London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Ferda11 said:
Oh relax. I’ve got to deal with it too. Of course they are going to give Sarnia-Lambton residents first dibs. I’m sure if Sarnia had a 9,000 seat arena like London they wouldn’t have done this.

"Relax" :laugh:

I stand by my comments. it's a Mickey Mouse way of doing things. Doesn't matter the size of the arena. Tampa started doing something similar years ago restricting ticket purchases to playoff games to people in their area. It's a bad look on the city, shows they are not interested in tourism. (out of town fans are more likely to hit up local establishments pre-game), not to mention it's a kick in the face to locals who have mobility issues.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I agree with a team wanting a pro home crowd.
But I don't agree with limiting tic sales to only locals with access, day off work, no mobility concerns, transportation concerns or Sarnia fans that live a 1/2hr or further outside the area. Just seems limiting and short sighted to me. And it doesn't affect me at all. I just feel for others wanting to be part of this opportunity that has been a while in coming. I wouldn't be happy as a Sting fan in Chatham or anywhere withing a 1 hr drive. Thsts alot of time n a day off work to have an opportunity to witness this great achievement.

As for the series, if Sarnia plays up to their abilities the Knights are in tough, real tough. DelMastro is a beast, the tender is playing very well, the got the bodies n skill for a great PP. A solidily built team and many fans choice as favs before the POs started.

Hoping for a great series for all to watch.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
CMon Fiday already.
I'm thinking this is the end of an unexpected run but wanting to enjoy a close series and competitive play.
Might have a single seat tic for Sunday if someone is looking. I'll know tomorrow.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
In my gut this will be the end of the road for the Knights, but my heart hopes it’s not.

Sarnia has the edge in skill and star power but do they have the will? If not, we could win.

We have to acknowledge at the end of the day we had an easy path to the Conference Finals by facing the 7th and 8th seed.

We have faced average goaltending prior to this series but Gaudreau can steal you a game or two and frustrate you in a series. So capitalizing on the PP, and moving your feet to defend is a must.

X factor in this series for Sarnia is Sasha Pastujov. Someone needs to keep an eye on him at all times (along with Burke) because Pastujov doesn’t play defense and will sit at the line waiting for his opportunity to beat our defense.

X factor the Knights is Isaiah George. He’s our shutdown man and he can shut down Pastujov or Burke, we definitely have a shot. Can’t forget about DelBelBelluz or Voit, but I feel good about our chances if we can shut those two down.

Reactions: LDN

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
In my gut this will be the end of the road for the Knights, but my heart hopes it’s not.

Sarnia has the edge in skill and star power but do they have the will? If not, we could win.

We have to acknowledge at the end of the day we had an easy path to the Conference Finals by facing the 7th and 8th seed.

We have faced average goaltending prior to this series but Gaudreau can steal you a game or two and frustrate you in a series. So capitalizing on the PP, and moving your feet to defend is a must.

X factor in this series for Sarnia is Sasha Pastujov. Someone needs to keep an eye on him at all times (along with Burke) because Pastujov doesn’t play defense and will sit at the line waiting for his opportunity to beat our defense.

X factor the Knights is Isaiah George. He’s our shutdown man and he can shut down Pastujov or Burke, we definitely have a shot. Can’t forget about DelBelBelluz or Voit, but I feel good about our chances if we can shut those two down.

Can't disagree.
Im not sure which F(s) they will need to control, but they are in tough. (maybe Stingsupdate can give us a scouting report on who has been driving the ship up front for them)
The GAF meter will need to be in Londons favour to win. If it's equal or Sting have that adv. should be 5 or 6 n out.

Reactions: zman77 and tjziel

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
This will be a much closer series than the previous 2. If the games are close ( which I fully expect ) the Knights have proven over the course of the season, that they are capable of winning games that are decided by a single goal. Since there are no shoot-outs, their performance in overtime situations tends to support this. Keys to winning and advancing:
1. Team discipline
2. Team speed
3. Not allowing shots from prime scoring areas.
4. Frustrate but don't retaliate.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sarnia is built very much like Ottawa 67's, very good team and do have star players in their lineups. The head to head of the Canadian World Junior star goalies long awaited series. If London remembers how they played Ottawa this year, and how they beat and lost against the Sting this season they'll know just what to do and how to win against them. It is another section (#3) of a total of five of the 2022-23 final exam. Every team member executing their roles with no breaks no night offs and no slackers, if they do this with full team discipline they'll come out victorious in the end

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Can't disagree.
Im not sure which F(s) they will need to control, but they are in tough. (maybe Stingsupdate can give us a scouting report on who has been driving the ship up front for them)
The GAF meter will need to be in Londons favour to win. If it's equal or Sting have that adv. should be 5 or 6 n out.
Sarnia's had 3 good lines rolling so far. The "2nd" line is consistently the most dangerous with Pastujov & Del Bel Belluz. Both are elite shooters & very creative. Sikic is the dependable/2way guy for them.

The top line has been a bit hit or miss outside Burke, who's been terrific. Voit hasn't had the best playoffs so far. Still point per game, but not nearly as effective. Filak does the dirty work for them.

The 3rd line with Vilmanis/Lantz/Wainwright has been very good for us. They have a bit of everything with size, speed & are reliable.

The 4th line is your typical L4. Won't score much, but are physical & cycle well.

Del Mastro & Kyrou really drive play from the backend. Both are very dangerous if you give them space.

We've had a flu bug going thru the team all playoffs. 9 players have missed games because of it. Hoping for our sake, they've gotten away from it finally.

Should be an epic series & one we've all been waiting for far too long. Good luck!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Hoping Adam Dennis’ Troops finish off Barrie tonight. Underrated program they’ve built in NB. I have nothing against any individual player but I have zero respect for the Colts org or Williamson.

Reactions: zman77 and Otto

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Anyone want me to get them two tickets to games 3,4 in Sarnia? I’m 25th in line and have been here since 7:30am lol. The front of the line started at 5:30am - need to know in the next 20min 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: rve24

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I remember having a long posting discussion in regards to the importance of finishing first over Windsor. I thought resting players should take precedent over finishing first. Windsor did not do this as they sent their full cavalry right out to the end, London did rest some players the last two games of the season, not as much I would have like them to but they did never the less. I don't know about Ottawa but they are gone now or how Sarnia managed their last few games, they did have some problems with Guelph right off the start. If I were a bidder right now my money (but not too much) would be on London. Cheers!

Reactions: zman77

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Are you sure about that? Both NB and Petes finished ahead of Knights in overall standings. Clarify?
North Bay & Barrie finished ahead of London in Points, the Petes were way back.
But London won their division, Colts did not. So I would think the Knights would only have home ice in the final against the Petes/Colts, but If it was NB they would not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: