Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Every time I say to myself that I am losing interest in this team, I get sucked right back in. It's always interesting to watch this team play. It's like a soap opera, you just want to see what happens next. At the end of the day, it is just entertainment. Good times or bad times, it's always entertaining.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You get the sense that if the Leafs lose tomorrow, they're going to be headed in a free fall.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You get the sense that if the Leafs lose tomorrow, they're going to be headed in a free fall.

This team should beat the Sabres easily,
That being said, even if we lose a hard competed game I'm fine.
If this team pulls a no show however, the clearly don't care what Shanny,Randy or Kyle think in the least.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

Hmmmm

Now is the time for Kadri to show he can be a 1C. If he can't, not sure how long he will be around for, sadly
I do not think it's a good thing to brake up Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson.
Also looking at our first two lines.... how "good" are these lines defensively? :laugh: Lupul and Kessel are some of the WORST defensive forwards in the whole league. Now they are playing with Nazem Kadri :biglaugh: Awful line defensively for sure.

Also the second line with JVR and Clarkson is not that good defensively. Clarkson has been good cycling and offensively, but his positioning game is not well on D. JVR has been one of our poorest players defensively. Just ridiculous to watch JVR play in his own end. He should just stop already.

We will be allowing goals. Guaranteed. Our team is not a good team by any means. We need centers and D via trades and free agency/waivers etc. By any means necessary.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I do not think it's a good thing to brake up Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson.
Also looking at our first two lines.... how "good" are these lines defensively? :laugh: Lupul and Kessel are some of the WORST defensive forwards in the whole league. Now they are playing with Nazem Kadri :biglaugh: Awful line defensively for sure.

Also the second line with JVR and Clarkson is not that good defensively. Clarkson has been good cycling and offensively, but his positioning game is not well on D. JVR has been one of our poorest players defensively. Just ridiculous to watch JVR play in his own end. He should just stop already.

We will be allowing goals. Guaranteed. Our team is not a good team by any means. We need centers and D via trades and free agency/waivers etc. By any means necessary.

Who cares about defense right now, this team cant even score. That was supposed to be the one good part of the team, high offense, and if they can't even play to their strengths were doomed. Juggling is a must.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
So the line of lupul-kadri-kessel (if practice lines are the game lines) will either be exciting and everything we hope for, or it will be a disaster.

If they gel and play with some passion that I know each of them has, they will be fast and dangerous. However if they play anything like how they've been playing recently, they will look lazy, useless, and every shift will be them floating around aimlessly in the neutral zone and getting outworked and hemmed in the defensive zone :(

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I would rather see a stacked JVR - Kadri - Lupul line. One that could actually drive possession numbers and be quite effective scoring. Kessel, much like Patrick Kane, should be on the second line with Bozak and a grinder like Panik/ Komarov.

JVR - Kadri - Lupul

Panik/ Komarov - Bozak - Kessel

Panik/ Komarov - Santa - Clarkson

Ashton - Holland - Winik

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
man.
tomorrow is going to be soooo interesting.

nawww it won't be

buff is the worst team in the league (when all others are healthy)

we will win tomor night but it won't mean a dang thing

but the huggers will be out in full force, now that will be interesting.:naughty:

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Really? Pretty sure whatever line Kessel is on is the #1 line for at least the PP.

They'll need to mix up the PP units. You don't want Clarkson and JVR out there together.

Also in the past, Carlyle has always kept Kadri away from Kessel so that he can be the primary puckhandler on the second unit.

Buuutttttt.... Carlyle also likes to keep his regular lines together for the PP, so hard to say what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad