Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabers

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
The leafs will win this one and fans will calm down and set their sights on the playoffs again, not realizing that the team we beat was Buffalo.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I think we'll win this seeing as to how embarrasing it would be to lose to this years installment of the Sabres, who might be even worse then they were last year. They're like the Bad News Bears of the league atm.

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Toronto will blow them out, just like they did the Isles, then they will lose 3 in a row.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A loss would likely cause some panic, and could force the Leafs to pull the trigger on something.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
xlKzmRk.gif

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
The Sabres beat the Sharks the other night, so they aren't complete push overs, plus they really had the Leafs number last year, so that's another thing to consider.

From a tank perspective, if the Sabres win in regulation, they would only be one point back of the Leafs.

And from a team sucking perspective, Buffalo would be 1 point behind us.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Man, if we are out-worked by the Sabres when they're clearly tanking then I don't know what I'll do...maybe take a break until one of Phaneuf, Carlyle and Nonis are no longer Leafs. What a sack of **** leadership group.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Leafs are bad against bad teams. How many times did Toronto lose to Florida and Buffalo last year?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I want the Leafs to win and hope they do win because I want them to make the playoffs.

However, a part of me wants to see the Sabres blow them out to a chorus of boos and "Lets go Raptors" chants with jerseys being tossed on the ice to teach these ****ers a lesson about compete

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Don't get me wrong, I want the Leafs to win and hope they do win because I want them to make the playoffs.

However, a part of me wants to see the Sabres blow them out to a chorus of boos and "Lets go Raptors" chants with jerseys being tossed on the ice to teach these ****ers a lesson about compete

There is absolutely no reason for this team to not beat the Sabres.
After the Boston no show, they should be flying without excuse.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
The leafs will win this one and fans will calm down and set their sights on the playoffs again, not realizing that the team we beat was Buffalo.

This ^, plus Buffalo is just coming off a west coast trip which usually spells disaster. Leafs win 3-1, but still suck, but Leaf fans will refuse to believe it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This ^, plus Buffalo is just coming off a west coast trip which usually spells disaster. Leafs win 3-1, but still suck, but Leaf fans will refuse to believe it.

I say 5-4. JVR/Kessel with 2 each and everybody posts how crazy it is to even suggest moving the core. Then we get blasted standing around by Columbus 6-2.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is a must win for the Toronto not only to get back to .500 but your not going to find many easier opponents.

A loss to the Sabres even this early on could damage playoff chances as missed opportunity for points that should be automatics based on Sabres tanking for McDavid.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't think a lone jersey being tossed is symbolic enough. I want to see Blue and White raining from the sky if they have a poor showing next game.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
It doesn't matter how good or how bad the two team are, Buffalo always seems to have our goat.

Give us our damn goat back, you damn goat thieves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad