LW/RW Jesper Bratt - London Knights, OHL (2016, 162nd, NJD)

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Can't find a thread for him so I thought I'd make one. Devils prospect who's making some noise at the summer showcase.

Considering this is a Swedish team with Rasmus Dahlin, Timothy Liljegren, Lias Anderson and Elias Pettersson among others on it, that is high, high praise.

He's playing with the London Knights this upcoming season. Definitely going to keep my eye on him.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Very excited to see how he does with the Knights. If he can transition to the right side and play in their top 6 that'd be a huge bonus for not only him but the Devils moving forward.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
People are sleeping on this player. Reports from Knights camp are that he looked extremely good and seems to be having a strong Devils camp. High Hockey IQ and a rare ability to create in traffic. Will be a force with Robert Thomas this season if they send him back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
People are sleeping on this player. Reports from Knights camp are that he looked extremely good and seems to be having a strong Devils camp. High Hockey IQ and a rare ability to create in traffic. Will be a force with Robert Thomas this season if they send him back.

He was very noticeable in a positive way during the prospect tournament, and again in the first preseason game.

It seems he is going to get a long look at camp this year too.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another very good game from Bratt. He's earning himself a taste in the NHL at this point and may have forced his way onto the opening night roster. I still expect him to end up in London though.

I'm really impressed that a 6th round pick from 2016 is playing like he looks ready.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Another very good game from Bratt. He's earning himself a taste in the NHL at this point and may have forced his way onto the opening night roster. I still expect him to end up in London though.

I'm really impressed that a 6th round pick from 2016 is playing like he looks ready.
He may play himself into the AHL. Since he wasn't drafted out of London, that is always an option. Look at Roslovic last year. Although, there could be issues in regards to the SHL/NHL transfer agreement that don't allow this option, because Roslovic was drafted out of a different league.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He may play himself into the AHL. Since he wasn't drafted out of London, that is always an option. Look at Roslovic last year. Although, there could be issues in regards to the SHL/NHL transfer agreement that don't allow this option, because Roslovic was drafted out of a different league.

NJ beat writer saying the AHL isn't being considered for Bratt. It is either NHL or London.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
How the hell did this kid slip to the 6th round? Was at the game tonight and what a player, I don't see one weakness in his game. Yet...lol

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He plays so much like Zach Parise. Unreal anticiptation, very shifty, great hands. He's been a revelation so far. One of our best players.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
He plays so much like Zach Parise. Unreal anticiptation, very shifty, great hands. He's been a revelation so far. One of our best players.

That's not a bad comparison at all, and his shot might be better too. I hope someone made a clip on him on the PK and just being a force, it's worth watching.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That's not a bad comparison at all, and his shot might be better too. I hope someone made a clip on him on the PK and just being a force, it's worth watching.

Speak of the Bratt, Cordell just posted this. What a shift

lol guess we all saw that tweet

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Maybe the "London Knights" in the title was premature.

He may not even suit up for London at this rate

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Maybe the "London Knights" in the title was premature.

He may not even suit up for London at this rate

That would certainly be something and a man can dream. But he'll probably get 9 games, maybe sit for a few and then get sent back down. I mean if he keeps this up then sure, he'll make the jump right away but I don't want to jump the gun here.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
That would certainly be something and a man can dream. But he'll probably get 9 games, maybe sit for a few and then get sent back down. I mean if he keeps this up then sure, he'll make the jump right away but I don't want to jump the gun here.

He's earned those nine games, you have to reward young players who have standout camps.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
K honestly what are the chances he sticks this season. Taking into consideration 1 way contract situations and all that type of stuff. Is there a open spot for him? Does he need to beat out a veteran on a 1 way deal? Sorry i am just very intrigued by this guy and dont follow NJ too much.

I love hearing these types of fairy tail stories each preseason and am curious if he is the real deal or just a flash in the pan like all teams have every preseason.... Im curious to know!!!... If he is the real deal that is quite impressive to add him to already a good youth pool!!

Edit- sorry in the time i wrote this some above comments were written by NJ fans

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
K honestly what are the chances he sticks this season. Taking into consideration 1 way contract situations and all that type of stuff. Is there a open spot for him? Does he need to beat out a veteran on a 1 way deal? Sorry i am just very intrigued by this guy and dont follow NJ too much.

I love hearing these types of fairy tail stories each preseason and am curious if he is the real deal or just a flash in the pan like all teams have every preseason.... Im curious to know!!!... If he is the real deal that is quite impressive to add him to already a good youth pool!!

It's tough with prospects. Identifying who's the real deal when they're so young is difficult. With that said, I do believe Bratt is the real deal. I've had high hopes for him for a while now. The only surprising thing to me is how quickly it looks like he's ready for the NHL. I don't think he'll stick around for the entire season but he's earned 9 games and could potentially earn more if this level of play is the norm.

As far as competition goes, he plays the left side which is somewhat competitive but due to Zajac's injury one of the guys that was originally pegged to be a left wing will probably be a center, like Zacha and/or Henrique. Besides, competition only goes so far considering he's been one of the Devils player this entire pre-season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Edit- sorry in the time i wrote this some above comments were written by NJ fans

I mean the expectation going into camp was he would go back to London and be expected to put up some very big numbers. His stock was already rising about typical 6th rounder status before camp.

The thing that really stands out is how poised he has looked on defense and on the PK.

It usually doesn't mean a whole lot when a prospect goes into a camp and flashes some offensive skill because they usually end up being really irresponsible defensively and need more seasoning as a result.

Bratt right now is doing it all. He absolutely earned the 9 game look. After that? There aren't really many open LW spots on the Devils this year, so if he stays it will be because he legit earned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad