LW Michael Dal Colle (2014, 5th, NYI)

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
A good ol Woodbridge kid. A Leaf hoping he's an absolute beast. I'll be rooting for him.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Kinda sad. Just won the memorial cup - given the C and got bored?
I can buy it - IMO I think he wasn't and never will be up to the task of being 'the' guy on a team. He is a passenger that needs others to do the leg work, will put up the pts. and be a stat dream. Watch the whole body of work, and you really see the player he is. I haven't watched in Kingston (only looked at the stats, probably like most), but can picture it being similar to Oshawa during the run - put up pts. but would never consider him a direct impact on the teams success. (odd considering the amount of pts he did have, but true)

Good for him, I really liked him pre-draft - talked him up huge. But for a kid in this early of development to show odd character warts like boring on a team? we'll see how it translates when he is dropped into the ocean of professional hockey. I am eager to see his progression - I truly hope he has turned a corner and becomes complete,he does have the tools.

Yeah, considering that was a guess from an HF poster, I wouldn't read too far into that reasoning.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
What the hell happened to him? I've read previously that he had issues at the beginning of the year in Oshawa, but did it have anything to do with.. being in Oshawa? (i.e. is he away from his "problems"?)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is the Dal Colle we all know and love. Team canada must hate him for not showing up in their camps.

He hasn't looked great in the isles camps either. Maybe he's just one of those guys that needs to be in real action?

Anyway, glad to see he's doing so well in Kingston. Does anyone know if Dougie Gilmour attends team practices and helps out? That would be awesome.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Where would he go if this was his draft year?

Based on this season or the year he had in his draft year?

Anywhere from5-10

This years draft is really good.

Players that would def go before him

Matthews
Laine
Puljaravri

Most likely

Chychrun

More likely
Tkachak

Maybe

Dubois
Gauthier
Juolevi

So I think anyway

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Oshawa also lost their coach, D.J. Smith so I wouldn't be surprised if that had a play in Dal Colle's struggles in Oshawa early this season. Maybe confusion with the system, and lost a lot of teammates.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Based on this season or the year he had in his draft year?

Anywhere from5-10

This years draft is really good.

Players that would def go before him

Matthews
Laine
Puljaravri

Most likely

Chychrun

More likely
Tkachak

Maybe

Dubois
Gauthier
Juolevi

So I think anyway
Nylander prolly falls under more likely and McLeod, Sergachev and Keller under maybe.

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
What the hell happened to him? I've read previously that he had issues at the beginning of the year in Oshawa, but did it have anything to do with.. being in Oshawa? (i.e. is he away from his "problems"?)

I think it's probably a mix of things. Memorial cup hangover, poor teammates, pressures of captaincy etc.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I love Keller and I think he is worthy of top10 but I think teams won't pick that high because of Size.
I think a lot whether he cracks top 10 will depend on the U-18. He could easily be the best player there and improve his stock, right now he's in that 7-12 bubble.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think he lost a lot of confidence in training camp with the Isles and that naturally carried over to Oshawa and WJC camp. Coming into camp, it sounded like he really thought he had a chance of cracking the squad and I think getting sent back before Barzal (2015 draftee) sort of caught him by surprise. I don't think his problems stemmed from lack of character like some are speculating in this thread. Dal Colle's got a good head on his shoulders.

jayck

Aug 5, 2013
Montreal
I just hope he continu that way! A session with Gary Roberts this summer would be something good for him to be ready for the pro next year IMO

In this years draft, I think he would be at the same level of Matt Tkachuk. Despite his wrong start of the season, Dal Colle always had tremendous stats. Yes he played in good teams but Cole Cassels and Mike McCarron are not Christian Dvorak or Mtch Marner!!!

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I think a lot whether he cracks top 10 will depend on the U-18. He could easily be the best player there and improve his stock, right now he's in that 7-12 bubble.

He can be the best player at the U-18s and there still isn't a chance he goes in the top 10. It just won't happen. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's available after 20.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just hope he continu that way! A session with Gary Roberts this summer would be something good for him to be ready for the pro next year IMO

In this years draft, I think he would be at the same level of Matt Tkachuk. Despite his wrong start of the season, Dal Colle always had tremendous stats. Yes he played in good teams but Cole Cassels and Mike McCarron are not Christian Dvorak or Mtch Marner!!!

The talent is there for Dal Colle, he still needs to get significantly bigger/stronger to compete in the NHL. He also needs to work on his skating. Unless he rediscovers the Captain America serum this summer, he won't be NHL ready next season. I think he spends at least a year in the AHL before having a chance at a roster spot with the Isles.

I think Dal Colle trains at the ATC in Mississauga with Tavares and several other Isles like Strome, Cizikas. The short summer last year probably didn't help MDC in regards to training. Hopefully he'll be working with Tavares' skating coach Dawn Braid to improve his skating.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Well he's still rolling along at 2+ points per game since his trade to Kingston. There are only 4 other players in OHL that are producing at that rate. The kid has size, great offensive instincts and an elite ****. He's going to be just fine. Hockey Canada should have given him the benefit of the doubt this year.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Well he's still rolling along at 2+ points per game since his trade to Kingston. There are only 4 other players in OHL that are producing at that rate. The kid has size, great offensive instincts and an elite ****. He's going to be just fine. Hockey Canada should have given him the benefit of the doubt this year.

Would have loved him to be on Team Canada but you can see why he was left off. Was having an off year to start the season and didn't stand out in camp.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dal Colle's updated stats WITH Kingston

18gp 20g 17a 37pts +16

Fair to say he's out of his funk and finally playing to his potential after a rough start to the year. The trade to Kingston has been great for him.

TheDangler*

Dal Colle's updated stats WITH Kingston

18gp 20g 17a 37pts +16

Fair to say he's out of his funk and finally playing to his potential after a rough start to the year. The trade to Kingston has been great for him.

Yeah he's been having a solid year. I seen too many people in various fantasy leagues give up on him and hand him away for nothing. I have him on 1 team and get ridiculous trade offers all the time. Like him for a 5th, or last year him for Simon Gagne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad