London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I will say this they're still considered officials just "off ice officials" and are covered under that rule. That being said the old man initiated the problem. If the referee had a problem while what Humphrey said to them they would have made the call as they have a fee times this series
The way I seen it, it was the old man doing the abuse by slamming the door on Humphrey's arm and pointing his finger right in Ryan's face while mouthing off at him. All Ryan really did is told the old man off for trying to hurt him and loudly mouthed back the same way in response. Where was Ryan's abuse I wondered.

Reactions: zman77

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
What's the penalty for abuse of an official , apparently in London there is none.
Ummm. If I'm not mistaken that game was in PBO. And also not sure if off-ice officials are covered by the "abuse of an official rule" but of you do have any concerns please contact the PEAPN.
Btw, welcome to the double digit post club.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Spearing's head, containing a broken jaw, targeted and struck. No penalty. Beck out two games for slew foot. Nuff said.​

Reactions: howler2

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Spearing's head, containing a broken jaw, targeted and struck. No penalty. Beck out two games for slew foot. Nuff said.​
So what is the problem here ptbopete ?

Shoulders square elbows down prior to contact with a controlled force hit I see nothing the matter here, other then having one left foot off the ice and a push with his arms to separate himself from Spearing. Normal hit for normal play other then the receiving player playing contact sport with a broken jaw, if he has no broken jaw this play never comes to question or makes into your post.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So what is the problem here ptbopete ?

Shoulders square elbows down prior to contact with a controlled force hit I see nothing the matter here, other than having one left foot off the ice and a push with his arms to separate himself from Spearing. Normal hit for normal play other than the receiving player playing contact sport with a broken jaw, if he has no broken jaw this play never comes to question or makes into your post.
Clearly shoulder to head first contact then follow through with arm pasting Spearing’s head to the glass. And it appears that not just the left foot, but both feet left the ice if that matters.

Reactions: howler2

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Clearly shoulder to head first contact then follow through with arm pasting Spearing’s head to the glass. And it appears that not just the left foot, but both feet left the ice if that matters.
Clearly not, look at the stair ramp behind his head as he lower himself down before he got hit and don't let tv camera angle deceive you buddy the hit was left shoulder to left shoulder not the head. How far back his head would have snap, see his arm along side and pass his face not on it above Spearing left shoulder. You don't make call on appearances at this level either he did or didn't, and again clearly only the left foot came off the ice

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yes, ref botched the call.
A bit surprising where it occurred and that it almost had to happen. The choice between allowing Spearing to make any play that uplifted the Petes vs taking the injured Petes captain right out of the game while angering, concerning, demoralizing the Petes was an easy one imo.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Clearly not, look at the stair ramp behind his head as he lower himself down before he got hit and don't let tv camera angle deceive you buddy the hit was left shoulder to left shoulder not the head. You don't make call on appearances at this level either he did or didn't, and again clearly only the left foot came off the ice
And Barkey should have received embellishment and equipment violation penalties while Beck should have went unpenalized, right?

what's wrong with that hit?...Head was not initial point of contact. Shoulder Square. How tall is Spearing?...Federkow is 5 foot 10 and both feet are still planted. Is Spearing 4 foot 6?. He ducked to try to avoid contact.

1684670824870.png

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
And Barkey should have received embellishment and equipment violation penalties while Beck should have went unpenalized, right?
I don't know what you are talking about, every infraction are on it's merits, perhaps the speed of the attacking hit had something to do with it.

We were talking about Federkow's shoulder hit on Spearing's shoulder, if you are not happy with the outcome just message Rob Wilson and ask him if he would to send the video to the league for further review

what's wrong with that hit?...Head was not initial point of contact. Shoulder Square. How tall is Spearing?...Federkow is 5 foot 10 and both feet are still planted. Is Spearing 4 foot 6?. He ducked to try to avoid contact.

View attachment 711028
Exactly ! Thank You!!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
what about it? What's Federkow supposed to do?...duck to the same level? It's a clean hit and wasn't penalized because it was a clean hit. The player being hit has to take some responsibility here and not duck into a prone position
It’s a clean hit to the head. For a person that consistently points out ignorance…
I could fully agree about players being responsible for being aware of blind side hits and when knocked out by incidental or secondary head contact. And I can agree that every one should have known Spearing’s head would be targeted. It was even suggested on this board that if Spearing plays, target the injury.

• Haha
Reactions: Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad