London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
London played far tighter defensively. No breakaways, no odd man rushes. The Petes werent getting shots from the slot on rushes. The Knights were blocking shots and clearing rebounds. You know, defense.

The Petes got maybe a half dozen Grade A scoring chances all game. The goaltending choice made the team far more responsible in their own end.

Not to diminish Wilmores game, he played well, but it helps when the team in front of you plays like that.

Last edited:
London played far tighter defensively. No breakaways, no odd man rushes. The Petes werent getting shots from the slot on rushes. The Knights were blocking shots and clearing rebounds. You know, defense.

The Petes got maybe a half dozen Grade A scoring chances all game. The goaltending choice made the team far more responsible in their own end.

Not to diminish Wilmores game, he played well, but it helps when the team in front of you plays like that.
Agreed. Willy is full marks for the win, but he had a lot of help. The Knights play that way the entire series thus far...they're already resting this week for the Memorial Cup

What are you taliking about, they were nervous as heck, but it also made them more defensive minded. There were a lot of mental errors by the team, but in the end they came out with the big win and this is what matters
Agreed...the boys looked VERY chaotic in their own end trying to cover any possible high scoring area.....but...They did it. It's not how you do it....just do it. Willy looked very poised in goal. Cheers on his win for sure. Anything that can build a bit of confidence.

Last edited:

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
He put himself in the position to be hit. I can't understand why he was whining so much. If you're that hurt...don't play.
Yeah, and he was maybe a bit lucky not to get into trouble tugging at the referee’s arm during the stoppage. I didn’t have a great view of the hit but it seemed fine at first glance.

Yeah, and he was maybe a bit lucky not to get into trouble tugging at the referee’s arm during the stoppage. I didn’t have a great view of the hit but it seemed fine at first glance.
It was a clean hard hit from my seat. Good on the officials for fluffing him off. I get your jaw is broken...but you decided to chance it. He looked really pathetic trying to get their attention

Reactions: Knights77

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Soooo, in the OHL final are teams allowed to fly????

The late TSN game Sunday would mean the bus back to London could come in around 3AM, if they fly charter they could be in their own beds by 12:30.

I can’t find the specific travel directive.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Also, it was shameful to put Spearing in the game that showed absolutely no care for player wellbeing. Sure he wanted to play but the coach has to look out for the players best interest.

Coaches also made an error not pulling Simpson earlier for the extra man and Becks slewfoot was so dumb…. It’s the little cuts that kill you…. Knights in 7!

cub

Apr 11, 2012
What are you taliking about, they were nervous as heck, but it also made them more defensive minded. There were a lot of mental errors by the team, but in the end they came out with the big win and this is what matters

this goalie gave the team confidence to play their defensive systems, errors were not a factor because goalie was able to do his job in cover for them.

Reactions: Knights77

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

The late TSN game Sunday would mean the bus back to London could come in around 3AM, if they fly charter they could be in their own beds by 12:30.

Teams are allowed to fly, but I don't know if the Knights will. Knights (Team of the Century 2005) flew to Ottawa for the Finals.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Different London team last night, Blocking shots, clogging up the middle. Never did this in previous 4 games. If di, Bowen woudl still be in. If Beck is gone, series is over. Petes dont have the players.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Are we talking of the same game Otto, you say Bolland got a match penalty for kicking. I am thinking in 2006 playoffs but maybe I am wrong.

Hope you are getting all your strenght back and life is returning to normal again for you, keep the high spirit !!!
Yes, Bolland 2006 playoffs against Owen Sound

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

In QMJHL teams shares the same plane, no teams can have advantage over the others when it comes to transportation by air, or they have to commute by train or bus. Les Foreurs de Val d'Or used to have free flights provided by one of their sponsors "Air Creebec", the league put a new rule in place after the 2014-15 season, due to other team complaints coming out of Val d'Or advantages of their 2014 President Cup winning series.. Now teams playing each others must either fly or bus, when flying they share the cost by flying on the same plane.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Different London team last night, Blocking shots, clogging up the middle. Never did this in previous 4 games. If di, Bowen woudl still be in. If Beck is gone, series is over. Petes dont have the players.

Beck already got off with a wrist slap for the head check on Barkey. If he gets away with this one as well, there is clearly something wrong!

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
So if have read my posts you would know Im more of a " gotta play throuh bad reffing" types. But last night was on a whole different level at times.

Second game in series we've heard a Ref U Suck chant. Im amazed the ushers (aka fun police) didn't clear the building. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad