LW/RW Jesper Bratt - London Knights, OHL (2016, 162nd, NJD)

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
The most impressive thing is that he never makes a bad decision with the puck. His skill level is just insane, but his iq is superb

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
His skill level is so high. That alone would have made him a NHL draft pick. His overall game is what is surprising me.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
human highlight reel...all three of those plays tonight are amazing for a veteran NHLer let alone a 19-year old rookie. Wow.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The only players with more points than Bratt from the 2016 draft are Auston Matthews, Patrik Laine, Jacob Chychrun, and Clayton Keller.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
He really hasn’t had a bad game yet. I don’t understand this at all but I’m rolling with it

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Wow, 6th rounder! Zetterberg was a 5th rounder, just saying! Great for Devils, has been exitement and belief since the lottery win!

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Exciting player. Love the way he plays. Don't think he breaks 40 points this year despite his production so far. 4 goals on 10 shots. He averages a SOG a game. Unless he starts shooting more.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, 6th rounder! Zetterberg was a 5th rounder, just saying! Great for Devils, has been exitement and belief since the lottery win!
He's obviously a very different player in a lot of ways, but it's not a totally crazy comparison. Two smaller Swedish forwards with excellent IQ, high end skill, great work ethics, and very strong 2-way play.

Bratt is more of a shifty speedster, Zetterberg more of a methodical puck protector, but still, not a nuts comparison. Super impressed by Bratt, I think he has legit star potential.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He's obviously a very different player in a lot of ways, but it's not a totally crazy comparison. Two smaller Swedish forwards with excellent IQ, high end skill, great work ethics, and very strong 2-way play.

Bratt is more of a shifty speedster, Zetterberg more of a methodical puck protector, but still, not a nuts comparison. Super impressed by Bratt, I think he has legit star potential.
Zetterberg is 6ft and 200pds.

I know it might be influenced by the obscure #63 thing but Bratt (with the puck) reminds me a lot of Marchand in the elusive tight turns and super effective forechecking. Obviously Marchand has the agitator element and a better shot but there are style similarities there and their size (part of their style) matches up much better.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Exciting player. Love the way he plays. Don't think he breaks 40 points this year despite his production so far. 4 goals on 10 shots. He averages a SOG a game. Unless he starts shooting more.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm still sticking by my original 30+ point prediction, which is an incredible season for a 19 year old 6th rounder, but he has the ability to score more. He's not a big goal scorer and I don't think he ever will be, because he's definitely not a volume shooter. He has 4 goals on 10 shots because when he's shooting they are very high quality chances, otherwise he almost always passes to someone who is open.
Zetterberg was a 7th rounder, 210 overall.
Zetterberg broke into the NHL at 22. You can make style comparisons with Bratt, but it's pretty much impossible to make situation comparisons because 19 year old late round picks don't make the NHL and they definitely aren't impact players.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

If he keeps playing with Taylor Hall he might. Hall is playing great and the two of them seem to have some good chemistry.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Devils got a steal here. High IQ with a motor and skill. How does a kid like this fall to the 6th round is what boggles my mind. When you watch him play it's like how can the scouts miss someone with skill like this.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Devils got a steal here. High IQ with a motor and skill. How does a kid like this fall to the 6th round is what boggles my mind. When you watch him play it's like how can the scouts miss someone with skill like this.
That's what I'm wondering as well. I definitely had never heard of him before the draft but you'd imagine the scouts would be all over a skillset like this. The draft was only a year ago.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This was posted the other day on the Devils board, but it's Bratt winning a prospect shootout competition then tying Peter Forsberg from 2013. His hands are really good for a 14 or 15 year old. His first shot is at the 1:19 mark, the rest of the video is him shooting every other time. Not sure how a guy with his skill set at this age didn't get drafted earlier, even with his mediocre production and consistency/confidence issues.

Reactions: HBK27

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
This was posted the other day on the Devils board, but it's Bratt winning a prospect shootout competition then tying Peter Forsberg from 2013. His hands are really good for a 14 or 15 year old. His first shot is at the 1:19 mark, the rest of the video is him shooting every other time. Not sure how a guy with his skill set at this age didn't get drafted earlier, even with his mediocre production and consistency/confidence issues.

I look at Bratt's resume. Then I look at Tedenby's. And I really don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad