LW/RW Jesper Bratt - London Knights, OHL (2016, 162nd, NJD)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A big part is that there really in't much negative to say about this kid
Yea he runs around sometimes and ends up out of position, but usually recovers quickly. Sometimes tries to do a bit much himself. That's about it...

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
When your primary quality is being defensively safe and sound, adding a few (!) points in your first couple of games in the NHL makes him look like a.. perfect player?
Well, he is tiny. I'm sure at some point players will start taking runs at him to try and throw him off his game.

Matt Martin tried and Henrique jumped in, which was good to see.

Reactions: monsieurthibz

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
He is a difference maker even on the 3rd line. He is a good player and will only get better.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
crazy how many people said how good he looked last night when yesterdays game was his lowest TOI of the season by quite a bit. Played only 11 mins(usually is around the 17 min mark) but obviously made a huge difference

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
crazy how many people said how good he looked last night when yesterdays game was his lowest TOI of the season by quite a bit. Played only 11 mins(usually is around the 17 min mark) but obviously made a huge difference
Had no power play time last night, which he had been getting. Was great on the PK though and had some really good 5 on 5 shifts.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
His biggest asset, IMO, is his vision allowing him to make slick passes in traffic and under pressure.

Just about every shift he pulls off slick passes to teammates through sticks or bodies catching them in stride.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
His ice time has been dropping in the last few games. It sounds like he's still been playing well but I wonder if there's a chance he gets sent to London?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
His ice time has been dropping in the last few games. It sounds like he's still been playing well but I wonder if there's a chance he gets sent to London?

I don't see it, at least not for a while. Maybe closer to the half-way mark so they avoid losing a year of his RFA status. But for now, despite getting less ice time he's still very effective.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't see it, at least not for a while. Maybe closer to the half-way mark so they avoid losing a year of his RFA status. But for now, despite getting less ice time he's still very effective.

I could see it when both Zajac and Boyle are back as it will start to get really crowded st forward st that point.

Until then I don’t see it either. He is still playing well.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Is Zacha ahead of Bratt at the moment? Where does Bratt figure into the lineup when Boyle and Zajac are back?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Is Zacha ahead of Bratt at the moment? Where does Bratt figure into the lineup when Boyle and Zajac are back?

Bratt and Zacha are together on the 3rd line, they're about even in my eyes. That's where things get difficult when those two get back. It looks like Trav may be back around December, which would be about the time that we could send Bratt down before losing that year of his RFA eligibility so it could line up well. It's tough to say right now. My heart tells me he stays in but we'll see.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
How can there even be a conversation in sending him down? He's beyond NHL ready...plays the game well in every aspect. You can play him on any line, any situation...he's a Jack of all trades.

Reactions: Callum

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Zacha has the benefit of being a C, so even with Zajac and Boyle, we would most likely move Henrique to wing for Zajac and keep Zacha at center. Henrique at wing does take a winger spot away, so that could be where the numbers start getting tough for Bratt. His ability to also play RW is big for him to stick all year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bratt offers things on ice beyond just points. He’s a pk and energy guy as well. Surprisingly tough and doesn’t shy away from contact. He can play an NHL game right now as was stated previously. Doesn’t mean he stays all year if both Zajac and Boyle return and the team is fortunate not to have anyone else injured for a long stretch. I think the OHL v AHL question remains a bit unsettled. Not sure OHL will do much for him but if it turns out he can play AHL and be called up if needed that might be the deciding factor along with whether he continues to get at least semi regular minutes. I guess the first milestone is the tenth game? If he is still in NJ it seems more likely he is there to stay at that point?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

For all those questioning, watch this and you'll understand why Bratt is going nowhere.

Wow did the Sharks look bad (and Bratt great there). I opened the video, kind of aimlessly watching and seeing PP in the corner of my eye......thought the Devils were on the PP.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Bratt is the Devils' best penalty killer at the age of 19, that's not a hyperbole either. He really should be getting more even strength minutes but in the time he does have on the ice he's still made a positive impact.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Bratt is the Devils' best penalty killer at the age of 19, that's not a hyperbole either. He really should be getting more even strength minutes but in the time he does have on the ice he's still made a positive impact.
It's hard to get more even strength ice time for a 19yo kid when the team loves to take penalties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad