Proposal: Martin Necas for Guhle + Kovacevic + 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Necas undervalued big time in this thread, hes a center being asked to play wing in rods system. Would likely be the best or 2nd player on MTL if this trade occurred. On the other hand, why does Carolina need more defense? They are fairly set there at the moment.

I’d have a hard time calling him a center when he’s never played it at the nhl level. Plenty of guys are drafted as centers then can’t hack it at the nhl level.

When we had injuries at the start of the year, Brind’amour played Teravainen at center instead of Necas. That says a lot.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
That's like saying, if i am Carolina i offer Necas to the Habs for a return that is impossible.

Carolina GM is not an idiot and wouldn't embarassment himself by calling Hughes with that nugget.
no one else gets it done. if your want necas you have to give to get. canes are competing not rebuilding.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I’d have a hard time calling him a center when he’s never played it at the nhl level. Plenty of guys are drafted as centers then can’t hack it at the nhl level.

When we had injuries at the start of the year, Brind’amour played Teravainen at center instead of Necas. That says a lot.

But but... he's a C on hockeydb!
(Sarcasm)

Teams gets stuff wrong all the time, but it would surprise me that the Canes went out of their way to acquire Kotkaniemi if they trusted Necas to be rhe better center.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sounds like neither team wants to do this trade. Canes don't need to trade Necas unless his contract demands are way out of line. Don't think he would get more than 7x7 which the Canes absolutely can sign him to.

Even if Skjei and Pesce go via free agency, Canes have Orlov and Chatfield that are more than capable of moving up into the top 4. Nikishin and Morrow could be graduating soon and there's a pretty decent crop of UFA defensemen if the team needs to find some lower cost stop gaps.

Guhle would be a nice add but not at the cost of Necas.

Happy to be enlightened on this but are we really saying that Kaiden Guhle is currently playing at a top pair D-man level? Not saying he doesn't have that potential or might get there soon but would like to see some sort of analytical case for this.
He absolutely is.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtydanglez

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nice clips. Not really sure 4 plays over the course of a season solidifies it but glad he's got some highlights to his name.
Tune in right now. He has 2 asissts and two incredible defensive plays while playing with Mike Matheson (whos probably the worst D in the league) and on his offside, in 8 minutes of ice time with 4 minutes left in the first.

Edit: make that 1 goal 2 assists.

Last edited:
Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Need perspective, he's top pair on one of the worst teams in the league. There is no one on the Canes D core that would sit for him. He might, I stress might be the 7th D ahead of D'Angelo in Carolina
He would be ahead of D'Angelo. I don't think that's really a question. Maybe challenges Chatfield for #6 but there is no way in hell he's above our top 5.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He would be ahead of D'Angelo. I don't think that's really a question. Maybe challenges Chatfield for #6 but there is no way in hell he's above our top 5.
@pth2 - I can’t imagine what is even mildly humourous about my post.

Kaiden Guhle would be the no. 6 dman on the Canes at best. There’s no punchline there

Gaud

May 11, 2017
That's like saying, if i am Carolina i offer Necas to the Habs for a return that is impossible.

Carolina GM is not an idiot and wouldn't embarassment himself by calling Hughes with that nugget.

I agree - the "If you want my player, it's going to cost you your best one" comments don't really reflect the reality that teams that want these players wont trade players just as good because that wouldnt make their teams better, it would be a lateral move. What gets me with these sorts of comments (id only agree for Suzuki) is that it lacks originality; i mean, if the habs offer their next 5 1sts, you wouldnt take it? 2-3 of those will be top 10.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Nice clips. Not really sure 4 plays over the course of a season solidifies it but glad he's got some highlights to his name.

I keep hearing that with a defenseman, if you dont hear his name, it's a good thing. I guess that means he is doing his job. For Guhle, he takes on 1st pairing duties (at least hte defensive missions) and you kind of forget about him then all of a sudden he is in the right place for a breakaway or takes out someone in front of the net.

Necas is a great player and i think Mtl needs a good winger in its top 6, but i don't think that need is enough to make trading Guhle make sense. I'd definitely be open to exploring other names though - Hutson and Reinbacher are no-gos IMO, but offers including Mailloux and Xhekaj would be something id listen to

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1711378388158.png

VS

1711378470906.png

So where do Habs posters think Guhle would be on the Cane's today and heading into playoffs? Who's he bumping out of Top 4. Is he Top Pair on the Canes today?

Reactions: Stickpucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln