London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Spearing's head, containing a broken jaw, targeted and struck. No penalty. Beck out two games for slew foot. Nuff said.​
That's not a check to the head. Broken jaw doesn't enter into it. If there is concern that Spearing has a broken jaw then he probably shouldn't have been playing

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
what about it? What's Federkow supposed to do?...duck to the same level? It's a clean hit and wasn't penalized because it was a clean hit. The player being hit has to take some responsibility here and not duck into a prone position
Aside from the visual evidence showing contact with the head and the player not returning to the game, yes that’s a clean hit.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It’s a clean hit to the head. For a person that consistently points out ignorance…
I could fully agree about players being responsible for being aware of blind side hits and when knocked out by incidental or secondary head contact. And I can agree that every one should have known Spearing’s head would be targeted. It was even suggested on this board that if Spearing plays, target the injury.
I don't agree about intentionally targeting an injured player that's poor sportsmanship.

This is the best game in existence and I like it to be played fair and square within the rules of the game so that all sides can enjoy it. Especially at the Junior level where we can watch with excitement young players developing their skills while playing their hearts out with team honors (all teams). These junior games is so much more entertaining than pros but lets play it fair and square on all sides. If there are rule suggestions the league is always open but you'll have to get their full attention though !!

Reactions: zman77
It was even suggested on this board that if Spearing plays, target the injury.
Ya...by me. Sorry...I won't sway.

I don't agree about intentionally targeting an injured player that's poor sportsmanship.
Anything to win...bottom line

ask Matty Tkachuk if he'd punch his mother in the head in the heat of battle

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Aside from the visual evidence showing contact with the head and the player not returning to the game, yes that’s a clean hit.
The player shouldn't have been playing, every players who touches the puck is liable to get hit, what was he thinking playing with a serious injury.

Not too long ago on these very pages there were discussion of a former Swift Current player suing the team and the WH/CHL leagues for letting him play with injured shoulders that ended up costing his hockey career. Petes should be liable for allowing him to play with a fresh broken jaw. IMHO

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
It’s a clean hit to the head. For a person that consistently points out ignorance…
I could fully agree about players being responsible for being aware of blind side hits and when knocked out by incidental or secondary head contact. And I can agree that every one should have known Spearing’s head would be targeted. It was even suggested on this board that if Spearing plays, target the injury.
And on the Petes board it was stated that Humphrey should be injured for whatever grievance was presented. The road goes both ways.

Spearing shouldnt be on the ice. Plain and spimple.

Should we lose our sh.. over the possible intent to injure by Robertson on Humphry? The game is over. No reason to hold a grudge for longer than an hour after the game ends.

No player should be injured on purpose. Tried to tell that to a certain poster on the Windsor board, fell on deaf ears.

Last edited:
The player shouldn't have been playing, every players who touches the puck is liable to get hit, what was he thinking playing with a serious injury.

Not too long ago on these very pages there were discussion of a former Swift Current player suing the team and the WH/CHL leagues for letting him play with injured shoulders that ended up costing his hockey career. Petes should be liable for allowing him to play with a fresh broken jaw. IMHO
No it would be London's fault if Spearing slipped in warmups and rang his head off the dasher.

You said it...he shouldn't have been dressed. You dress ...you made the choice...i'm not gonna feed you pablum

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Ya...by me. Sorry...I won't sway.

Anything to win...bottom line

ask Matty Tkachuk if he'd punch his mother in the head in the heat of battle
Matty Tkachuk is just an average player to what it used to be some 40 years plus ago, his reputation will follow him around the league. Unfortunately for him it's just a matter of time he meets a fresh young man just like him wanting recognition and eager to please his coach.

Some teetering, that’s a bit of a departure from ignoring an own posted pic of a clear head check.
You need a better eye glass plan...it's clear shoulder straight on in that picture. Not Federkow's fault Spearing ducked

Matty Tkachuk is just an average player to what it used to be some 40 years plus ago, his reputation will follow him around the league. Unfortunately for him it's just a matter of time he meets a fresh young man just like him wanting recognition and eager to please his coach.
Oh I'm not disputing any of that...I was referencing will to win at all costs

Reactions: Fastpace

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You need a better eye glass plan...it's clear shoulder straight on in that picture. Not Federkow's fault Spearing ducked
Clear picture of shoulder to face mask, clear video evidence of shoulder to head first contact.
Did Spearing duck or knowingly expose himself to a potentially painful hit in an attempt to keep the puck in the Knights’ zone?
If the refs make the correct call and assess the Knights a 5 min major, Spearing is the epitome of selfless leader. Should Spearing have gone to the bench infuriated that he took a shoulder square to the face mask and a follow through with the arm that squished his helmut on the glass without drawing a 5 min PP; absolutely.
Oh I'm not disputing any of that...I was referencing will to win at all costs

• Haha
Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Clear picture of shoulder to face mask, clear video evidence of shoulder to head first contact.
Did Spearing duck or knowingly expose himself to a potentially painful hit in an attempt to keep the puck in the Knights’ zone?
If the refs make the correct call and assess the Knights a 5 min major, Spearing is the epitome of selfless leader. Should Spearing have gone to the bench infuriated that he took a shoulder square to the face mask and a follow through with the arm that squished his helmut on the glass without drawing a 5 min PP; absolutely.
Ok. 5th time point has been made. There is no invisible chalkboard holding scores here. I'm moving on.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Can you not see the injured man's face near the numbers on the back of Federkow's sweater, does being bias makes blind people, just wondering, are the eyes open or close, can the picture be magnified for close up viewing. If Federkow hitted his face what's it doing at the back of his sweater. How many freeze shots does it take to comprehend what is it you are looking at?

Last edited:
You may wanna change your name from dirty dozen. ;)

You can try any angle you like...you're not gonna change my opinion of the hit and the player that put themselves in the postion to take it on the chin. Again....Federkow is 5 foot 10...how does his shoulder hit Spearing's head? Easy...Spearing ducked to try to avoid the hit and got cold cocked. Federkow did EVERYTHING right

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
You may wanna change your name from dirty dozen. ;)

You can try any angle you like...you're not gonna change my opinion of the hit and the player that put themselves in the postion to take it on the chin. Again....Federkow is 5 foot 10...how does his shoulder hit Spearing's head? Easy...Spearing ducked to try to avoid the hit and got cold cocked. Federkow did EVERYTHING right
Viewed the video multiple times. Opinion of a neutral fan (as neutral as a Ranger fan can be).

Spearing isn’t ducking away from the hit. He had just played the puck a fraction of a second prior and was in a shooting stance due to that. Federkow launched up at Spearing though that’s legal as he didn’t leave his feet. That covers the height differential.

The initial point of contact looks to be the head by the shoulder/upper arm though it would be nice if we had a replay from the opposite end. Not late. Elbow tucked thus no elbow.

At the end of the day, I think it should have been penalized. This isn’t the NHL. The rule here is if the initial point of contact is the head, it’s a penalty no matter what the person receiving the hit has done.

But in the grand scheme of things, no disrespect to Federkow (decent player). but in or out of the lineup wouldn’t make a ton of difference to London’s chances - not close to how much the Pete’s will miss Beck.

So I doubt you’ll hear much from the Pete’s on this issue.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Viewed the video multiple times. Opinion of a neutral fan (as neutral as a Ranger fan can be).

Spearing isn’t ducking away from the hit. He had just played the puck a fraction of a second prior and was in a shooting stance due to that. Federkow launched up at Spearing though that’s legal as he didn’t leave his feet. That covers the height differential.

The initial point of contact looks to be the head by the shoulder/upper arm though it would be nice if we had a replay from the opposite end. Not late. Elbow tucked thus no elbow.

At the end of the day, I think it should have been penalized. This isn’t the NHL. The rule here is if the initial point of contact is the head, it’s a penalty no matter what the person receiving the hit has done.

But in the grand scheme of things, no disrespect to Federkow (decent player). but in or out of the lineup wouldn’t make a ton of difference to London’s chances - not close to how much the Pete’s will miss Beck.

That is about exactly how I see it, if Spearing didn’t have a broken jaw we would be talking about a missed two minute minor.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
So, Monday being a legal holiday, will the Armory box office be open for ticket sales, should the Knights win tonight ? Should that happen, I predict a stampede on Tuesday AM. Game 7.....bring it on !!!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I am going to be very impartial my friend, "You Are Wrong" ! How's that!!

You've played hockey haven't you or not, you should know after an initial contact you just don't turn around and go you separate ways, check must be finished. Federkow initial contact was directed at the left shoulder clearly viewed on his approach by the video as the contact was made Spearing tried to back away and lower himself down in the process while Federkow tried to lift himself up for better leverage in doing so his first contact was on top and above Spearing left shoulder. With the initial contact made on top of the shoulder the follow through continued along the side of the head and on with a push of the head with the forearm and on again to the facewashing that uselly players love to do to rub it in to finish a check. Dirty , might be so, was it abnormal absolutely not aside from a player playing with a broken jaw. This kind of checks happens in most hockey games by most every players on all teams. "No player(s) will change his game because an opposing player wanting to beat you is playing hurt"

What most are seeing is the follow through after the initial contact, this is how it's done and if you played the game you out to know, if you don't finish your check (broken jaw or not) you will be sitting at end of the bench.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
That is about exactly how I see it, if Spearing didn’t have a broken jaw we would be talking about a missed two minute minor.
Federkow did not do anything wrong on that check and if the same occasion were to present itself again he would be doing exactly the very same, perhaps keeping his left skate to the ice maybe.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Is Willmore getting the call again tonight, I think so but on a very short leash. The longer this series goes advantage goes to the Knights, the Petes has to feel how fortunate they are to be ahead in these finals. London out played the Petes in every game so far, they have also scored 3 or more goals on Simpson in every game except for game one only two went past him.

Of the three Petes win there were a long stretch pass break away to hurt the Knights in all three games, stop the long passes and they'll stop their momentum.

Is Willmore getting the call again tonight, I think so but on a very short leash. The longer this series goes advantage goes to the Knights, the Petes has to feel how fortunate they are to be ahead in these finals. London out played the Petes in every game so far, they have also scored 3 or more goals on Simpson in every game except for game one only two went past him.

Of the three Petes win there were a long stretch pass break away to hurt the Knights in all three games, stop the long passes and they'll stop their momentum.
Willmore should get the start...he earned it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad