London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Yes, Bolland 2006 playoffs against Owen Sound
I remember that game. The penalty was Bolland's after an altercation with Mike Angeletis, behind the net. Bolland was on his knees, shielding the puck, when Angeletis came in from behind, and tried to push Bolland forward. Bolland reacted with a "mule kick" backward motion, and was penalized for kicking. It wasn't a kick in the way one would normally expect.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I remember that game. The penalty was Bolland's after an altercation with Mike Angeletis, behind the net. Bolland was on his knees, shielding the puck, when Angeletis came in from behind, and tried to push Bolland forward. Bolland reacted with a "mule kick" backward motion, and was penalized for kicking. It wasn't a kick in the way one would normally expect.
The joke at the time was Bolland kicked him in the Cangeletis

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Humphrey berates an official ON live Tv and it's just a funny incident and gets nothing...Beck gets 2 games. I expect Branch will be on the bench with Dale next game !
So.. you think words are more dangerous than a slew foot? How many games do you think Humphrey should get? How many for the official?

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Are we talking of the same game Otto, you say Bolland got a match penalty for kicking. I am thinking in 2006 playoffs but maybe I am wrong.

Hope you are getting all your strenght back and life is returning to normal again for you, keep the high spirit !!!
Bolland kicked him right in the Cangelidis.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Humphrey berates an official ON live Tv and it's just a funny incident and gets nothing...Beck gets 2 games. I expect Branch will be on the bench with Dale next game !
From what I read, 2 games is standard and is applied consistently. Humphrey's altercation with penalty box door attendant is one for the ages... Not sure if that's covered under the rules.
Howler2... If you can show that Beck's 2 game suspension for slew footing is too harsh compared to past rulings, you may be on to something. Evidence?

Reactions: zman77 and Otto

howler2

Apr 9, 2023
From what I read, 2 games is standard and is applied consistently. Humphrey's altercation with penalty box door attendant is one for the ages... Not sure if that's covered under the rules.
Howler2... If you can show that Beck's 2 game suspension for slew footing is too harsh compared to past rulings, you may be on to something. Evidence?
Arrogance runs wild

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Especially with London Lover Dave Branch in the building

It's 3D chess, being played at a level far beyond LK fans comprehension. Illuminati type stuff.
The whole league sees it, we'll 96.24% ( owners, staff, fans )
Despite Nellis statistical penality break down a couple years back. Despite any calls in any 1 game, of a series or a season.......Branch and therefore all OHL employees and volunteers also bow down.

It's started when the OHL tried to play hardball with a new to the league GM and Owner resulting in a full year ban.....lore has it at some point of that season a secret and sacred meeting/ritual/sacrifice was held with all the GMs and OHL executive staff. The organizer?????? The 2 new owners
.......What exactly happened, only a very very few know.....the the 96.24 percenters see the ongoing results. LK fans, as part of the ritual were shielded from the truth and left to enjoy the spoils.

Last edited:

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
That was a great example of a slewfoot that you could put in textbooks.

Add to that there were 39 seconds left in a game that was already decided on the scoreboard. And the player is a repeat offender in This series.

This suspension was always going to be the outcome.

Congrats to the rookie goalie for getting the job done last night.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What would you do if an official tried to injure you ?

The Time Keeper Official closed the door on Humphrey's arm, if the arms would have been more on the inside it's his fingers that would have gotten it. Ya you bet he berated the official and rightfully so too !!!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Petes head coach Rob Wilson said after game two when asked if he thought Beck would get suspended for the head check on Barkey, his response was "Owen Beck does not play dirty". And yet he's the only player in this year's playoffs to have been kicked out of the game twice with 2 Major penalties.

With this said, I think Owen Beck is one if not the very best faceoffs man I ever seen in junior hockey at all levels. The statician on TSN said Beck was at 71+% in faceoffs
wins as of the end of first period of game 5 final. That is awesome numbers, it should be balancing out at the faceoffs circle for the Knights with his suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Still a big hill to climb here and Petes definitely in the driver seat at home with how the Knights played there.
Possible, sure....... but they need to execute like game 1&5 esp with G #3 in between the pipes. Not much room if any for lapses as the Petes have proven to be the more opportunistic squad.

Had an inner chuckle thinking of the post citing LK may get aggressive so end it in 5. Seems the opposite happened with Beck late in the game.
"London will resort to physical violence ( like any team would) so the sooner we get out of this the better"

Petes deserve to be up 3-2, no excuses.i wish Sundays game was 2 or 4 start. Don't wanna wait all day for the game lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and tjziel

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Door opener and Humprey are buds now, all good.
Any1 got the PB keeper list of duties n responsibilities lol? Not sure they include what happened
Humprey's truely a silver tongued devil. Within 2 mere minutes, he charmed a crusty old penalty box attendant from being obnoxious and irritated, to being just another pal. Bet he's twice as good with the chicks. :naughty::thumbu:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
What's the penalty for abuse of an official , apparently in London there is none.

Can u reference the door opener's roles n responsibilities before you claim abuse of an official or ya just wanna take the leap uniformed?

10 posts huh? Hhmmmm lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Otto

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I did'nt realize people in the timers box and penalty box were not considered OHL officials (OKAY)

Roles n responsibilities list? I

I did'nt realize people in the timers box and penalty box were not considered OHL officials (OKAY)

And should act "official " when dealing with teenagers. Again neither participant has their knickers in a knot but you do lol. Welcome to the double digit post club!

And all to do with sour grapes it appears looking at your handful.of posts with a similar theme. Cool. Have at it. You will get the attention you crave here.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Okey ! List us places that there are penalties for abuse of time keeper officials?
I will say this they're still considered officials just "off ice officials" and are covered under that rule. That being said the old man initiated the problem. If the referee had a problem while what Humphrey said to them they would have made the call as they have a fee times this series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad