LW Michael Dal Colle (2014, 5th, NYI)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
6.02, 171, Jun. 20, 1996

9129656.jpg

Good size, 6pts in 6 games to this point, +12. Any scouting reports on this kid?

Last edited by a moderator:

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Certainly off to a better start than I expected but not surprised either. Haven't seen a Oshawa game this year yet so I can't comment on how he's looked this year.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
watched him live last night. He looks great with Biggs and Jenner, uses his size and skill to play their cycle game. Has great patience with the puck and has very slick play making skills, very un selfish player.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Great playmaker. Really knows how to make use of all 4 other guys on the ice with him. Excellent patience as well.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
He's been excellent thus far. Flown under the radar and is really looking good with Jenner and Biggs. And no, his success isn't a by product of playing with those two, he's actually just very good.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
From yesterday's chat with Craig Button

"Hello Craig, is there anyone on the horizon that could be considered the "next great Canadian power forward" in the mold of a Lindros, Neely, Iginla, etc. (I know it's tough to project long term, just want your opinion). Thank you."
"Great is hard to identify. In this year's draft, I really like Kerby Rychel as a power forward prospect but I don't see anybody in the category of Lindros, Neely and Iginla in this year's draft. Going forward, I would suggest that Michael Del Colle in Oshawa could be that player. Time will tell."

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
He is the real deal.. He is out their in all situations and has a rocket for a shot. He is going to be a special player.

Coming from a belleville fan...

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
I thought he looked really tired this weekened, kitchener was a tough game on the entire team. He made a few really bad and unforced turnovers, also had some good passes through the neutral zone. His forecheck for the most part was fast and physical. Had some good shots on net sunday night. Havent watched saturdays game yet

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
The kid just had a four point game. I saw him on Friday vs Guelph and he was impressive. Has great size for his age, wouldn't be surprised if he topped out around 6'4". I'm betting he is a top 10 selection in 2014.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
He is a really good player....

played in all situations, has adapted quickly and not looked out of place at all, which is scary.

Give him a full year and he will gain the confidence to dominate this league. Sky is the limit for this kid.

He will be the Generals top center when Jenner leaves; seems strong on the draws when Boone gets kicked.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I've been following him for a couple years, We're the same age and I would seem him play in the local arenas. The kid was an absolute stud in the GTHL Midget AAA loop, was probably the third most talented player in the league (Behind Mcdavid and Ho Sang). I've always liked his style, unlike Ho Sang, he was always willing to distribute the puck, and play a team game, even though he was head and shoulders above his team mates. I believe this kid will adjust well at any level, as he is a smart player with boatloads of raw skill. I see him as a possible threat to go in the top 5 - 10 in the 2014 draft.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Dal Colle is an extremely smart hockey player. The way he has transitioned to the OHL shows how smart he is. He has good size. He is not super fast but it doesnt seem to matter because the puck seems to follow him around. He seems to have great intuition on the ice, anticipating what will happen next. His positioning is excellent. He has incredible patience and a high panic tolerance. I was a tad worried about his skating technique last year but it does not seem to matter at all. He makes decisions on the ice that well exceed his age. Dal Colle always played huge in big games for his vaughn kings team. If the Generals make the playoffs, watch for him to shine with the pressure and not disappear. Last i checked he was the highest scoring 96' birth in the OHL along with Blake Clarke. As of right now he looks like a future 1st rounder in the NHL.

member 147413

Big fan of this kid, I've been to a couple Gens games this year and have seen about 5 others on TV.

He's definitely skilled and a smart positional player, he's occasional makes rookie mistakes by trying to get too fancy, but he's only 16...

I like what the Gens are doing by introducing him to the CHL by playing him with two other big skilled guys (Jenner, Biggs) to help him gain some confidence. When Jenner is gone he'll take over the #1 center spot and put up some points. The Gens would be smart to pair him with Lessio and Uvira next season cause Biggs and Jenner will both most likely be gone...

Positives:

-Big frame

-High hockey IQ

-Great hands

-Good board play

-Good accuracy

Negatives:

-Work on his explosiveness/overall skating

-Add more muscle

-Quicker release

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Big fan of this kid, I've been to a couple Gens games this year and have seen about 5 others on TV.

He's definitely skilled and a smart positional player, he's occasional makes rookie mistakes by trying to get too fancy, but he's only 16...

I like what the Gens are doing by introducing him to the CHL by playing him with two other big skilled guys (Jenner, Biggs) to help him gain some confidence. When Jenner is gone he'll take over the #1 center spot and put up some points. The Gens would be smart to pair him with Lessio and Uvira next season cause Biggs and Jenner will both most likely be gone...

Positives:

-Big frame

-High hockey IQ

-Great hands

-Good board play

-Good accuracy

Negatives:

-Work on his explosiveness/overall skating

-Add more muscle

-Quicker release

You think Lessio is gonna stay for his overage year?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think Biggs and Jenner might be attributing to his stats thus far, those two can clear a lot of ice for him with their bodies. Looking great so far though, hopefully he continues.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Really like what I'm seeing with this kid. Tall and rangy, will only get better as he fills out. He looks to be more of a playmaker than a goalscorer and I dont really see him being a physical force in the mold of a Neely/Iginla etc as Button had mentioned. I see him being more similar to an Eric Staal type of player.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
I think Biggs and Jenner might be attributing to his stats thus far, those two can clear a lot of ice for him with their bodies. Looking great so far though, hopefully he continues.

Works both ways, his play has helped them greatly. I've seen probably 80% of generals games this year and he's certainly not being carried by the other two. He makes a lot happen by himself

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto

Yes and no. His hockey sense has allowed him to play on that line and that says enough about him as a 16 year old. He plays a really complete game, he works well with Boone off the rush as he usually slows down and looks for the pass

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Michael dal Colle (2014 draft)

Where is he expected to go? In a mock I saw him at #2 overall, ahead of Ekblad.

How is he expected to do this season?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Could be a possible top 10 talent for sure. The OHL is absolutely loaded this coming year with potential top picks.

He's a budding power forward who is already a complete player.

There are a couple of interesting things that we'll have to follow next year...

1) Does he return to his natural position of center after playing the wing as a rookie? The Generals could be losing both Boone Jenner and Scott Laughton next year (if Laughton cracks the NHL full time), which would create that opening for him to return to center. However, the Generals will also be incredibly weak on the wings with Lessio, Biggs, and Sabourin gone. Tough call for Oshawa.

2) Just how good can Oshawa be? They will be losing a LOT of talent off their roster and probably won't be half as good as they were last year. This is especially true if they lose Laughton too. Can Dal Colle step up and be that guy who leads Oshawa to a playoff spot despite a lackluster roster?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This guy is one of my favourite players.

When I saw him at the OHL Cup for Minor Midgets a year ago, he was probably the guy I liked the most apart from McDavid.

I'd be absolutely thrilled to get him in an NHL draft and I honestly think he will one day be a first line player in the NHL.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
He's a really good player. Watched him quite a bit this year, I see him easily going top 10, maybe even top 5, but it will be interesting to see how he does next year, as Brock mentioned above, the Generals are losing most of their top talent, so Dal Colle is going to be relied heavily on for generating a good deal of Oshawa's offense.

In the NHL, he's got all the tools to be a first line player. Whoever drafts him next year will be getting one hell of a player who can be a leader on the team and play in all situations. It's gonna be a great draft for the OHL next year (Ekblad, Dal Colle, Ritchie, Clarke, Goldoin, McKeown, McCann, Ho-Sang, Mistele, Middleton, DeAngelo, etc...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad