Proposal: Martin Necas for Guhle + Kovacevic + 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
There's no way we're trading Slaf for Jarvis. Forget about it.
Great. I wasn’t actually proposing this for either team or saying it was a reasonable trade proposal. If you bothered to read my post you would have realized I said the only players on the Habs the Canes would trade Jarvis for was Suzuki or Slaf. I wasn’t saying in anyway that the Habs would make that trade or that Slaf was available

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You're comparing Guhle's 21yo season to Necas 24-25 yo seasons. As a winger, Necas is pretty much at his peek right now. Guhle as a lot more room to grow as a defenseman.
What if Guhle has peaked? Maybe the best we’ve seen from him. No way of knowing.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe.... I mean no one as crystal ball, but defenseman generally peak around 25-27. For all we know, he might die in a car accident tomorrow while we're at it........
0 points and -3 in his last 5 games. I’m not seeing positive progression here. Honestly might be smart to sell while he still has value although I’m guessing the rest of the GMs around the league have already figured this out. If MTL can get out of his contract and get a mid round pick it might be a good idea.

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
0 points and -3 in his last 5 games. I’m not seeing positive progression here. Honestly might be smart to sell while he still he value although I’m guessing the rest of the GMs around the league have already figured this out. If MTL can get out of his contract and get a mid round pick it might be a good idea.
This is satire, right ?

Right ?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Doesn't Montreal have the 2nd highest defensemen production in the league?

I'm not sure if this is still true. And even if it was, why would that matter? Sergachev, Subban are the two latest top 4 or better defensemen drafted by the team.

Guhle is a much needed piece.

View attachment 836889

Didn't expect so much shitting on Necas to be honest. Here are his last 2 seasons (start of last year to today). I'd say he's keeping real good company.

He's not the next Pastrnak but I'd argue Guhle isn't the next Makar either.

Here is the offensive company Guhle is keeping as a Dman. I'll agree I'm 'stat watching' on Guhle but, after reading the first 5 pages, I thought he was in the Makar/Hughes tier and he's tied with tied with Jan Rutta.

Weird thread to read... if I had never seen the sport I'd assume Guehle is winning the Norris and Necas is headed to the Calder Cup finals and returning to Europe soon.lol

Comparing salaries for a player on an ELC and a 25 year old is something too.lol

View attachment 836890

Since I'm stat watching.lol

Necas last 2 years on the Canes...

View attachment 836893

FWIW.. hope the trade never happens. I really like Carolina and hope they can succeed with Necas. Was just surprised to be reading about how bad Necas is from certain posters. I can only assume they've watched as many Cane's games as I have Habs games this year.

Imo, from Mtl's pov, the trade just doesnt make sense from a needs perspective, and Necas isn't good enough to offset the needs.

Guhle isn't an offensive dynamo. He'll be a solid top 4, potentially top pairing defenseman, leaned on defensively and on the PK, but he probably won't be seeing much PP time.

Although, it is kinda scary that he's our best D prospect... I look around the league and I wish we had a guy like Faber on our hands.

Reactions: Czechboy

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You're comparing Guhle's 21yo season to Necas 24-25 yo seasons. As a winger, Necas is pretty much at his peek right now. Guhle as a lot more room to grow as a defenseman.
Never make this trade. We did it twice before, Sergechev and McDonagh.. It was a disaster. Trading young #1 defenseman never works out.

I would offer Jets pick and one of our young goalies instead. But not Guhle. Give the 6 million Necas wants to a UFA instead. DeBrusk type.

Reactions: viceroy

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Necas undervalued big time in this thread, hes a center being asked to play wing in rods system. Would likely be the best or 2nd player on MTL if this trade occurred. On the other hand, why does Carolina need more defense? They are fairly set there at the moment.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Necas undervalued big time in this thread, hes a center being asked to play wing in rods system. Would likely be the best or 2nd player on MTL if this trade occurred. On the other hand, why does Carolina need more defense? They are fairly set there at the moment.
Skjei UFA 2024
Pesce UFA 2024
Chatfield UFA 2024
DeAngelo UFA 2024

Slavin UFA 2025
Burns UFA 2025 (and 40)
Orlov UFA 2025

While the current D core looks great, I absolutely see where people get the idea Carolina needs to target young D in the off-season. Morrow and Nikishin are in the pipeline, but still a couple years out.

Some of these will be re-signed (Slavin, one of Skjei/Pesce, hopefully Chatfield), but obviously not all of them.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm not sure if this is still true. And even if it was, why would that matter? Sergachev, Subban are the two latest top 4 or better defensemen drafted by the team.

Imo, from Mtl's pov, the trade just doesnt make sense from a needs perspective, and Necas isn't good enough to offset the needs.

Guhle isn't an offensive dynamo. He'll be a solid top 4, potentially top pairing defenseman, leaned on defensively and on the PK, but he probably won't be seeing much PP time.

Although, it is kinda scary that he's our best D prospect... I look around the league and I wish we had a guy like Faber on our hands.
I agree with you. Not a good trade.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
For the Habs, that trade would patch a big hole on offense, while creating a big hole on defense. Given the fact that Guhle's age fits better with canadiens' rebuild timeline, I would say its better for them not to make this trade.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Guhle was the best player on the ice for the habs tonight against Edmonton. Any hab fan wanting to trade Guhle need their card revoked.

Guhle has far more value to Montreal than any top 6 forward, he's a much bigger need, despite the deep D prospect pool.

Said prospects still need plenty of time for growth before we even know what we have. We can already see the tangible upside with Kaiden.

Last edited:

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Lots of people in this thread who don’t watch Necas or Guhle play a whole lot.

Could we actually see this trade? Yea, but not sure it comes from either of these two teams. If Anaheim or Detroit had Guhle, and Toronto had Necas, it could make sense. Or at least you could justify it.

Montreal isn’t trading Guhle for a forward anytime soon. If they did, they could be paying for it for a long time in that division. They’ll want to make sure Reinbacher and Hutson can play in the NHL, before it’s ever on the table. Especially Hutson.

Necas is interesting because sometimes you don’t get a good read into what Carolina ultimately thinks about him. Think we could see him traded, but it would likely be in a trade for an already experienced playoff type performer up front. Or even in a trade for a Konecny.

It would be surprising if they went this route but not crazy. They would have to make other decisions on their backend, before this trade would make sense for them to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad