Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Have they announced whether Reimer or Bernier is starting? I really hope they give this one to James. I know Bernier has more upside but lets face it... Reimer has been the better goaltender this season. Might as well ride him before he cools down.

Reimer would have got the start in Ottawa, and Bernier gave up four goals last game (even if it wasn't his fault.) I'd expect to see James.

arizona beamer*

A lack of Carlyle on the bench Tuesday night will be no surprise. Kadri has been given the healthy scratch and ole Randy boy has donned the Leaf jersey taking the job of Line 2 center.

Putting up a Gordie Howe hat trick, the Leafs edge by the Sabres 2-1 and afterward Kadri is traded to a local shopkeep for 2 cases of sparkling wine to celebrate their new era as an elite team. Meanwhile, Kadri finds a perfect fit as a labourer and spends most of his shifts complaining about how the shops clientele are the worst and how the shop doesn't need customers like them.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
A lack of Carlyle on the bench Tuesday night will be no surprise. Kadri has been given the healthy scratch and ole Randy boy has donned the Leaf jersey taking the job of Line 2 center.

Putting up a Gordie Howe hat trick, the Leafs edge by the Sabres 2-1 and afterward Kadri is traded to a local shopkeep for 2 cases of sparkling wine to celebrate their new era as an elite team. Meanwhile, Kadri finds a perfect fit as a labourer and spends most of his shifts complaining about how the shops clientele are the worst and how the shop doesn't need customers like them.
I do find it rather upsetting that JVR couldn't be on the left wing. He's a bigger body and when on can protect the puck a lot better. Lupul's game around the net is usually quite mediocre and let's hope he doesn't injure himself trying to much either.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
come on guys, put in some solid effort for the loss tonight

i wanna see 20 jason blakes out there

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

Hmmmm

Now is the time for Kadri to show he can be a 1C. If he can't, not sure how long he will be around for, sadly

So essentially, if he can't handle top line centre duties right now, you think he'll be traded?

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I'm hoping we lose. We can't afford to give the sabres a loss when we need it.

Start scoring in own net if they have to but the need to win should be over...

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Carlyle will scrap these line changes after the first period.

I kind of hope so, I like the original lines much better than these.

I think the lines we had were the best possible line up, it's just lazy players with no work ethic that's a problem. Don't know shuffling will make a difference.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

Hmmmm

Now is the time for Kadri to show he can be a 1C. If he can't, not sure how long he will be around for, sadly

Does this signify that Kadri is being promoted & Bozak demoted by these new line combos? .. Ditto or Lupul verses JVR ?

Which is the top line now and who plays on the top PP unit?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Does this signify that Kadri is being promoted & Bozak demoted by these new line combos? .. Ditto or Lupul verses JVR ?

I guess its a better thing if the Leafs don't have one true top line. That way other teams may find it more difficult to match up their defensemen. Now we just need the lines to click together

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Expecting a much better effort tonight.

Bernier starting?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Expecting a much better effort tonight.

Bernier starting?

They usually bounce back after a bad game... but the problem is when they have a good bounce back game, they fall back down the following game... rinse repeat. Sigh...

I think Reimer will start but it could go either way.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With Percy's demotion Leafs will have no choice but to dress 12 forwards and 6 Dmen for tonight.

Wonder if Carlyle will take this game against Sabres to try and establish a 4 line game plan and rotation that we have heard was the plan for this year with the increased depth that was added this off-season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So essentially, if he can't handle top line centre duties right now, you think he'll be traded?

From all indications.

Dreger said the other day he doesn't think Kadri will be a Leaf after the Trade Deadline. Dreger isn't that great of an NHL insider, but he's usually bang on with Leafs stuff.

This very well could fast track that result.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Kessel's line.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Kadri wasn't supposed to be on this team after the off season by many posters on this board.

I do not understand how trading Kadri can improve our team considering down the middle is not our strongest asset.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
From all indications.

Dreger said the other day he doesn't think Kadri will be a Leaf after the Trade Deadline. Dreger isn't that great of an NHL insider, but he's usually bang on with Leafs stuff.

This very well could fast track that result.

Dreger is pretty spot on a lot of times. He gets a lot of flack but overall, his information about the Leafs is pretty good most of the time. When he starts to get opinionated though, that's when he starts to get pretty stupid. When he has a "I think" in his comments, that's when it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Either way, I think it's pretty obvious this is a big year for Kadri in terms of production and overall consistency. So far he hasn't had the best start but we can't really say he hasn't had the chance to shine this season. He's been given a lot of minutes and he's put in a role now that should make him shine and produce.

I don't know if he'll be traded at the deadline but I'm not sure how long he'll last if he can't play on an another level then last season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri wasn't supposed to be on this team after the off season by many posters on this board.

I do not understand how trading Kadri can improve our team considering down the middle is not our strongest asset.

It will likely be in a deal for a guy like Eric Staal, which is an upgrade, no doubt about that, but it's giving up assets for veteran players that at this point, is pretty much opposite of what we should be doing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They usually bounce back after a bad game... but the problem is when they have a good bounce back game, they fall back down the following game... rinse repeat. Sigh...

I think Reimer will start but it could go either way.

Yeah, no doubt consistency in effort has been the biggest issue.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

NHL.com had a different take than some here.

Does it matter, as long as Bozak and Kessel both get the puck they have a good chance to score.

Bozak has been the Leafs most accurate shooter for 3 years, and Kessel takes the most shots.

Perhaps they are just spreading out the talent in order to get Lupul and Kadri producing?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Of course the Leafs win tonight, Buffalo just come off the west coast trip. Its a freebee. But remember, they still stink.

Nope, plan the parade! :yo:

The knee-jerk trades will no longer be required! :shakehead

Oh, and :sarcasm:! Big time :sarcasm:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad