong? His play for that cap hit is what would make other teams shy away, have to think for any team to take him on, the B`s would have to eat money which I`d do in a heartbeat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bruins win playoff game 1, on the road vs a team they are 3-10 against the past three years. All without their 2nd line center, and two of their top three defensemen, then lose another one in game....

But hey let's find something to ***** about.

Agreed. Some people just want to watch the world burn...:laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Bad start to the year and then a knee injury. Would love to see him return to form, they could surely use it to break Ottawa's trap and get their defense hearing footsteps

Beleskey and Accari needed to add some grit to the lineup. Hopefully Beleskey can get it going. But agree that injury slowed him down then sitting out multiple games didn't help.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
I got reamed for questioning why is was in the lineup last night. I get he was good in the playoffs for Anaheim, and he's gritty, but other than forechecking hard he's useless, puck constantly exploding off his stick. I don't know I guess they really don't have many other options, but he frustrates me.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
The guy has no legs this year he cant keep up but for those that say he isn't trying is just completely false . The effort is there but the legs won't get him there. I have no problem with people saying get him in a suit and I am basically in that group but let's not make up this he doesn't care crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad