LW Michael Dal Colle (2014, 5th, NYI)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
After today's game Dal Colles updated stats with Kingston

20gp 21g 20a 41pts +20

Pretty damn good and well balanced. Goals and assists. He's seems to be producing in scoring goals and setting them up!!!

His overall season stats inuding his Oshawa games are

50gp 29g 37a 66pts +7.

Fair to say he has def resurrected his season. Better to start slow and finish strong than the other way around.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Goal and 2 assists today, he is now 22 Games - 22 Goals - 22 Assists since the trade

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Unreal!!! Too bad he didn't get traded to Kingson sooner!!! He's scoring at a goal per game and an assist per game for them in over 20 games. That's just fantastic

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Really happy to see Dal Colle rediscovering his game. I've always liked him ever since he favourited my tweet about a year ago. I think he can be a great player in a few years.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Always knew he was too damn good to be putting up the stats he was this year in Oshawa. Glad he's found his game again.

jayck

Aug 5, 2013
Montreal
Can't wait to see how he'll perform with the pros next year!
I still think he will follow the same path as Strome.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
It was only a matter of time before his talent started to produce numbers. Hopefully he continues his upward trajectory from here on out.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Still very excited to see what he does on JT's wing. Seems like their styles are perfect for each other.

Personally I think Beauvillier would be the perfect fit on JT's LW. Constant motor, great skater, sniper. I think he'd benefit Tavares more than Dal Colle - even when he's not scoring. That said, Dal Colle wouldn't be a bad choice by any means.

Can't wait to see how he'll perform with the pros next year!
I still think he will follow the same path as Strome.

I think that's the way the Isles want to do it with their top guys, which is how they've been doing it since the Nino situation. The only guy who, IMO, has a shot to bypass the AHL is Barzal. He's just so damn talented, I can see him making it impossible for them to send him down as early as next Training Camp.

Regarding MDC, a year or so in Bridgeport wouldn't hurt. He'll be making the jump with Ho-Sang, so he'll have someone with some talent to play with.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
9 points in 2 games(after going pointless in the first game). Seems like he is really putting the beating to his former team.

I am starting to think Kingston might actually make it to the Memorial Cup(although London and Erie might have something to say about that)

Seems like he really turned his game around since the trade

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
So pumped to see Dal Colle be the player we all knew he was capable of being. The trade to Kingston was great!!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So pumped to see Dal Colle be the player we all knew he was capable of being. The trade to Kingston was great!!

Yeah I wanted him to go to Erie but this is a much better fit. I figured he would play second fiddle to Crouse on Kingston but it seems like they found a way to use both

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah I wanted him to go to Erie but this is a much better fit. I figured he would play second fiddle to Crouse on Kingston but it seems like they found a way to use both
Crouse isn't an elite scorer, or playmaker, it was clear Dal Colle would be put in the lead play making role in Kingston, promising that he has bounced back. Depending on Okposo and his camp, I could see him up at some point next year. On his 2 rumored preferred destinations, Erie and London it would of been interesting. Erie he probably drives the 2nd line with 1st line pp minute, on Londo he does the same or they do a 1A/1B line with him on one of Marner and Dvorak's line with Tkachuk on the other. What he did with Kingston was great, and a bit off what the elite benchmarks for 19 year olds in the OHL are (Wolski, Schremp, Perry, Marc Savard and Dvorak this year)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The highlights I've seen show Dal Colle's playmaking has really developed. He's more than just a sniper.

Little passes that aren't necessarily going to wow you, but are evident that his IQ fo the game is just simply high end. Hopefully he really works on his skating and 200ft game because I think his play style and skillset will mesh well with Tavares.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
9 points in 3 games. Dal Colle is proving to be quite a playoff warrior. I know I called Kingston as my team that may make it out of the OHL to the memorial cup. Would be something to see if Dal Colle can pull off the daily double. Pick is starting to look good again, something people were concerned of earlier this season.

Can see him being magical with Barzal and JT one day. Like his versatility of being able to play C or W too.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
If Kingston wins the Memorial Cup (since they seem like legit contenders), that would be MDC's second. How many players have won it with two different teams? At face value that seems like it would be an amazing accomplishment.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I still think this guy will not do well at NHL level, but he is impressing me and making me re-think that.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Kingston wins the Memorial Cup (since they seem like legit contenders), that would be MDC's second. How many players have won it with two different teams? At face value that seems like it would be an amazing accomplishment.

That would be quite interesting. That would be like pulling the Peyton Manning of CHL Hockey. :)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That would be quite interesting. That would be like pulling the Peyton Manning of CHL Hockey. :)
Would be Jake Coker, backup on 2013 Florida State and starter on Bama this year. Though Dal Colle was key on Kingston, just both have limited time to do it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yep, it would be a nice story if Dal Colle picked up the daily double as I coined it earlier today. Back to back Memorial Cups. Makes one wonder, with his big game ability, Team Canada could have used him this WJC.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Looking at his stats - 30games with the Gens, looks like a typical 3rd or 4th liner - not much of a future. 30games with the Fronts, looks like a legit 1st liner - future is bright.

Scored more than 3 times the amount of goals and more than double the points; in the same amount of games.

As a Gens fan, it's hard not to be skeptical. After the mem cup run - talking with people, we had him as a minimal reason to our success (despite the pts - if you know the run, that makes a ton of sense) He was given the keys to the team this year, and couldn't step into a 'the guy' role.

I am not a die hard Gens fans, so I won't consider myself a biased, angered fan at his lack of production and spike after the trade. But assessing the player, it's tough.

He has the tools, But I think he definitely has some mental issues that prevents him from being any more than complimentary on a strong roster. However, when you have someone like Tavares - it wont be tough to fit in. I am really interested to see how he transitions to pro ; he is a very tough player to gauge.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Looking at his stats - 30games with the Gens, looks like a typical 3rd or 4th liner - not much of a future. 30games with the Fronts, looks like a legit 1st liner - future is bright.

Scored more than 3 times the amount of goals and more than double the points; in the same amount of games.

As a Gens fan, it's hard not to be skeptical. After the mem cup run - talking with people, we had him as a minimal reason to our success (despite the pts - if you know the run, that makes a ton of sense) He was given the keys to the team this year, and couldn't step into a 'the guy' role.

I am not a die hard Gens fans, so I won't consider myself a biased, angered fan at his lack of production and spike after the trade. But assessing the player, it's tough.

He has the tools, But I think he definitely has some mental issues that prevents him from being any more than complimentary on a strong roster. However, when you have someone like Tavares - it wont be tough to fit in. I am really interested to see how he transitions to pro ; he is a very tough player to gauge.

I see it the same way. I also see Tkachuk as the 2016 draft equivalent. Basically a perfect complimentary player, but doesn't have the hockey IQ to really drive his own offence. More of a right place at the right time type of guy. A JVR-type for example. Lucky for him, however, he is going to be in NYI with many talented players to drive his line.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I see it the same way. I also see Tkachuk as the 2016 draft equivalent. Basically a perfect complimentary player, but doesn't have the hockey IQ to really drive his own offence. More of a right place at the right time type of guy. A JVR-type for example. Lucky for him, however, he is going to be in NYI with many talented players to drive his line.

I really like this response - actually puts things into perspective with the player.
I like Tkachuk, but it is safe to say he will have big drop in production (I doubt similar to MDC's in Oshawa, but still significant) if/when Dvorak and Marner leave. By no means am I slagging the player, or saying he is a product.

It doesn't mean that type of player is not useful, or not NHL calibre. They are, what they are. A compliment to a big time center and can easily be the straw that stirs the drink. They need to find a niche. Someone like Kunitz has pride himself on being a niche player (credit to him). If you are expecting these types to drive a line, step up when going gets tough and do anything more than complimentary - you will likely be disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad