Proposal: Martin Necas for Guhle + Kovacevic + 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Necas is rumoured to be on the market. Carolina has 4 up and coming UFAs out of their 7 regular defensemen. The 3 others will be UFAs next year.

MTL, on the other hand, has an abundance of young defensemen, but lack fire power on their top 6.

Guhle will be a beast. Might not become an elite pt producer but he's big, mean, skate like the wind and he's a wall defensively.
He'll be a minute muncher playing the tough assignments.

Necas is certainly a quality top 6.

Thoughts?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I saw where Verbeek wants the Ducks to compete for a playoff spot next season. He made those comments at a season ticket holder event. He is not trading Zegras if the plan is to put a competitive team on the ice. The Montreal people will not be happy. I heard Eric Engels on Marek's show a few weeks ago say the Montreal brass is targeting Zegras in a trade this summer. Montreal needs another top forward to give them two quality scoring lines. Zegras needs to stay healthy for the Ducks to be a better team.

Im not sure habs fans will like this one.
Give to get. This isn't charity.

Reactions: Voight

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I saw where Verbeek wants the Ducks to compete for a playoff spot next season. He made those comments at a season ticket holder event. He is not trading Zegras if the plan is to put a competitive team on the ice. The Montreal people will not be happy. I heard Eric Engels on Marek's show a few weeks ago say the Montreal brass is targeting Zegras in a trade this summer. Montreal needs another top forward to give them two quality scoring lines. Zegras needs to stay healthy for the Ducks to be a better team.

sure I agree but not for Guhle.

The Habs have 4 1st rounders in the next 2 years and many other LDs that can be used in a deal. They can add a good young forward or 2 without touching Guhle.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Canes fans, assuming Pittsburgh continues to suck and picks around 8-10 overall, would you do a deal around that pick for Necas? Thinking a good comp would be Debrincat who netted the 7th overall pick a few years back.

If Skjei also leaves maybe you need a cheaper LHD to replace him

1st + POJ or Marcus Pettersson?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Canes fans, assuming Pittsburgh continues to suck and picks around 8-10 overall, would you do a deal around that pick for Necas?
I think the draft would be the time he’d be available if they know the gap between them on a contract is too big. I think they’ll look at everything and obviously they’ll try to use Necas to get them a piece that makes sense now, but I think they’d look at your pick. They’ll take the best asset they can. I think they’ll either take the best futures package or the best defenseman they can get if they can find one with term.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I wonder if it being a D heavy draft which Montreal doesn’t really need if they’d look at moving their pick if it’s in the 6-8 range for Necas

Particularly if Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board

Reactions: malcb33

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Yes. But for your statement to have any sort of validity, the need has to be strongly expressed (irl by the team itself, on this trade forum by fans with an S).

That statement also applies both way, especially when we see the relative value of dmen VS wingers.

I wonder if it being a D heavy draft which Montreal doesn’t really need if they’d look at moving their pick if it’s in the 6-8 range for Necas

I wouldn't mind that. But I feel we're ending up with Eiserman or Helenius anyways.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: H3ckt1k and malcb33

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I can't say I like the core idea of Guhle for Necas, but I can see the logic in it. Montreal needs productive forwards, whereas Carolina has many UFAs on D. I'd rather move the Habs 1st for someone like Zegras, but this is pretty close.

My biggest issue is moving a cost-controlled Guhle for a near-UFA Necas; a contract extension would have to be part of the deal to make this move.

Reactions: jsol and HabsAddict

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

This scenario is more likely than trading Guhle at this point. I feel the Habs would be interested in Catton, too, but if there's a run on forwards, then they might trade the pick for a forward.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I'm not sure we're going to move Necas. It all depends on his ask.

Svech makes 7.75x8 so that's basically Necas' absolute ceiling on our team.

I wouldn't even give him 7.5 and I'd really prefer not to give him 7.

Svech makes our team so much harder to play against.

Necas does add a skill element to it but in games like yesterday we really could've used him and he was nowhere to be seen.

I think it all comes down to how he does in the postseason.

Reactions: zman77

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Necas is rumoured to be on the market. Carolina has 4 up and coming UFAs out of their 7 regular defensemen. The 3 others will be UFAs next year.

MTL, on the other hand, has an abundance of young defensemen, but lack fire power on their top 6.

Guhle will be a beast. Might not become an elite pt producer but he's big, mean, skate like the wind and he's a wall defensively.
He'll be a minute muncher playing the tough assignments.

Necas is certainly a quality top 6.

Thoughts?
Replace Necas for Svechnikov

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm not sure we're going to move Necas. It all depends on his ask.

Svech makes 7.75x8 so that's basically Necas' absolute ceiling on our team.

I wouldn't even give him 7.5 and I'd really prefer not to give him 7.

Svech makes our team so much harder to play against.

Necas does add a skill element to it but in games like yesterday we really could've used him and he was nowhere to be seen.

I think it all comes down to how he does in the postseason.

I think it could depend on how Guentzel fits in. Like if he really excels it could make retaining him a better fit. And you’re getting a haul for Necas that you wouldn’t get for the other guys

Like I don’t think Carolina would feel the loss of one of their top wingers too much when they still have Svech/Jarvis and they re-sign turbo and Guentzel

Reactions: Daeavorn

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I feel like Necas could command both quality and quantity trade chips

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I like Ghule and wouldn't want to move him but Necas has a bit of the elite talent that every team wants. Ghule is solid and will likely be a solid dman his whole career. You don't trade potential elite for solid.

I get Necas is 25 already but I feel he'd explode if on a team like Ottawa or Chicago where he could be given a top line role with limited responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad