Proposal: Martin Necas for Guhle + Kovacevic + 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, you right, he has less value as winger. Lol
Why are you commenting on players you don't know anything about? The point about losing credibility stands. You thought we was a Center, for some reason. Anyone who actually follows hockey and has watched a Carolina Hurricanes game over the last 4 years would know that he's a winger.

We aren't interested in trading him, especially not for Guhle. Doesn't seem like many Habs fans want that either but Carolina fans didn't make the proposal. Pretty much none of us are on board with this.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
why would we consider trading him for Slaf? Slaf has improved this year but still Jarvis is light years ahead of him and I don't see Slaf as having some crazy high potential. Jarvis' potential is still high too.

I agree. I personally wouldn't trade Jarvis for Slaf but you could make an argument from a value perspective to do that move. Jarvy is looking so good this year and becoming such a solid all-round player. Speed, tenacity, 200ft play, great hands, great shot. Not much to complain about there at all.

It's more of a point that Habs fans saying 'I'd rather have Jarvis' and it's like 'No shit. He's not available.'

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Keep up your stat watching and pretending you know anything about the player.
No we don't want Necas. At 25 with 350 NHL games that's the best he's going to be. Around 56 points average season. Sounds like you have him heavily over valued. We wouldn't touch that trade with somebody else's 10 foot pole.

Guhle 3 years younger, a fraction of the caphit and plays more vital position. Trade not even close let along the two throw-ins.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I agree. I personally wouldn't trade Jarvis for Slaf but you could make an argument from a value perspective to do that move. Jarvy is looking so good this year and becoming such a solid all-round player. Speed, tenacity, 200ft play, great hands, great shot. Not much to complain about there at all.

It's more of a point that Habs fans saying 'I'd rather have Jarvis' and it's like 'No shit. He's not available.'
same could be said about Slafkovsky and hes a 6"3 230 19 years old kid how old is Jarvis 22/23? i find it hard to believe that at that age Juraj wont be more dominant on the ice that kid has all the tools and more importantly the work ethic and mentality to reach hes ceilling

No we don't want Necas. At 25 with 350 NHL games that's the best he's going to be. Around 56 points average season. Sounds like you have him heavily over valued. We wouldn't touch that trade with somebody else's 10 foot pole.

Guhle 3 years younger, a fraction of the caphit and plays more vital position. Trade not even close let along the two throw-ins.
Necas had 71 points last season lets not exagerate today he would be our 2nd best player behind Suzuki

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Haven’t said a single thing about Necas’ value, actually.

Just find it funny when people pretend to know about players they obviously don’t watch. You’re just quoting stats and you led with calling him a centre (a position he has never played at the nhl level).

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Necas already has a 71 point season under his belt as recently as *checks notes* last year. Why would you think the best he's going to do is mid 50's. Literally makes no sense.

Guhle being cheaper is a fair point... that tends to happen when the player is still on ELC. He wont be cheap forever.

As demonstrated through basically all of your posts you clearly don't know anything about the Canes or Necas. Just take L and move on.

same could be said about Slafkovsky and hes a 6"3 230 19 years old kid how old is Jarvis today 22/23? i find it hard to believe that at that age Juraj wont be more dominant on the ice that kid has all the tools and boy was i wrong about him

No doubt Slaf has taken some big steps this year. There's a reason he was drafted 1OA.

Jarvis just turned 22 and Slaf is turning 20 in two weeks so they are 2 years apart. Jarvis is having a really good season for this 3rd year in the league but it wouldn't shock me at all if Slaf passes him in the next year or two. Either way I think both teams like their guys and there is no reason to trade them.

I was going to initially make the point that the only player on the Habs that we would trade Jarvis for would be Suzuki (I know Habs would never do this) but Slaf would be the other guy where you at least have the conversation, again not saying the fit is there or Habs would do it.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Yes. But for your statement to have any sort of validity, the need has to be strongly expressed (irl by the team itself, on this trade forum by fans with an S).

That statement also applies both way, especially when we see the relative value of dmen VS wingers.

I wouldn't mind that. But I feel we're ending up with Eiserman or Helenius anyways.
Really hope for your sake that you don't end up with Eiserman. @Hammettf2b has a lot of concerns about him transitioning to the major leagues, on top of the lack of success as a gm out of his dad Steve Eiserman.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Both teams say no which means the value of them is closer than some on both sides want to admit imo
I use to believe this but after all I've seen I've just come to believe all fans are so biased of their own players they won't be satisfied unless they absolutely fleece the other team. Probably best to get a 3rd party to judge, but then again they may not be aware of the particular needs of a team. IMO I wouldn't trade Guhle for Necas, let alone add.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Habs fans are absurd to argue that Guhle is a top pair dman just because he plays on a bottom-3 d core in the league. Is Cam Fowler a #1? Is Matheson? Is Alex Vlasic a top-pair guy too? This reasoning is just silly and not persuasive at all. Guhle is a #3/4 on a contender, and I like him and think he has #2 upside.

I think Hanifin is a great comparable as a 2nd pairing guy at 22 who could be a top-pairing LD on a good team in the right circumstances in a few years. Great skater, good size, very good but not elite defensively, good puck mover, and good but not super high-end offensively.

But from my neutral perspective Habs fans are just underrating Necas so much here and are crazy to turn down Guhle for Necas one-for-one without a second thought. Necas is like Nik Ehlers but younger and can also be a C. Amazing offensive talent. He’s a good top-line RW or a great 2nd line RW/C now at just 25. In a vacuum you take the 25 year old top-line guy over the 22 year old potential top-pair guy 9/10 times. That said, if Necas and Carolina can’t reach an extension then this type of deal could make sense as a base. Teams would be lining up for Necas across the league though because he has a unique offensive skill-set that many teams lack.
Doesn't Montreal have the 2nd highest defensemen production in the league?

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Why are you commenting on players you don't know anything about? The point about losing credibility stands. You thought we was a Center, for some reason. Anyone who actually follows hockey and has watched a Carolina Hurricanes game over the last 4 years would know that he's a winger.

We aren't interested in trading him, especially not for Guhle. Doesn't seem like many Habs fans want that either but Carolina fans didn't make the proposal. Pretty much none of us are on board with this.
Can't lose something you never had. Check his post history, he's never had credibility.

• Haha
Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1710609069265.png

Didn't expect so much shitting on Necas to be honest. Here are his last 2 seasons (start of last year to today). I'd say he's keeping real good company.

He's not the next Pastrnak but I'd argue Guhle isn't the next Makar either.

Here is the offensive company Guhle is keeping as a Dman. I'll agree I'm 'stat watching' on Guhle but, after reading the first 5 pages, I thought he was in the Makar/Hughes tier and he's tied with tied with Jan Rutta.

Weird thread to read... if I had never seen the sport I'd assume Guehle is winning the Norris and Necas is headed to the Calder Cup finals and returning to Europe soon.lol

Comparing salaries for a player on an ELC and a 25 year old is something too.lol

1710609251458.png

Since I'm stat watching.lol

Necas last 2 years on the Canes...

1710609682605.png

FWIW.. hope the trade never happens. I really like Carolina and hope they can succeed with Necas. Was just surprised to be reading about how bad Necas is from certain posters. I can only assume they've watched as many Cane's games as I have Habs games this year.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
View attachment 836889

Didn't expect so much shitting on Necas to be honest. Here are his last 2 seasons (start of last year to today). I'd say he's keeping real good company.

Here is the offensive company Guhle is keeping as a Dman. I'll agree I'm 'stat watching' on Guhle but, after reading the first 5 pages, I thought he was in the Makar/Hughes tier and he's tied with tied with Jan Rutta.

Weird thread to read... if I had never seen the sport I'd assume Guehle is winning the Norris and Necas is headed to the Calder Cup finals and returning to Europe soon.lol

Comparing salaries for a player on an ELC and a 25 year old is something too.lol

View attachment 836890

View attachment 836893

FWIW.. hope the trade never happens. I really like Carolina and hope they can succeed with Necas. Was just surprised to be reading about how bad Necas is from certain posters. I can only assume they've watched as many Cane's games as I have Habs games this year.
Care to do this comparing with Necas 20 and 21 years old season? I mean, if we’re going to compare stats wouldn’t it be more fair to do so with their respective age season?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
No but you’re comparing a 20 & 21 years old season with a 24 & 25 years old season offensively only with one of them being a D. You don’t see how this is wrong?
If I did that it would be wrong. I didn't do that.

What you read:

Necas has 50 points and guhle has 15 so Necas is better.

Not at all what I wrote though.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If I did that it would be wrong. I didn't do that.

What you read:

Necas has 50 points and guhle has 15 so Necas is better.

Not at all what I wrote though.
Point remains that you’re comparing the seasons of a 25 years old with a 21 years old right now.

Reactions: viceroy

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
View attachment 836889

View attachment 836890

View attachment 836893

Please use the quote function and show me where I did that.
??

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

There's no way we're trading Slaf for Jarvis. Forget about it.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
View attachment 836889

View attachment 836890

View attachment 836893

You're comparing Guhle's 21yo season to Necas 24-25 yo seasons. As a winger, Necas is pretty much at his peek right now. Guhle as a lot more room to grow as a defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad