Proposal: Martin Necas for Guhle + Kovacevic + 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How about Necas to Anaheim? Whats the ask?
Prob starts with our 1st(with celebrini protection) granted the lottery would have already happened so no need for protection or zegras.

So basically a top 5 pick or zegras, and I kinda think it really depends on what Carolina wants to do with their cap/ signings. The top 5 pick might be intriguing to get a top talent that can come into the line up in a year or 2 and they save the necas/zegras money for other assets/resigning

If our pick lands 4 or 5, and levshunov and Dickinson are off the board I’d prob consider moving it for necas, prob more moving parts to the trade tho

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Habs if their 1st round pick is in the 8-10 range for Necas.

Otherwise I dont think they will part with any current young roster player for him. They need Guhle more than they need another forward.

Reactions: jfhabs

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sounds like neither team wants to do this trade. Canes don't need to trade Necas unless his contract demands are way out of line. Don't think he would get more than 7x7 which the Canes absolutely can sign him to.

Even if Skjei and Pesce go via free agency, Canes have Orlov and Chatfield that are more than capable of moving up into the top 4. Nikishin and Morrow could be graduating soon and there's a pretty decent crop of UFA defensemen if the team needs to find some lower cost stop gaps.

Guhle would be a nice add but not at the cost of Necas.

Fair enough.

Saying a top-pair 22 year old D who can play either side sucks is kind of harsh.

Happy to be enlightened on this but are we really saying that Kaiden Guhle is currently playing at a top pair D-man level? Not saying he doesn't have that potential or might get there soon but would like to see some sort of analytical case for this.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
Sounds like neither team wants to do this trade. Canes don't need to trade Necas unless his contract demands are way out of line. Don't think he would get more than 7x7 which the Canes absolutely can sign him to.

Even if Skjei and Pesce go via free agency, Canes have Orlov and Chatfield that are more than capable of moving up into the top 4. Nikishin and Morrow could be graduating soon and there's a pretty decent crop of UFA defensemen if the team needs to find some lower cost stop gaps.

Happy to be enlightened on this but are we really saying that Kaiden Guhle is currently playing at a top pair D-man level? Not saying he doesn't have that potential or might get there soon but would like to see some sort of analytical case for this.

Do you think Guhle sucks? What do you think his potential is?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Do you think Guhle sucks? What do you think his potential is?
Ummm... did I say any of that at all?

I was responding to a poster who said he was a 22 y/o top pairing defenseman. I'm questioning whether he currently is an actual top pairing defenseman.

I even stated that I wasn't refuting that he has that potential or could get there somewhat soon.

Were you really not capable of reading the second sentence on that point?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Makes no sense for Carolina. They are set at LD longterm and the package sucks.

Huh? Skjei is as good as gone this summer and Slavin and Orlov are ufa’s next summer. Slavin will surely be kept and Nikishin might come over if all goes well but nothing is certain. They’re definitely not set long term at ld or rd.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
Ummm... did I say any of that at all?

I was responding to a poster who said he was a 22 y/o top pairing defenseman. I'm questioning whether he currently is an actual top pairing defenseman.

I even stated that I wasn't refuting that he has that potential or could get there somewhat soon.

Were you really not capable of reading the second sentence on that point?

Can you read?

What do you think Guhle’s potential is?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

If you want to find analytics, go ahead, but right now Guhle is playing a top pairing role, RD with Matheson in Montreal, and is generally seen as a top-4 lock for the next decade or so.

I think the first person to say anything or anyone "sucks" should take the blame when discussion go sideways.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

I'd say his play more so resembles a No3 but we have him playing RD despite being a lefty. Is 6'3, just turned 22, and skates like the wind.

He is on trajectory to be something resembling Noah Hanifin if I had to guess.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I guess it depends on what is meant by top-pair D-man level. If I were to make the analytical case for Guhle, it would be the same one as for Seider. Both play incredibly difficult competition 5v5 (among the toughest QoC in the league) and are either close to or better in those minutes relative to the rest of their team. Seider is definitely better with the puck on his stick, but its the same situation where the quality of the team and usage doesn't capture the quality of the player the way the eye test does. Guhle is playing top pair minutes, and not easy ones. He's been reasonably effective in them. Does that make him a top-pair D-man? I don't think so, but he just turned 22 so I'm comfortable in betting he'll get there.

I don't particularly think a Guhle for Necas based swap makes sense for either team. Montreal can't really give Necas the minutes to make him as effective as he is in Carolina and can't really afford to move Guhle right now (unless they're crazy confident that guys like Reinbacher and Hutson will hit the ground running - which seems like a stretch). Carolina doesn't really need a LD this minute and probably want someone more proven in a Necas deal.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
If you only read the trade boards, you’d think guhle is the single highest valued player in the league outside of Mcdavid and bedard
Nobody has suggested this at all, but nice post to farm likes I guess?

Guhle is 22 and currently playing on the top pair, on his wrong side. He has elite level skating, shot, and plays physical - and he’s still on his ELC making peanuts. He’s on team control for at least another 5 years and a massive part of our core group moving forward.

Necas is 25, plays right wing (a position much less important than top pair defender), and is due for a big raise. He’s big but he’s soft, and we have more than enough soft forwards in our group. We need to be more abrasive, not less, and while Necas is very talented, he doesn’t fit with our timeline, our playing style or our needs - especially at the expense of our top pairing young defender.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
Are you a human, or a bot asking questions that re-use keywords from the previous post ?
EDIT: A few questions to trip up a bot...
How does a field of grain feel when Bambi gets shot ? Is a breadbox bigger than the color blue ? How did you feel when Dumbledore shot Snow White?

So you can’t answer the question lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nobody has suggested this at all, but nice post to farm likes I guess?

Guhle is 22 and currently playing on the top pair, on his wrong side. He has elite level skating, shot, and plays physical - and he’s still on his ELC making peanuts. He’s on team control for at least another 5 years and a massive part of our core group moving forward.

Necas is 25, plays right wing (a position much less important than top pair defender), and is due for a big raise. He’s big but he’s soft, and we have more than enough soft forwards in our group. We need to be more abrasive, not less, and while Necas is very talented, he doesn’t fit with our timeline, our playing style or our needs - especially at the expense of our top pairing young defender.
If I wanted to farm likes I’d just make fun of the leafs

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
If you want to find analytics, go ahead, but right now Guhle is playing a top pairing role, RD with Matheson in Montreal, and is generally seen as a top-4 lock for the next decade or so.

I think the first person to say anything or anyone "sucks" should take the blame when discussion go sideways.

Habs fans are absurd to argue that Guhle is a top pair dman just because he plays on a bottom-3 d core in the league. Is Cam Fowler a #1? Is Matheson? Is Alex Vlasic a top-pair guy too? This reasoning is just silly and not persuasive at all. Guhle is a #3/4 on a contender, and I like him and think he has #2 upside.

I think Hanifin is a great comparable as a 2nd pairing guy at 22 who could be a top-pairing LD on a good team in the right circumstances in a few years. Great skater, good size, very good but not elite defensively, good puck mover, and good but not super high-end offensively.

But from my neutral perspective Habs fans are just underrating Necas so much here and are crazy to turn down Guhle for Necas one-for-one without a second thought. Necas is like Nik Ehlers but younger and can also be a C. Amazing offensive talent. He’s a good top-line RW or a great 2nd line RW/C now at just 25. In a vacuum you take the 25 year old top-line guy over the 22 year old potential top-pair guy 9/10 times. That said, if Necas and Carolina can’t reach an extension then this type of deal could make sense as a base. Teams would be lining up for Necas across the league though because he has a unique offensive skill-set that many teams lack.

Reactions: IIxGURUxII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad