Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hendrick is the biggest brown noser kiss-ass MLSE employee there is

He knows where his bread is buttered.

Great guy, I've played against him a couple times in our Mens League in Oakville. Never shut up the entire time he was on the ice, pretty comical.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
After being embarrassed at home against Bruins missing their best player in Chara, I'm expecting a real bounce back game here.

Buffalo has only scored 11 goals in 9 games this year, so once the Leafs get 2 goals it should be 2 points in the bank.

I'm calling it Kessel with a big 4 point game and Leafs win going away.

Because this team would never allow themselves to be embarrassed two games in a row?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Anne Murray @annemurray1 · tweets Oct 25
I wish the Leafs were better.

Toronto Maple Leafs’ Randy Carlyle under fire again: Can he survive Anne Murray’s devastating criticism?

Toronto has only won three of its first eight games. The Leafs are only three points ahead of the Buffalo Sabres, the team they will host on Tuesday, and a team playing free from the burden of expectation this year.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...e-survive-anne-murrays-devastating-criticism/

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
it's Buffalo... which means an automatic loss.

You guys haven't clued into that in the last... what, 30 years?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Have they announced whether Reimer or Bernier is starting? I really hope they give this one to James. I know Bernier has more upside but lets face it... Reimer has been the better goaltender this season. Might as well ride him before he cools down.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Have they announced whether Reimer or Bernier is starting? I really hope they give this one to James. I know Bernier has more upside but lets face it... Reimer has been the better goaltender this season. Might as well ride him before he cools down.

it be nice if Bernie had some run support the last 3 games he has started we have been shutout twice (apart the one goal we scored with 5 mins left against boston) and a 5-2 win against the Island. the buds have been awful infront of him

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Actually, strangely enough, I look forward to the game. Perhaps interested in seeing how the team will respond after the criticism they have received after the Boston game.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
After being embarrassed at home against Bruins missing their best player in Chara, I'm expecting a real bounce back game here.

Buffalo has only scored 11 goals in 9 games this year, so once the Leafs get 2 goals it should be 2 points in the bank.

I'm calling it Kessel with a big 4 point game and Leafs win going away.
Yeah, scoring's been a real struggle for the Sabres, so I see a similar outcome as you, with Kessel probably sniping a pair.

Also, a couple tidbits with a Buffalo slant (some from the game preview):
  • Sabres have scored only 10 goals in nine games and just five among their seven losses.
  • Sabres have gone scoreless in 13 of their last 15 periods of play, with just three goals in their last five games.
  • Sabres are 2-0-0 in both games this season that they've led or that they've scored first in.
  • Sabres are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games vs the Leafs; 1-7-2 on the road.
  • The home team has won the last seven games played H2H.
  • Both teams are looking for their first win against a divisional opponent this season. The Leafs are seeking their first divisional win in their last eight tries (last win: April 3 vs. BOS) and the Sabres are looking for their first in the last 10 (March 6 at TBL).
  • Matt Moulson has tallied 9+3 in his last eight games against the Leafs, including a goal in each of the last three.
  • Cody Hodgson (1+4) and Tyler Myers (0+5) have each recorded five points in their last five games against the Leafs.
  • Brian Gionta (17+11) and Drew Stafford (12+16) tie to lead all Sabres with 28 career points against the Leafs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah, scoring's been a real struggle for the Sabres, so I see a similar outcome as you, with Kessel probably sniping a pair.

Also, a couple tidbits with a Buffalo slant (some from the game preview):
  • Sabres have scored only 10 goals in nine games and just five among their seven losses.
  • Sabres have gone scoreless in 13 of their last 15 periods of play, with just three goals in their last five games.
  • Sabres are 2-0-0 in both games this season that they've led or that they've scored first in.
  • Sabres are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games vs the Leafs; 1-7-2 on the road.
  • The home team has won the last seven games played H2H.
  • Both teams are looking for their first win against a divisional opponent this season. The Leafs are seeking their first divisional win in their last eight tries (last win: April 3 vs. BOS) and the Sabres are looking for their first in the last 10 (March 6 at TBL).
  • Matt Moulson has tallied 9+3 in his last eight games against the Leafs, including a goal in each of the last three.
  • Cody Hodgson (1+4) and Tyler Myers (0+5) have each recorded five points in their last five games against the Leafs.
  • Brian Gionta (17+11) and Drew Stafford (12+16) tie to lead all Sabres with 28 career points against the Leafs.

Hmmm... And bunch of Leaf-killers who haven't scored a much recently facing off again the Leafs

Might as well que the Ghostbusters theme song and sing over it about the Leafs as "Slumpbusters"

Should be interesting to see

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
10 goals in 9 games.
An ugly loss in this one could have the makings of some absolutely epic crowd hostility.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
10 goals in 9 games.
An ugly loss in this one could have the makings of some absolutely epic crowd hostility.

i REALLY hope to see this. Waffles, Leaf sweaters, "Let's go Blue Jays" chants, "Fire Wilson" chants, whatever - toss it all on the ice after a lazy loss by the Maple Loafs. Slowly but surely over the past couple of seasons, the crowds have been booing louder and louder, and there's random instances of fans throwing stuff on the ice in protest. I'm all for it, let the fans be heard, AND while on national television - works for me.

I'd love to see it - a loss to Buffalo (which is practically guaranteed because they don't beat the Sabres), and then some crazy shenanigans at the end of the 3rd period. I'm waiting with eager anticipation.. so for this game: LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO ;)

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
i REALLY hope to see this. Waffles, Leaf sweaters, whatever - toss it on the ice after a lazy loss by the Maple Loafs. Slowly but surely over the past couple of seasons, the crowds have been booing louder and louder, and there's random instances of fans throwing stuff on the ice in protest. I'm all for it, let the fans be heard, AND while on national television - works for me.

I'd love to see it - a loss to Buffalo (which is practically guaranteed because they don't beat the Sabres), and then some crazy shenanigans at the end of the 3rd period. I'm waiting with eager anticipation.. so for this game: LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO ;)

Strong with our team the fail is. Hrmm.

The leafs have traditionally had a problem with teams lower in the standings. I don't expect anything different tomorrow.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs lines Monday’s Practice

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-Clarkson
Komarov-Santorelli-Winnik
Ashton-Holland-Panik-Frattin

Defence
Phaneuf-Franson
Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Robidas

Goalies
Bernier
Reimer

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This one is a dangerous game. It's one thing losing to Boston at home. Almost expected at this point. But if they lose to Buffalo and don't play well. This will trigger some action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad